Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-09-2007, 21:53   #1
Erucolindon

Norfolk County Rifle Range Members?

I'm interested in joining the NCRR. The website mentions needing two members to recommend me. Anyone here a member I can get to know?

I plan on getting paperwork filled out and joining within the next 2-4 weeks.

Chris
Old 02-11-2007, 16:13   #2
Jerseycitysteve

Re: Norfolk County Rifle Range Members?

Quote:
Originally posted by Erucolindon
I'm interested in joining the NCRR. The website mentions needing two members to recommend me. Anyone here a member I can get to know?

Happy to do it

Chris
You may come to regret the experience, but here I am.
Jerseycitysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 21:23   #3
SouthpawShootr
NRA Life Member

Re: Norfolk County Rifle Range Members?

Quote:

Chris
Getting sponsored sounds like a daunting task, but believe me it's a lot easier than it sounds. Attend one of the business meetings, get there a little early, and talk to one of the club officers up front. Finding a sponsor should be easy enough.
SouthpawShootr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 13:02   #4
Erucolindon

Glad to hear from someone. Is there, by chance, another time than the business meetings to get started? I only ask because my schedule is hectic, and I can't guarantee I have that night off. I'm also impatient to fine a better place to shoot. I'd hate to miss the march meeting and have to add another month of waiting.

Are y'all happy with NCRR?

Thanks!
Old 02-12-2007, 18:41   #5
SouthpawShootr
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Glad to hear from someone. Is there, by chance, another time than the business meetings to get started? I only ask because my schedule is hectic, and I can't guarantee I have that night off. I'm also impatient to fine a better place to shoot. I'd hate to miss the march meeting and have to add another month of waiting.

Are y'all happy with NCRR?

Thanks!
You can watch area gunshows (Hampton, Virginia Beach) and we usually have a staffed table there with applications and members to answer any questions you might have. You could also look at the calendar on website (www.ncrr.net) and pop up during one of the activities (such as work parties and IDPA) and get an application then. A bunch of applications are usually right on the table inside the clubhouse. Just tell 'em what you're there for. If there's nothing going on at the time you won't be able to get in the gate.

BUT, if I'm not mistaken, according to the bylaws the applications must be "read" to the attending members at two regularly scheduled business meetings before action can be taken on your application. You must present. Does not have to be two consecutive meetings, but it does have to be done this way. After you're in, you can attend the meetings if you are available. Of course, it's a good idea to attend and keep abreast of what's going on.

I'm pleased with the opportunities offered at NCRR. Lots of different things to participate in, if you are so inclined.
SouthpawShootr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 21:34   #6
Jerseycitysteve

I love it.
Jerseycitysteve is offline   Reply With Quote