SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:20   #1
Sportshooters

Sportshooters becoming Private Range???

Hi Guys,

I just assumed that Brad had probably talked with you guys concerning this, but after talking with one of the members that did not know anything I thought I would let you know what we have been thinking of. Brad has approached me with the idea of making the indoor gun range a private range only with no sales just a range with each member paying yearly dues and then getting a key to the range and being able to shoot anytime they wanted 7 days a week 24 hours a day. I didn't know if that interested any of you but he was wanting a list of the members so that he could contact them and see what you guys thought. I just thought I would throw it out here and see if much interest. Your dues would need to cover rent, utilities, insurance and monthly upkeep of the range. Just let me have a little feedback if you would.

Julie

By the way Alivia's team won the regionals in FT. Benning and will be going to Nationals in April. I think she is shooting World cup after the junior olympics. She shot a 10.9 standing this weekend for a 97 standing. She also shot a 8.3 the same 10 shots to end up with that 97. She had to laugh at the 8.3!!!
Sportshooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 19:36   #2
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Send a message via AIM to domzilla9 Send a message via Yahoo to domzilla9
Hi J, good to hear from you. I've been seeing your name on some ReMax signs so I am glad that things are going well for you.

I'd love to talk to Brad but I have no way of reaching him. I will PM you my contact information or he can reach me through glocktalk.com
Old 02-22-2007, 23:17   #3
SmithShooter

I think this is a wonderful idea and am happy to support it any way that I can.
SmithShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:36   #4
borntoglock

What about liability issues for members with keys? It would seem that if a bad event went down without witnesses anyone with a key could be suspect.
borntoglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:52   #5
glockguy609
A self portrait

Send a message via Yahoo to glockguy609
Quote:
Originally posted by borntoglock
What about liability issues for members with keys? It would seem that if a bad event went down without witnesses anyone with a key could be suspect.
CCTV? I might be able to help there, also some alarm systems support multiple codes so each user is identified by their log in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
glockguy609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:44   #6
Berretta9

I P/M ed her to find out what it would take and have not heard back.
Berretta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 17:32   #7
45gunner

And the people that purchased memberships. Would our yearly membership be valid until the existing lease ran out leaving them us holding the bag because the club closed?

Last edited by 45gunner; 02-23-2007 at 17:36..
45gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 19:03   #8
TeamSpringfield

I would think cost would be a factor, dependablity, and availability to members....

You can Join Silver Creek Conservation Club for $50.00 a year and get unlimited acces with a Combination code to get in the gate(Pistol, Rinfire, Shotgun). You can join other clubs with larger facilities for $75.00 to $100.00 a year that includes rifle ranges.

My other concern would be availability since the old sportshooters range is limited and inferior compared to others in the area. Who would control how many people came in with a member and how long someone would use the range?

I know people are still stinging from purhased memberships that they cannot use right now this includes the Old Ray's indoor range as well as sportshooters. What is the gaurantee that if members joined, that the range will be available in the future? T

Till these issues can be addressed I will watch with caution.

TS
TeamSpringfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 19:32   #9
45gunner

I did buy a yearly membership a Ray's old gun range and it closed 2 months after that. When Julie reopened the new range the unused amount was credited towards a membership at SportShooter.

I don't know how many people had memberships when Sportshooters close or if when it closed it situation was reconcilled with the membership holder.

For now I will be a member at Bluegrass Indoor Range.

Last edited by 45gunner; 02-23-2007 at 19:37..
45gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:24   #10
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

As far as indoor shooting goes: In my opinion, Bluegrass Indoor is treating us (GLIPSC) really well. Rather than spending a lot of time, energy and money developing another another indoor venue I'd rather support the one indoor venue that is supporting us right now.

I think I'm going to join Silver Creek.
Old 02-27-2007, 22:57   #11
sink156

Julie I sent you a PM awhile back and have yet to receive a reply. If you could answer my questions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
sink156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 23:15   #12
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Quote:
Originally posted by sink156
Julie I sent you a PM awhile back and have yet to receive a reply. If you could answer my questions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
ditto
Old 02-28-2007, 10:12   #13
SmithShooter

Im pretty sure they have this specific forum set as a shortcut on their desktop. For this reason, they rarely, if ever, see that they have private messages.
SmithShooter is offline   Reply With Quote