Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-13-2007, 19:23   #1
Swattie
Cry Havoc

How I became a member

This is kinda funny.

I got involved with a member of the church. We eventually married. When we married I told her I would not stop her from going to church nor would I stop her kids from going to church. SHe smiled and said, That is fine.

Two weeks later she asked if she could feed the missionaries because they are sacrificing and depend on members of the church for support.

I agreed and what was once a month became once a week. No matter how I tried to redirect the conversation from the church they always somehow managed to sneak in a lesson. I was close to beoming a member at one point when a new missionary kicked my dog becasue he didn't like him. Missionaries were not allowed at my house for a long time.

I started letting the missionaries come back a month after the otherone was transferred out. He was transferred at the request of our bishop. Apparently he was not liked by anyone.

After about another 2 months of having the missionaries over I was baptised. A year later I was sealed to my wife and her kids. A few months after the sealing the adoption was finalized with the kids.

That is all she wrote.

Criminals often suffer from a mineral deficiency disorder. Two shots of lead to the thoracic cavity normally takes care of their problem immediately.
Old 02-13-2007, 19:35   #2
RMTactical
CLM Number
www.AR15pro.net

Cool story.

Ahh... disliked missionaries... I had a couple of companions like that...

Due to inflation, my $.02 no longer matters.
Old 02-13-2007, 21:33   #3
BroBrandonB
In God We Trust

nice conversion... perhaps I'll share my "interesting" baptism story sometime... but I don't have the patience to do all that typing right now!

Can't believe that the missionary kicked your dog - if that happened to me that missionary would be *literally* kicked out of my place! Bad missionaries drive me nuts... I haven't seen many, but they just really screw things up. I feel bad for the companions.
Survival/Preparedness Forum #36
Old 02-14-2007, 00:10   #4
cowdawg

Re: How I became a member

Quote:
Originally posted by KSSWATCOP
This is kinda funny.

I got involved with a member of the church. We eventually married. When we married I told her I would not stop her from going to church nor would I stop her kids from going to church. SHe smiled and said, That is fine.

Two weeks later she asked if she could feed the missionaries because they are sacrificing and depend on members of the church for support.

I agreed and what was once a month became once a week. No matter how I tried to redirect the conversation from the church they always somehow managed to sneak in a lesson. I was close to beoming a member at one point when a new missionary kicked my dog becasue he didn't like him. Missionaries were not allowed at my house for a long time.

I started letting the missionaries come back a month after the otherone was transferred out. He was transferred at the request of our bishop. Apparently he was not liked by anyone.

After about another 2 months of having the missionaries over I was baptised. A year later I was sealed to my wife and her kids. A few months after the sealing the adoption was finalized with the kids.

That is all she wrote.
kewl story and thanks for sharing it. I served in Arkansas City Ks, Overland Park Ks and Manhattan Ks Grandview Mo, Ohama Neb and Kearney Neb, and I only had 1 dog not like me, it was chained up in Northern Kansas City and was one mean dog. Every other dog, cat, horse etc loved me.

As for me, I was raised in the Church and became converted with the help and good example of good Rodeo Friends and the reading I did after breaking up with a GF. Long story short I later went on my mission. I was in Ok, Ks, Mo, Neb Yes lots of driving and riding of bikes in 5 states (Part of Iowa was in one of my zones) . Started in Northern Ok (Tulsa) and ended in Western Neb (Zone was 1/4 of the state)

Last edited by cowdawg; 02-14-2007 at 00:42..
Old 02-14-2007, 08:15   #5
Sambolijah

Last edited by Sambolijah; 05-10-2007 at 15:41..
Old 02-14-2007, 09:13   #6
cowdawg

Quote:
Originally posted by Sambolijah
What mission was that, cowdawg? Independence?
Started out in the Tulsa Ok Mission and thru the creation of the St. Louis Mission the Independence Mission boundries were shifter west, so yes myself as well as 8 or so of the 12 I went out with ended up in that mission. We had missionaires from the Colo Mission as well as Tulsa and who knows where else.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:10   #7
WolverineGlock

I'll post my conversion story soemtime, it is kinda long. But, the funny thing is this - I found the Missionaries, the Elders, only becasue I was falling down drunk at my fraternity house on night after a Michigan-Michigan State football game!!!!
Who would have thought that I would find Heavenly Father when I was drunk!!!