GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-20-2007, 14:12   #1
rocco123

Colt Sistema 1911 for charity - Minnesotans please read!

I've posted this on ar15.com as well in the hometown section, please give this a read:

Ok. So I headed up to pick up a couple of these Sistemas at lunch today. Ever since Jakezor had told me about these, I've been salivating at the thought of fixing one up. Hell, they are $250 so I figure I pick up two. They are both in pretty rough shape, but mechanically sound from what I can tell. I am NOT a 1911 expert by any means though.

So I definitely want to fix one up. By fixing up I mean completely strip, replace appropriate parts, reblue and such. Basically make it as original as possible, maybe a new Colt barrel. What to do with the other one?

This is where all of your input comes into play. Previously at one of the Princeton shoots, there were donations made to a charitable cause ( I was not present, but I thought it was a damn good idea). So I thought, heck, lets give this Sistema up for grabs in a raffle-type drawing! Who wants a crappy old Sistema? This is where I would need some help. I would like to know if anyone is interested in donating time or parts towards this gun, and making it into a good shooter as well as asthetically pleasing. Once done, I would donate this gun to a raffle of some sort, where I would sell tickets for X amount of money a piece. All donations would go to a charitable cause. I'm thinking of doing this drawing at one of the bigger Princeton shoots.

I would like to know how many of you would be interested in helping me out with this project. I would also like to know if this would be feasable in raising enough money and getting enough people involved.

I think this would be a fun project, and would give us all an oppritunity to get together for a good cause!

Let me know what you all think.
rocco123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:43   #2
jem375
NRA Life Member

I'm afraid you hit the nail on the head about wanting a crappy Sistema...sorry..
Old 02-21-2007, 14:56   #3
rocco123

You're telling me that you wouldn't buy a $10 raffle ticket for a refinished, Colt-quality gun? Keep in mind that these pistols were made under Colt supervision, with Colt trained machinists and Colt equipment. Gotta love that "Minnesota Nice".
Old 02-21-2007, 22:22   #4
jem375
NRA Life Member

No, I wouldn't, but I am sure you will have no problem finding others who will....good luck
Old 02-24-2007, 15:39   #5
PeterJasonMN

Quote:
Originally posted by rocco123
You're telling me that you wouldn't buy a $10 raffle ticket for a refinished, Colt-quality gun? Keep in mind that these pistols were made under Colt supervision, with Colt trained machinists and Colt equipment. Gotta love that "Minnesota Nice".
"Minnesota Nice" is for dip**** moonbat hippies.
PeterJasonMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:05   #6
Otto Skorzeny

WTF is a Sistema?
Otto Skorzeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:54   #7
jem375
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Otto Skorzeny
WTF is a Sistema?
POS pistols that were made under Colt supervision, with Colt trained machinists and colt equipment.
Old 02-27-2007, 13:47   #8
rocco123

That's like saying Colt from the 40s - 60s is crap. Which is not true.
Old 02-27-2007, 13:52   #9
pesticidal
CLM Number 181
Eh?

Send a message via Yahoo to pesticidal

Quote:
Originally posted by PeterJasonMN
"Minnesota Nice" is for dip**** moonbat hippies.

Old 02-27-2007, 19:19   #10
jem375
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rocco123
That's like saying Colt from the 40s - 60s is crap. Which is not true.
Actually these were made in Argentina and were a copy of the Colt 1911...........
Old 03-01-2007, 12:11   #11
rocco123

ACTUALLY the first 40,000 or so were made by Colt themselves. The rest were made using exact specifications of Colt, and under license of Colt.

Jem375, if you don't like them, that's fine. But please don't crap on my thread.
Old 03-01-2007, 14:55   #12
jem375
NRA Life Member

You asked me a question and I answered it...I also stated that no doubt you will find people that would go for it....