GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-25-2007, 20:19   #1
gaboonviper85

Send a message via AIM to gaboonviper85 Send a message via Yahoo to gaboonviper85
new to the forum..any philly area glockers here?

hi people...

im new here. not new to glocks but did just buy my first OWN glock considering i recently turned 21. got myself a glock M22 .40 s&w.

i was wondering if anybody here lives near hatfield PA or philly and know of good places to shoot...i go to a gun shop called target world that has an indoor range but would like to check out other places too...would also like to meet new people who are into guns as much as i.

found this gun at my local corner gunshop for $459 used...got him down to $409..this is the most up to date glock with the new extractor...it looked as if it only had a few rounds threw it cause even the top of the barrel still has blueing and its not scratched up bad. tell me what ya think

Pennsylvania Glockers Club

gaboonviper85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 20:35   #2
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Welcome!

I'd say ya done good!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Patron Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 20:37   #3
gaboonviper85

Send a message via AIM to gaboonviper85 Send a message via Yahoo to gaboonviper85
im happy with it...i wish they would have had a 21 but i have alot of experience with the 21 and im glad i went with this gun cause i can fallow up shots alot faster...and ammo is a tad cheaper...but it still has badass energy on impact which is all im lookin for.
Old 02-25-2007, 20:43   #4
Glockerstein
Pinoy Warrior

Welcome! Great gun to start with. I'm not in Philly, but love the cheese steak sandwiches. I hope you get a chance to start your own Glock gun club!
Old 02-25-2007, 20:46   #5
gaboonviper85

lol this isnt a starter gun...ive had guns for a long time...i could just never have them in my name cause i wasnt 21...i did some mods to my stepdads 21 and its so nice to shoot now...can shoot easy with one hand.

the little sub is my moms
Old 02-25-2007, 20:55   #6
grecco

Welcome,
i am from s.philly.
there are a few places to shoot.

in the city

The Fireing line,
the place is kind of beat up,but the guys there know thier stuff,
they will usually charge a range fee, plus you have to shoot thier ammo.But there are ways around that.

South phlia acrchery and gun
really nice place,nice selection ,clean range.
the staff is not the most knowledgeable.

Classic pistol
very nice range, you can shoot rifles also.
very knowledgeable staff.

French Creek state game land
its free,
25,50 and 10o yrd range, unfortunately i have seen alot of idiots there.

Delaware valley field and gun,
this place has everything,rifle\pistol\blackpower\rimfire\air rifle\trap.
you need to be with a member or have 2 memebers sponsor you for a membership.
my only complaint is some people thier are more worried about what you are doing than actually shooting.

hope this helps,
feel free to contact me.
-G

Last edited by grecco; 02-25-2007 at 21:10..
grecco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 21:01   #7
gaboonviper85

yeah i dont want to be a member of a range cause of the bull that fallows with it!

thanks for the suggestions...ill look them up! i dont like the idea of haveing to use there ammo...the whole idea of shooting a gun at a range is to improve your skills with the particular ammo of your choice...not some generic crap that they can make a buck off of.
Old 02-25-2007, 21:10   #8
RANGEADDICT
People's Champ

I'm from Philly too. I shoot at Security Programs inc. in Northeast Philly. The place is nothing special, but they've got good guys who've been really helpful to me as I'm very new to guns. Even going as far as giving me an in depth clinic on how to clean my 23, and tips on grip. There's also Colosimo's in Center city. This is where most of the cops go. Both places require you to buy your ammo there.

BTW is that a beaver tail you put on your dad's gun? That's different, I've never seen that before.

Well, welcome to the forum.
Old 02-25-2007, 21:14   #9
gaboonviper85

it looks like a beaver tail but its not...its just a plastic thumb rest...extreamly helps with recoil...it puts your thumb up higher makes fallow ups alot quicker!

what part of town are you in.... i go to northeast philly alot...i work in willow grove...my girlfriend lives on cottman aveneue...if you would like someone to shoot with shoot me an email... gaboonviper85@yahoo.com
Old 02-25-2007, 21:17   #10
Glock!9

Send a message via AIM to Glock!9
I am in Lansdale....
I got to French Creek State Park to shoot...
Old 02-25-2007, 21:19   #11
gaboonviper85

damn well your close! im in hatfield on west broad street before it turns into fortyfoot road...

if you want someone to shoot with just email me!

I dont really know anybody here in the area...and its kinda boreing to just go by yourself all the time.
Old 02-25-2007, 21:29   #12
Glock!9

Send a message via AIM to Glock!9
Quote:
Originally posted by gaboonviper85
damn well your close! im in hatfield on west broad street before it turns into fortyfoot road...

if you want someone to shoot with just email me!

I dont really know anybody here in the area...and its kinda boreing to just go by yourself all the time.
Where are you from originally?
Old 02-26-2007, 03:48   #13
G19c,PH

Welcome to GT
Old 02-26-2007, 13:59   #14
IamWD

Send a message via ICQ to IamWD Send a message via AIM to IamWD
I'm from NE Philadelphia. I haven't gone out in a while, but I go to Classic Pistol (www.classicpistol.com) and Wicen (outdoor range http://www.wicenshootingrange.com/). I recommend either one, even though Wicen is a bit of a hike. You can bring your own ammunition to either and neither require a membership.
Old 02-26-2007, 17:30   #15
gaboonviper85

two years ago i moved here from florida...wasnt 21 so i didnt go out much and work alot.
Old 02-26-2007, 18:56   #16
FortyCaliber
10millimember

Welcome!

BTW, I like the paper towel background.

Bounty and Glock: One is the quicker-picker-upper, the other has a striker & tenifer upper.

I need some sleep.
Pennsylvania Glockers #45
NRA Life / LEAA Life / GSSF

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
FortyCaliber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 18:58   #17
FortyCaliber
10millimember

Quote:
Originally posted by RANGEADDICT
There's also Colosimo's in Center city. This is where most of the cops go.

IMHO you should not go there unless you have a deathwish, but that's just me.
Pennsylvania Glockers #45
NRA Life / LEAA Life / GSSF

FortyCaliber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 19:00   #18
gaboonviper85

the paper towel was there cause i was cleaning the barrel and didnt want solvent on the counter...and it would be better then a pick of a kitchen counter and stove lol

i like your rhyme
Old 02-26-2007, 19:24   #19
cocked@locked

imo colismos is a thief, did you ever check some of his prices out, there outrageous! im from south philly and there are a couple of good ranges a couple blocks from my house, firing line is right around the corner from me and there good people, i really like there range because it feels just like a back alley. philly archery and gun is good too and they have a good selection of weapons to rent if you ever want to try something out.
....and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. for this is the word of the lord. luke-23:36 waltherforum #1939 the kalashnikov club #7987 pennsylvania glock #55 "bullets change goverments far surer than votes" "there are 550million weapons in world wide circulation, thats one gun for every twelve people, the only question is, how do we arm the other eleven?"
cocked@locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:47   #20
jthuang
On The Jazz

Send a message via AIM to jthuang Send a message via Yahoo to jthuang
I'm living in Center City Philadelphia but am a transplant from Chester County.

Avoid Colisimo's. There is nothing positive I can say about that place except that it's in a convenient location if you live in Center City ... and I'd say it's worth the extra mileage to get to The Firing Line or South Philly Archery & Gun.

Colosimo's has the worst pricing I've ever seen ($900 for a NIB Sig P226 last time I darkened their doorway -- 1995 or so) and their staff don't have a clue as to even simple things like where to find a decent hard-sided pistol case.

They get a lot of business from LE and that's what keeps them in business. I can't imagine any other way they would stay afloat.