Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-24-2007, 15:30   #1
blackbeast

Indy Guys, i'm moving.. suggestions?

recently got a job off of 96th and 69. Ideally looking for a 1bedroom house with a garage (bit of a gearhead). Cheap as possible in a decent neighborhood. Would like something relatively close to nightlife if i want to go watch a game or the like.

Where are the nicer parts of indy? Was looking at broadripple, but seems to be more than i want to pay. don't mind a bit of a drive for the right place, but not too far. The daily drive from bloomington really sucks.

Any suggestions? where to live/not to live.?
blackbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 17:51   #2
aux reduit

There is a ton of stuff in Fishers. Go to www.fctucker.com and use their map search feature. Or you can search via www.mibor.net.

Good Luck
Old 02-24-2007, 18:21   #3
blackbeast

maybe i also should have added, looking to rent. Thanks
Old 02-24-2007, 20:12   #4
Patrick Graham
Footlong Jr.

I've got a house for rent 45 miles north.. straight shot on 31.. 55 minutes.. 500/mo plus utils..
Old 02-24-2007, 21:18   #5
IPDBrad

Lots of reasonably priced homes in the Fishers area.

Don't rule out Broad Ripple. Small homes, close to everything (I was surprised at how easy it was to get anywhere after I moved there).

Big plus for Ripple is appreciation. Live there for a few years and you should make a pretty penny on the home. More so than living in Fishers.
Old 02-24-2007, 21:58   #6
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally posted by IPDBrad
Lots of reasonably priced homes in the Fishers area.

Don't rule out Broad Ripple. Small homes, close to everything (I was surprised at how easy it was to get anywhere after I moved there).

Big plus for Ripple is appreciation. Live there for a few years and you should make a pretty penny on the home. More so than living in Fishers.
I'd have to agree with the above. Broad Ripple is nice..

IGF
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 22:19   #7
epsylum
Boolit Hoze

I am not trying to rain on your parade, just giving you a warning. Rush hour on I-69 is crazy (anywhere from 465 through Noblesville). Plan some extra traffic-jam time if traveling to and from work around then.

Also where not to live. Near east side. Basically if it is directly east and inside 465, stay away. Houses are cheap there, but there is a reason.

Nice areas. Northeast, North, Northwest are nice, but all are pretty high dollar. The west side is booming (Brownsburg, Avon, Plainfield) and is where I would choose to live if I had an option right now. I am not a fan of the south side (Greenwood), but some seem to like it.

Broad Ripple has insane housing prices due to the bars being walking distance. 20 somethings always want to live there for easy access to booze and parties. I would visit Broad Ripple, but not live there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by epsylum; 02-24-2007 at 22:24..
epsylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 23:10   #8
blackbeast

Quote:
Originally posted by blackbeast
maybe i also should have added, looking to rent. Thanks
Thanks for the offer, not really all that closer than where i'm at now.
Old 02-24-2007, 23:13   #9
blackbeast

thanks for all the suggestions. I had looked at some houses on the near east side, and it did seem pretty sketchy.

I am really looking to rent a room somewhere, really have a lot of things i would rather spend money on than rent. I am driving up tomorrow, and going to look again around broadripple and tarkington, and possibly up north.

just have to find something affordable. I really hate paying rent, but since i can't plan my future past 6 months, and have some bills to pay (just graduated from IU) I do not want a mortage right now.

Thanks for the help, and keep em' coming...
Old 02-25-2007, 21:54   #10
boilergonzo

The east side to the south is lagging behind the boom of the north and west, but it is starting. New Palestine, etc., are nice areas. The major downside to east side living is the new I-70 construction for the next half year. Ugh.

I live in Greenfield. My friends in Carmel and Fishers call it Greentucky, but the amazing thing is this... if we decide to meet downtown (Colts, Pacers, hang out, etc.) my drive is 25 minutes. Every day. Theirs ranges from 25-60 minutes. And they think I have a long drive home! Don't let the cornfields fool you! It's not so bad out here, and the housing costs are much more reasonable.

If I were young and looking for fun, I would hit the Broad Ripple area, or some of the near downtown apartments. Greenfield is too boring for you (married family man, and happy here, but not delusional!). However, the McCordsville area (very near Geist, without paying Geist prices) is an idea.

I just couldn't stand the idea of battling I-69 knowing that the feds have no lane expansions even slated to address the traffic woes until 2013! YIKES! It is horrible now, and with the growth it will only get crazier!
boilergonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 22:01   #11
toots shor
Amagi

fishers might be a good place, considering your location. however, you can get there in no time at all on 465. broadripple would be a good place if you are buying, but if you are close to the bars, be prepared for police sirens and drunk 21 yr olds ever weekend.

"Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order."
Ed Howdershelt
toots shor is offline   Reply With Quote