Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:57   #1
Berretta9

Match 2-8

This was a little different. Our new plastic plate targets came in and they worked great. You had a 5 target string to shoot around a barrell and a plate to stop the clock. Reload and repeat. 22 shots minimum.

1. Matt Griffin 31.25
2. Gene can't remember last name 39.45
3. Dom B. 43.60
4. Jack Hood 44.55
5. Marvin S. 45.50
6. John W. 46.85
7. Bob K. 47.10
8. Dean F. 48.65
9. Greg H. 51.47
10.David C. 51.48
11.Joel S. 54.52
12.Shawn M. 65.24
13.Jim C. 67.51
14.Otis F. 87.62
15.Leigh Ann 96.55
16.Michael M. 135.10
17.Dennis S. 136.15

Eighteen shooters was great. A lot of first timmers. I think letting them test the waters free will in the long run get us more regulars.
Berretta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 12:40   #2
Berretta9

How depressing !!! I'm going to have to take Anna Nicole off my prospects list
Old 02-09-2007, 13:14   #3
Houngan

I think once it warms up and more folks stay inside to help paste, we'll increase turnaround. Trigger time is what the shooters are after, the more rounds we can run through, the better.

H.
Houngan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 15:41   #4
GenoTac Ind.
|KYDEX GEAR>

Greg, last name initial is "L". Good match.
"Just as the mentality and actions of the unrighteous changes, so should our tactics and gear adapt to make us better prepared" -Gene Llaguno, Owner of GenoTac Industries, LLC http://www.genotac-industries.com
GenoTac Ind. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 15:51   #5
Berretta9

Thanks Gene. I remember now.
Old 02-09-2007, 15:52   #6
Berretta9

How did everyone like the "plates" ? I love reactive targets.
Old 02-09-2007, 17:11   #7
GenoTac Ind.
|KYDEX GEAR>

I love plates, but i love steel plates better, just wish those had a positive sound when it gets hit. But I guess there is no ricohets with those.
"Just as the mentality and actions of the unrighteous changes, so should our tactics and gear adapt to make us better prepared" -Gene Llaguno, Owner of GenoTac Industries, LLC http://www.genotac-industries.com
GenoTac Ind. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 18:20   #8
45gunner

Quote:
Originally posted by Berretta9
How did everyone like the "plates" ? I love reactive targets.
I really enjoyed the match. Especially the poppers.
Old 02-09-2007, 18:20   #9
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Send a message via AIM to domzilla9 Send a message via Yahoo to domzilla9
I think that the yellow plastic plates are awesome. Good buy, imho and thanks to Greg and Dean for spearheading that. Personally I am much more comfortable with plastic plates at the distances we shoot indoors. Everyone please remember huddle behind g30another600r when we shoot steel on Tuesdays nights with Hidden Hills!

Matt, thanks for coming out to play with us and I hope you'll come back again. And that must have been some good shooting by the way.

Dean, Greg, John and Jim - that's a bunch for all of your efforts in creating stages and taking turns as doorman, range officer and score keeper.

I've thrown up some simple web pages at www.glipsc.com. Take a look at it and please pm or email me any suggestions. I do have links to match scores. Coming soon we'll have more picture galleries and "feature pages" (like KYgundoc's Burnt Glock) and core volunteers will have access to a free "glipsc.com" gmail account if they wish. If you have any pictures or graphics or articles you would like to see linked on the site please email them to me.

In fact, if you feel like compiling a list of your favorite "shootin" related websites (gear, shopping, orgs, reviews, etc), I will compile the list and we'll have a separate pages of favorite links. We should have links to all of the local stuff: hidden hills, KAPS, KCR, Toby's Shooting Supplies, etc and well as stuff outside the local area.
Old 02-09-2007, 19:21   #10
Houngan

Good times, those plastic poppers are a neat little trick. If they last the advertised 1000 hits, I think they're well worth the money.

