Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-15-2007, 00:10   #1
darwin25
Make your move

Is FED selling information about gunowners?

Earlier today I received a call from a certain "Willie" of "Big Len" daw or whatever. He said they are an accredited FA dealer. The guy knows every information about my guns down to the serial numbers and when they were supposed to expire and offering his services to assist in renewing my FA licenses. He doesn't want to admit how did he get my information but I hav cornered him into admitting he got it from FED. What the hell is FED doing bringing out information about gunowners to private individuals? Are they out of their minds?

Here is the number of the guy who called me: 687-2276
darwin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 00:20   #2
cznayr
Dis-member

Send a message via Yahoo to cznayr
That's a bit discomforting.. I'll try to snoop around and ask my contacts if indeed FED as an organization did that or just some unscrupulous employees... It has not happened to me yet... Dami mo kasing baril bro kaya naisip na pagkakitaan ka hehe Seriously, this is a concern for us gun owners...
Old 02-15-2007, 00:26   #3
darwin25
Make your move

That's not a bit for me bro. Knowing that someone out there whom I dont even know knows every detail about the guns that I and my family members own. I already informed deenoh about it and he said he will ask around too.
Old 02-15-2007, 00:37   #4
9MX
Rei!

bad trip yan ah

buti na lang hindi ganyan sa LTO, walang fixer na tatawag para sa registration renewal ng Simba ko
Old 02-15-2007, 00:41   #5
revo

You guys are screwed. Confiscation na ang susunod.
revo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:27   #6
gundog
senior gunner

Send a message via Yahoo to gundog
actually i got a letter if im not mistaken from someone by that name or similiar to that. they were offering their services in licensing, registration, ptt etc. its also the first for me to receive a letter from a gun dealer or something to thea effect. but i just did a dunk into the wastebasket for a big 2. never heard from them since
gundog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:41   #7
s.g

Happened to me also... but that was years ago, definitely more than 2 years ago pa. Got a letter from our mailbox, which I promptly ignored.
s.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:15   #8
jimbullet

Indeed a letter 2 years ago was sent to me as well and I also ignored the same. However, thinking about it now, that they have more than just our names and addresses is freightening.
BOG#125
PNZ#15130
PAASS Badge#3104
jimbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:33   #9
deenoh

I've brought your concerns up with FED earlier today. Hope to hear back from them soon.

Like us on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Follow us on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
deenoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:39   #10
darwin25
Make your move

Thanks deenoh
Old 02-15-2007, 03:34   #11
blueeagle

fed

there is nothing sinister naman siguro. this is just another example of the Pinoys' abilidad! the same thing is happening on thew internet. sabi nga nila, a pinoy can even make a dried fish swim!!!
blueeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:36   #12
jojo_G19

Send a message via Yahoo to jojo_G19
about 4 years ago.. i have seen a copy of all firearm owner in out region, it includes their respective FAs, addresses and serial numbers pati na rin ang expiration date ng licenses. i knew na galing un sa FED, where else can thay get such data. and guess kung kanino ko nakita......

... sa naglalakad ng mga renwelas ko, he says he has contacts sa FED

if that list fall into the wrong hands.. were doomed
jojo_G19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 05:07   #13
maskytrading

Send a message via Yahoo to maskytrading
Re: fed

Quote:
Originally posted by blueeagle
there is nothing sinister naman siguro. this is just another example of the Pinoys' abilidad! the same thing is happening on thew internet. sabi nga nila, a pinoy can even make a dried fish swim!!!
I agree with your observation...might be a case of the usual "fixcals" offering services to facilitate or "walk" the renewals...however, this is "business espionage" which IMO is illegal...info about the gun and owner should be private and for the consumption of FED only...Darwin, I think you should consider reporting this to a "friendly" FED connect.
maskytrading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 06:07   #14
zorkd

Send a message via ICQ to zorkd Send a message via AIM to zorkd Send a message via Yahoo to zorkd
registration reminder

i once received mail from the FED reminding me to renew the license on one of my firearms. i took care of it and never got any mail from them since.

this incident, sir darwin, is appalling. i support entrepreneurship but when the government sells or provides for free (right) this supposedly privileged (lawbook citation needed) information to private enterprise, then something is totally wrong.

confiscation, well, it could happen any time, MOLON LABE! but seriously, to deputize a private enterprise to do so would not be the way it will most likely happen, if it does happen it will be no knock warrants done by the government's storm troopers.
zorkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 06:11   #15
wunder9

I also received a letter offer from Big Lens Enterprises for license renewal services. It was signed by a Maj. Bernie Miaque (PAR). I thought the service fees were outrageous and ignored it.
wunder9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:19   #16
darwin25
Make your move

Re: fed

Quote:
Originally posted by blueeagle
Maybe. But I'd rather assume that there is. And I don't like the idea that someone I dont know or even care to know has sensitive information about me. Those kind of information can be used against me illegally. I wouldn't be comfortable knowing someone out there besides the gov't knows all of my guns and my tools and my capability to defend my home. Is that guy trying to hold me hostage with information he has about me? And wunder9 received a letter signed by a supposedly Maj. Bernie Miaque for a private company? What? Is that suppose to make us tremble and subscribe to their service or else?

Last edited by darwin25; 02-15-2007 at 08:22..
Old 02-15-2007, 08:26   #17
revo

Ehem..cough ....(GMA addresses the nation on all TV channels)...

'I declare, as President of the Republic of the Philippines, under the authority granted by the Constitution, that I'm signing executive order 1091 authorizing the Philippine military to confiscate all guns owned by private citizens - especially that notorious group called 'Band of Glockers' who are just, frankly, a pain in the ass and a bunch of dirty old men. Your guns now belong to the Republic of the Philippines. We must always remember that gun ownership is incompatible with a free Republic and is a privilege not a right.'

(GMA looks at the camera and raises her finger..)

'BOGS, I'm gonna getcha guns. The government knows who owns what and where you sleep...'

(GMA exits the stage to thundering applause of a grateful nation that is now safer because the BOGS have been disarmed)
revo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:39   #18
Kaiser Soze
Notorious

Quote:
Originally posted by revo
Ehem..cough ....(GMA addresses the nation on all TV channels)...

'I declare, as President of the Republic of the Philippines, under the authority granted by the Constitution, that I'm signing executive order 1091 authorizing the Philippine military to confiscate all guns owned by private citizens - especially that notorious group called 'Band of Glockers' who are just, frankly, a pain in the ass and a bunch of dirty old men. Your guns now belong to the Republic of the Philippines. We must always remember that gun ownership is incompatible with a free Republic and is a privilege not a right.'

(GMA looks at the camera and raises her finger..)

'BOGS, I'm gonna getcha guns. The government knows who owns what and where you sleep...'

(GMA exits the stage to thundering applause of a grateful nation that is now safer because the BOGS have been disarmed)
This is never going to happen, she's actually going to declare gun amnesty after the elections.

"Do unto others as they do unto you...but do it FIRST!"

S.O.E. Tambay #7
Kaiser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:39   #19
elcapitan
LION 16

Send a message via Yahoo to elcapitan
i also received a letter like gundog and was also called at home. i was dumbfounded where they got my contact info
Old 02-15-2007, 09:21   #20
9MX
Rei!

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser Soze
This is never going to happen, she's actually going to declare gun amnesty after the elections.
malay mo

seriously, GMA declared the amnesty since late last year which is odd considering everyone knew gunban na by Jan 13 07.