Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-17-2007, 13:51   #1
pjva04
Snub Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to pjva04
Dale City Gun Show Report

Anyone go to the Dale City Gun Show today? If so, how about a report. Was it the same old same old, were there any spectacular handgun buys? I am trying to decide if I want to drive up there Sunday morning. I am specifically looking for great deals on used snub nose revolvers and (of course) Glocks. Would also be interested if there are any good gun leather dealers up there. I was kind of disappointed the last time I went there with the selection...I did end up with a great new Glock 19 from Dark Sun for $475 ($505 out the door). Not too many people looking for FTF last time. Should I just wait until FXBG EXPO show?

Thanks,

Phil

Last edited by pjva04; 02-18-2007 at 11:24..
pjva04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 11:33   #2
pjva04
Snub Lover

Unless you are in the market for a new gun and go to Dark Sun or Trader Jerry, there isn't much worth going to these flea market ones anymore. I saw two "decent" deals on used guns (Ruger Security Six at Dark Sun for $239 and unfired Charter Undercover at Dark Sun for $224), but nothing great on accessories/holsters/mag carriers/belts/etc... I remember the Bealeton show used to be huge, with tons of tables and competition between sellers...oh well, looks like the end of an era. I will go to the Fredericksburg Show, since the last one was pretty good as far as competition, accessories, etc...

I couldn't even find a set of Hogue Grips for my J-Frame at the Dale City Show. I listened in on some conversations from vendors who were complaining they didn't get any business yesterday or today...but look at what they are selling. It is still almost worth it to spend the $10 in gas and $5 admission to get in if there is a specific gun I want, and I know above said dealers have it, but definitely not worth it for browsing purposes.

My $.02
Old 02-18-2007, 15:13   #3
watsoncb
CLM Number 40
Charter Lifetime Member

Send a message via MSN to watsoncb Send a message via Yahoo to watsoncb

Old K Frame Grips

At the last Chantilly show I was on the lookout for a set of old S&W 1905 3rd change grips (S&W K frame). I could not find any boxes of old grips any where at the show. Did anyone see any body selling old grips at Dale City?

Does anyone know of a vendor that shows up that Chantilly or Dale City that might have old grips?

Glock Talk Charter Lifetime Member #40
Glockers of the Old Dominion #648
Smith & Wesson Club #648
Black Rifle Club #648
Kalashnikov Klub #648
The 10 Ring #648
Sub Club #648
watsoncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 17:30   #4
pjva04
Snub Lover

Re: Old K Frame Grips

Quote:
Originally posted by watsoncb
At the last Chantilly show I was on the lookout for a set of old S&W 1905 3rd change grips (S&W K frame). I could not find any boxes of old grips any where at the show. Did anyone see any body selling old grips at Dale City?

Does anyone know of a vendor that shows up that Chantilly or Dale City that might have old grips?
Some old grips, but nothing was labeled and they were in a pile on a table (one did have theirs in a box)...selection was sparse. Maybe the trick is to go Saturday.
Old 02-18-2007, 19:42   #5
Fungunner

I went to the show on Saturday. The two main dealers were Dark Sun and Trader Jerry. There were some of the other smaller dealers and regulars. Apparently, a lot of no shows. It was so bad, even the guy who sells surplus outside in the pavillion had a row of tables inside.

I didn't find anything earthshaking as far as guns, but then, I am usually looking for something different.

I was hoping the guy that sells reloading equipment and supplies would be there, as he had the shown on his schedule on his web site.

I suppose the weather had a lot to do with attendance by both vendors and buyers.

George Bernard Shaw
Fungunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 19:54   #6
KONY

Re: Old K Frame Grips

Quote:
Originally posted by watsoncb

There's a guy named Dusty that sells at the shows most times. He usually has a nice assortment of grips (new and used).
KONY is offline   Reply With Quote