SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-17-2007, 14:20   #1
CarolinaKat

KY Glockers; GLIPSC?

Hey all you Louisville area Glockers:
I plan on spending next week in Louisville. My parents live there (I was born and raised in Louisville, left Louisville in 1981)and my Dad is having surgery Monday morning at Jewish Hosp. I plan on helping my Mom out with him all week. If things are going well by Thursday, I'd like to shoot the GLIPSC match with you guys. Is the match still on for Thursday (2/22)? Be there at 6:30 PM? Any more details would be helpful. If I want to shoot a second time can I use a different gun? Haven't shot my Beretta in a while. I'm leaving tomorrow, Sunday and my parents don't have a computer so I'll be out of touch. Thanks, CarolinaKat
Old 02-17-2007, 14:35   #2
TreehugginGlock

I'd love to have another gal down there. You are more than welcome to shoot with us. First time shooters shoot for free with us GLIPSC folks, so come on down. We start shooting at 6 pm on Thursday but the boys start showing up around 5:30 or so to set up. I usually get to the range around 6:30 due to work, but we shoot til 7:45 anyway.

Hope your dad's surgery goes well and we get to see you at the range.
TreehugginGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 18:19   #3
CarolinaKat

hey THG
Thanks for the info. I'm not sure what impression on made with my post; but I'm not a gal, sorry. I have nothing against gals; in fact I really like them. But I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night. How many rounds are typically shot? How many mags do I need to bring? If I can come I'm be there at 5:30 to help setup. I will also try to bring my brother who lives in Crestwood.
CarolinaKat
Old 02-17-2007, 18:25   #4
Houngan

I made the same mistake with Rikki. Probably because you used "Kat" in your name.

Anyway, two or three mags will usually cover any stages they can cram into the indoor range.

H.
Houngan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 18:49   #5
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Send a message via AIM to domzilla9 Send a message via Yahoo to domzilla9
See links in my sig line for info on Glipsc and info on the range. Etc. Just bring 50rds of ammo and a holster and three or four mags with holders, ear & protection and you're covered. Hope to see you there.
Old 02-17-2007, 20:16   #6
CarolinaKat

Quote:
Originally posted by Houngan
I made the same mistake with Rikki. Probably because you used "Kat" in your name.

Anyway, two or three mags will usually cover any stages they can cram into the indoor range.

H.
I understand. I graduated from UK, I'm a big Wildcat fan, stuck down here in ACC country. I really hope to get to shoot with you guys. Whenever I'm on GT, I read the BG Glockers forum. Seems like you got a great bunch of guys and gals. This GLIPSC might be an idea I can bring back down here to my NC range.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:48   #7
TreehugginGlock

Quote:
Originally posted by CarolinaKat
hey THG
Thanks for the info. I'm not sure what impression on made with my post; but I'm not a gal, sorry. I have nothing against gals; in fact I really like them. But I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night. How many rounds are typically shot? How many mags do I need to bring? If I can come I'm be there at 5:30 to help setup. I will also try to bring my brother who lives in Crestwood.
CarolinaKat
So so sorry for the mistake, my friend. I saw the Carolina part and was just think of the gal's name Caroline. (Plus it's unusual to see a son willing to be a caregiver for an ailing parent. You sound like a very unique and loving son.) My bad.... I, of course, LOVE having new men show up too. Being the gal that I am I always enjoy meeting new men who share my enthusiasm for this sport. Having lots of very interesting and diverse men around makes this sport even more appealing to me. I hope I get the chance to meet you while you're here in town and that you're not too hard on me for my little faux pas.
Old 02-18-2007, 13:07   #8
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

good grief
Old 02-18-2007, 14:05   #9
Berretta9

Way to go Leigh Ann, insulting a vistor and calling him a girl, but then again he did say he was a U.K. fan...well maybe I can understand now.
Berretta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 14:15   #10
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

What Leigh Ann is trying to say is that our weekly shoots are regular sausage fests and the P to V ratio is 20:1. But none of us are really very interesting or love our mothers or wives as much as we love guns and shooting.
Old 02-18-2007, 14:37   #11
TreehugginGlock

Quote:
Originally posted by domzilla9
What Leigh Ann is trying to say is that our weekly shoots are regular sausage fests and the P to V ratio is 20:1. But none of us are really very interesting or love our mothers or wives as much as we love guns and shooting.
If the shoe fits, cave troll.

