Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-23-2007, 20:03   #1
KYgundoc

How many GLIPSC shooters are shooting GSSF Indoor

Who is going to Open Range to shoot the GSSF indoor match on March 3rd? I know "Born to Glock" is going and he is going to shoot a 500. Anyone Riki how about you? I want to see this new range myself. I also want to see how they do on the first match and how they handle the problems that always come up. I have to assume that GSSF will be with them for the first match so they will handle the problems.
Dean

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
KYgundoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 20:08   #2
TeamSpringfield

Count me in.... Does the Springfield XD count??? Just kidding. Need to dust off the Glock 17.
TeamSpringfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 20:09   #3
45gunner

Im there.
Old 02-23-2007, 20:15   #4
KYgundoc

Quote:
Does the Springfield XD count???
They count but not at this match. I will bet that if you take it and tell them it is a G-17 that they will not notice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
KYgundoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 21:02   #5
45gunner

I bet you shoot as well with the G17 as you do with the Springfield. I believe you did very well the last time you shot a Glock.

But then again you you would have to change your name to TeamGlock if you started liking them.
Old 02-23-2007, 21:02   #6
nighthunter30
Glocks & money

I will be there
Old 02-23-2007, 21:07   #7
Berretta9

I'm going.
Berretta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 21:18   #8
Ridgeway

Send a message via AIM to Ridgeway
I'll be there.

Though I've yet to ever make it to a match @ Bluegrass.

(I do seem to be @ open range on a weekly basis though, so much more convenient...)
Ridgeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 22:34   #9
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Send a message via AIM to domzilla9 Send a message via Yahoo to domzilla9
I'm going to try to make it. Attending a good friend's wedding that day, may be wrapped up helping with that.
Old 02-23-2007, 23:29   #10
TreehugginGlock

I plan on going. Will be cheering for Born to Glock since he's kind of related, too, though I don't usually claim him. He claims he's pretty good now. Course I haven't actually seen the targets myself.
TreehugginGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 07:17   #11
Rikki
Pathetic Loser

Dean- I got a nice block of shooters I could bring down, but some of them want to know what the match set up is gonna be before they commit to coming down.
If the hosting range wants to post all the particulars about the match they might get a good turnout; but, there's not a single shooter from my group that's interested in another "fly by the seat of your pants" match.
For me, 9 miles North of the river(SilverCreek)makes alot more sense.
You and Caske have cost me ALOT of $$$ by introducing me to USPSA- but for me it's the best shooting value out there.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:03   #12
45gunner

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikki
Dean- I got a nice block of shooters I could bring down, but some of them want to know what the match set up is gonna be before they commit to coming down.
If the hosting range wants to post all the particulars about the match they might get a good turnout; but, there's not a single shooter from my group that's interested in another "fly by the seat of your pants" match.
For me, 9 miles North of the river(SilverCreek)makes alot more sense.
You and Caske have cost me ALOT of $$$ by introducing me to USPSA- but for me it's the best shooting value out there.
Rikki,
All of the GSSF match are standard Glock Matches designed for indoor ranges. This is no such thing as an offical Glock match that is "fly by the seat of your pants"

I realize you can't make it today but Silver Creek has a Steel match once a month on Saturday. For those of you who have not shot steel it's just like shooting an IPSC match but the last target you hit is a steel stop place.

There are also different classifications as in IPSC
Old 02-24-2007, 09:04   #13
cpolk

I'll be there.
Old 02-24-2007, 21:58   #14
Rikki
Pathetic Loser

45 gunner says:
"All of the GSSF match are standard Glock Matches designed for indoor ranges. This is no such thing as an offical Glock match that is "fly by the seat of your pants"

Sorry, but I personally find that statement 100% inaccurate.
Reshoots weren't given at many ranges with factory ammo.
Some ranges have 6 at a time shoot, others 1...
Some ranges let you shoot the same gun as many times as you want for the elusive 500.
Some ranges "warned" the shooter if he went over on time.
Some ranges make you shoot 2/3 matches for drawing eligibility.
Some ranges charge different anmmounts for entry fees.
Some lumped optics and UL guns with stock.
Of the 4 different ranges I've shot IndoorGSSF on, no TWO ran the program the same.
I'd like to know specifically what this new venue is going to offer and require.
I'd also like to know which ranges you shot at that administered the program the "same".
I've shot alot of Indoor GSSF, and it's fun, but I, and other shooters want to know what we're being offered. I've shot too much and am way to old to buy a pig in a poke with a half assed promise.
Old 02-24-2007, 23:50   #15
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Quote:
Rikki says:
Some ranges let you shoot the same gun as many times as you want for the elusive 500.
Of the 4 different ranges I've shot IndoorGSSF on, no TWO ran the program the same.
I am not suprised that of the four ranges you've shot IndoorGSSF in that no two matches were run the same since they probably weren't run by the same people. GSSFIndoor league shoots are not closely regulated by GSSF and most everyone who has shot indoor GSSF at four or different ranges has realized this and come to terms with it or they've moved on to something else. Please consider this: Many indoor ranges that start up a GSSF league have no prior experience running matches of any kind. Also, no two indoor ranges are set up the same way or have the same resources in terms of equipment or personnel. And since GSSF Indoor attracts mostly neophyte competitors who have no idea of how the match is supposed to be run or how to participate in it, which only makes matters more confusing.

