Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-28-2007, 17:20   #1
CincyBrad

I now hate the Sharonville show even more

Been in the market for an 870HD, so I called Shooters Supply on Thursday to see if they had one in stock. They did, success! So, on Saturday I drive out there, 40 minutes each way, and when I arrive I'm informed everything they have is at the Sharonville gunshow. The cases are EMPTY! UGH! They didn't mention it on Thursday, so the thought never crossed my mind.

I wasn't paying $7 admission to get in and buy it either. Knowing my luck it would have been sold. So, instead I bought nothing. No new gun, but $300 cash still in my pocket.

F'ing Sharonville.
Ohio Glockers #58
CincyBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 17:59   #2
Joe Tactical
NRA Member

That sucks. They do clear everything out when it's showtime. I have also made the trip to the store only to see it almost empty. Call em tomorrow, I bet they still have it.
Joe Tactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 18:38   #3
CincyBrad

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Tactical
That sucks. They do clear everything out when it's showtime. I have also made the trip to the store only to see it almost empty. Call em tomorrow, I bet they still have it.
Even if they do, I can't go buy it. At the store they told me this coming weekend everything will be empty again because of the Dayton show. I can't go during the week because of work.

I could ask if they'll hold it for me at the store, but I doubt they'll do it. Hell, I'd give them my credit card info on the phone so they could charge the 10% down payment until I pick it up.
Ohio Glockers #58
Old 01-28-2007, 19:33   #4
Joe Tactical
NRA Member

Everyone I have met at that shop has been pretty reasonable. I would call them. I bet they'll hold it for ya.

Good luck. Let us know what happens.
Joe Tactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 17:14   #5
Mark G.

Especially if you give them a credit card.
Mark G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 02:11   #6
SVTPT92

Send a message via AIM to SVTPT92 Send a message via Yahoo to SVTPT92
I usually talk to Hughes there, really cool guy. I believe they're open later on Tues or Wed, which is the only time I get to go in and see them.

It does suck how they take everything to the show..but if that's what they have to do to stay afloat that works for me. Can't wait for them to get the range in!
SVTPT92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 05:30   #7
alwaysshootin

Quote:
Originally posted by CincyBrad

I could ask if they'll hold it for me at the store, but I doubt they'll do it. Hell, I'd give them my credit card info on the phone so they could charge the 10% down payment until I pick it up. [/B]
Call and ask for Marvin, or Dan, and I'd bet they would keep it there for you to pick up on the weekend!
Old 02-03-2007, 20:42   #8
Turtle Dude

I was their attorney and incorporated that Store. They are as good a bunch as you will meet. I don't think there is a show this coming weekend and if you call them I bet they would keep it at the store for you since they do open on saturday even when teh guns are at the show
Turtle Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 20:15   #9
Eagle1
Oh glockaholic!

I speak from experience about buying from them, Dan & Marv are the best when it comes to getting what you need. If you want them to hold the gun for you, they will. I drive 45 miles to their store for everything I need. I have bought so many Glocks from them, it is not even funny.

As a matter a fact, I was in there twice this past week. Once to ship a gun and once to buy another Glock (2nd gen from a fellow GT'er).

In God we trust, all others are checked through NCIC!
Eagle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:13   #10
CincyBrad

Well, my story ended well. I called Shooters Supply yesterday to see if they still had the Remington, and they did. I asked if they could hold it so it didn't go to the Dayton show this weekend. They said no problem, didn't have to give them a credit card or anything, just my name and phone number. Just got back from picking it up. They were pretty damn busy for having any empty store because of the gun show. 5 or 6 other people were there at the same time.

Shooters Supply are good folks to deal with, if you need guns in the Cincy area they are the place to go.
Ohio Glockers #58