Carolina...you see what I mean? Insensitivity running amok in the bluegrass state.

Apparently the cave troll doesn't consider himself one of the interesting and diverse fellows who ARE a part of our group nor does he consider himself one of the unusual caring souls such as yourself who are willing to travel across the country to assist in the care of an ailing parent. Pity. A heart that big could have potential.

As for me being interested in them for more than their love of guns and shooting, I would think that their wives and girlfriends would have a bit of a problem with that, but perhaps the zilla would like to be appreciated on some other level. Sorry, darlin, I don't date among my brothers in arms. Knowing my love life track record, I don't want to have to give this up if the relationship sours. I love you all, but more like big brothers or harmless friends to flirt with.
Old 02-18-2007, 14:52   #12
45gunner

Quote:
Originally posted by TreehugginGlock
So so sorry for the mistake, my friend. I saw the Carolina part and was just think of the gal's name Caroline. (Plus it's unusual to see a son willing to be a caregiver for an ailing parent. You sound like a very unique and loving son.) My bad.... I, of course, LOVE having new men show up too. Being the gal that I am I always enjoy meeting new men who share my enthusiasm for this sport. Having lots of very interesting and diverse men around makes this sport even more appealing to me. I hope I get the chance to meet you while you're here in town and that you're not too hard on me for my little faux pas.
Yech!

Is this a Shooting forum or a dating forum! Im with the troll.
Old 02-18-2007, 15:03   #13
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Clearly, we need to find TreeHuggy a man that can shoot AND watch chick flicks.
Old 02-18-2007, 18:52   #14
TreehugginGlock

Quote:
Clearly, we need to find TreeHuggy a man that can shoot AND watch chick flicks.
A MAN would be nice because apparently I have around me quite a few BOYS.

Dom apparently doesn't know the difference between someone saying nice things while apologizing in a tongue and check manner for a mistake and someone trying to pick up on a perfect stranger for some lewd scenario he must have in his head.

And as for 45gunner, John, I'm disappointed in you.

Last edited by TreehugginGlock; 02-18-2007 at 20:57..
Old 02-18-2007, 19:25   #15
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Lewd?

deleted.

Last edited by domzilla9; 02-18-2007 at 19:33..
domzilla9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 20:44   #16
45gunner

You were a little to hard on TreeHuggin Dom.

I did not think anything negative about you Tree Huggin.

Just like messin with you.

A picture of Dom. The cave Troll. He looks all manly(as far as I can tell)to me.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/im...vetroll_24.jpg

Last edited by 45gunner; 02-18-2007 at 20:58..
45gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 21:20   #17
TreehugginGlock

Quote:
Originally posted by 45gunner
You were a little to hard on TreeHuggin Dom.

I did not think anything negative about you Tree Huggin.

Just like messin with you.

A picture of Dom. The cave Troll. He looks all manly(as far as I can tell)to me.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/im...vetroll_24.jpg
I know you don't, darlin. I enjoy our friendly repartees. I don't, however, enjoy having one of my buddies insinuating to someone who doesn't understand how much we do care for one another that I am a she-wolf ready to pounce of anything with a Y chromosome that might be single. Yes, if the man of my dreams walks through our doors, you better believe that he will not go unnoticed, but as for me seeing our shooting matches reminding me of a "sausage fest", I only see that comment reminding me of something else encased in intestines...a load of c***.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:33   #18
Berretta9

I believe the current term is not she - wolf, It's cougar. Not that I am in any way saying you are one, Really I don't think you are, I'm just saying thats what the term is.
Berretta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 21:13   #19
45gunner

Quote:
Dom your becomming another Rikki
Old 02-20-2007, 22:20   #20
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

John, I said that four days ago. You can let it go now.