I think that the reason that the matches at Sportshooters went so well was largely due to Ray Yeager's experience running indoor competitions. And I am sure that he did things that other ranges that were veterans of GSSF Indoor would have taken exception to. Bluegrass Indoor's first GSSF Indoor League Match (I'm talking about the first match in the three match series) was RO'd, scored and organized by well-intentioned experienced USPSA competitors that had never shot a GSSF match of any kind, much less a GSSF Indoor League Match. Why? Because they were the only people who would do the job.

GSSF'Indoor League's lack of consistency is the direct result of its lack of management. If this bothers you then you're bound to be dissapointed by any GSSF Indoor Leage match that you're not running yourself. It's simply about economy of scale. No indoor match is going to draw enough people to warrant being organized and run by a Glock Employee. The match organization has to be left in the hands of the local range and even if you published a 5" thick rule book no two match organizers or RO's would read the rules the same way.

Quote:
I'd like to know specifically what this new venue is going to offer and require.
Then call them and ask them, specifically, what they will offer and require.

Openrange Indoor Gun Range
6401 Cross Keys Blvd
Crestwood, KY 40014
(502) 243-8282

As far as I know, no one from GLIPSC is helping Openrange run their GSSF match and I haven't heard a name that I recognize associated with the organization of the match.

I am planning on showing up with a G17 and a G21 and shooting my best and going with the flow. I am not going to freak out and have an apoplectic fit if they allow someone to run a "UL" gun with an reddot optic for one score and then remove the optic and shoot the same damn gun again another score in the same match while claiming that removal of reddot has somehow magically transformed the model of the gun.

I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but when you've shot enough USPSA you'll butt up against inconsistent interpretation and enforcement of the rules there as well. But then you'll have something else to complain about, so maybe that's a good thing.

Last edited by domzilla9; 02-24-2007 at 23:53..
domzilla9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 18:38   #16
45gunner

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikki
45 gunner says:
"All of the GSSF match are standard Glock Matches designed for indoor ranges. This is no such thing as an offical Glock match that is "fly by the seat of your pants"

Sorry, but I personally find that statement 100% inaccurate.
I'd also like to know which ranges you shot at that administered the program the "same".
I've shot alot of Indoor GSSF, and it's fun, but I, and other shooters want to know what we're being offered. I've shot too much and am way to old to buy a pig in a poke with a half assed promise.
I was referring to what matches are shot. Etc 5 to glock. You were not specific as to what you were asking.

Last edited by 45gunner; 02-25-2007 at 18:45..
45gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 19:09   #17
45gunner

Riki,
Please let us know what the rules are if you find out.

Last edited by 45gunner; 02-25-2007 at 19:15..
45gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 20:16   #18
Rikki
Pathetic Loser

Hey, go and have a good time.
I don't think it's gonna be my cup of tea this time-even though they cleaned up the UL/optic issue.
I appreciate Dean's interest in getting me and the guys down there.
See you at SilverCreek, for sure.
Old 02-27-2007, 15:25   #19
openrange

The heat... the heat....

Before I forget the last match is changed from May 5th to May 12th (we forgot about Derby).

Great questions and comments.... lets see if i can answer a few.

>>> only if the ammo sucks. if the gun is bad, no reshoot, so check your gun ahead of time. Speaking of which why not test it out where the match will be... better yet, try the course of fire on our automated system. if its one bad cartridge of ammo only one reshoot at one distance per gun cause we don't want to stop the line cause you have a bad box of ammo.

>>> we have an automated couse of fire so one or 12 can shoot depending on how many lanes we have available. we also have the public using our range so we may only use our 5 bay specific for the match. Depends how many of you show and during what time. We will do our best to make sure you have fun.

>>>one gun, one shoot. A gun has one serial number, so the same gun w/o optics is still the same gun.

>>> our system automatically turns away the target on time. Not possible to go over time. that being said, a rip - or a shot that was taken while the target turns will NOT be counted.

>>> that is our rule.

>>>> $15 per gun. as many guns as you want as long as they don't look like an XD ( - :

>>> all guns lumped.

>>>> no comment

>>> give a call, come on in! you can run the program at any time to try it out.

PSSSS
We're all here to have fun. We will have a rep from Glock as well as some friends that are familiar with the matches to help.

We will attempt to run smoothly with our automated system. That being said everything that can fail might! So be patient, be kind as we break our gssf virginity!!!!

Barry

6401 Cross Keys
Crestwood, KY 40014
502-243-8282
openrangesports.com
openrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 23:14   #20
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Barry, thanks for answering everyone's questions. What time will you get started on Saturday?