As for the shooting, I finally realized that in the dark of an indoor range, I have to really focus on the sights and get a sharp picture. Out in the sunlight I can leave my focus out around the target and shoot the sight image, but I have to pull focus all the way back indoors.

While not necessarily Glocking, the forums at brianenos.com are the best source of competitive shooting information, tips, tests, etc. you can find. It's an incredible resource for those who want to work on their shooting game. Let's put a link to that site on the Glipsc site.

H.
Houngan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 19:26   #11
45gunner

Good job on the GLIPSC page Dom.

Goodshooting Matt, Gene and who would have thunk it Dom's on his way back to the top.

GunDoc I have your timer.
Old 02-09-2007, 20:59   #12
TreehugginGlock

Excellent job on the website Dom.

Excellent shoot this week, too, guys. I really appreciate the creativity it takes designing something new each week.

Loved the IDPA chat with David C after the match. Looking forward to shooting a few of those matches with him and his wife later this year.
TreehugginGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:41   #13
DCGlock23

Quote:
Originally posted by TreehugginGlock
Excellent job on the website Dom.

Excellent shoot this week, too, guys. I really appreciate the creativity it takes designing something new each week.

Loved the IDPA chat with David C after the match. Looking forward to shooting a few of those matches with him and his wife later this year.
I would like to thank everyone for making me feel welcome on my first visit. I neglected to bring a jacket to shoot in, my mistake. Something in my mind said 'Indoor ranges are warm'.

I really enjoyed the IDPA talk with you TreehugginGlock also, and hope to see you again, not just at the GLIPSC matches, but at some IDPA matches as well.
DCGlock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 13:19   #14
TeamSpringfield

Hey Berretta.... Check your PM Box

TS
TeamSpringfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 16:27   #15
TreehugginGlock

Quote:
Originally posted by DCGlock23
I would like to thank everyone for making me feel welcome on my first visit. I neglected to bring a jacket to shoot in, my mistake. Something in my mind said 'Indoor ranges are warm'.

I really enjoyed the IDPA talk with you TreehugginGlock also, and hope to see you again, not just at the GLIPSC matches, but at some IDPA matches as well.
I'm hoping for that too. My only problem right now is trying to find somewhere that will classify me, preferrably before the end of February due to some early entry fee discounts' deadlines on March 1. Lin cancelled their match and now I'm begging Boaz for a classifer. Any other suggestions?
Old 02-11-2007, 16:43   #16
nighthunter30
Glocks & money

Dom That site look good and ALL other that start and keep GLIPSC running. GOOD JOB ALL and Thank

I have fun ever time I go even when I can't hit anything like this week match. I going to try to make more so I can get better.
Old 02-11-2007, 16:46   #17
45gunner

Quote:
I'm hoping for that too. My only problem right now is trying to find somewhere that will classify me, preferrably before the end of February due to some early entry fee discounts' deadlines on March 1. Lin cancelled their match and now I'm begging Boaz for a classifer. Any other suggestions?
Email Lin and ask him what to do.
Old 02-11-2007, 17:00   #18
TreehugginGlock

Quote:
Originally posted by 45gunner
Email Lin and ask him what to do.
He won't be able to help me at least until March. He suggested that I send in my entry in for the Tri-State as a Novice and if I classify at Marksmen level, I then can email them to change my class. That will work there, but the other matches I want to shoot in (with the March 1 postmark deadline for the discount) is Marksmen or better only. I'll have to check with that match to see if they would refund my money if I don't actually classify at Marksman for some reason. That's my main concern and I may be worrying for nothing. Boaz may be able to help me out. Just need to find out if I'm making a roadtrip there next weekend or not.
Old 02-11-2007, 17:59   #19
DCGlock23

Quote:
I am checking with a guy to see if I can run you through the Classifier here locally. I am an IDPA Safety Officer, but I need his permission to use his Club ID#.
DCGlock23 is offline   Reply With Quote