GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2014, 00:13   #1
Batesmotel
Senior Member
 
Batesmotel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 13,884
A rare night.

As a sitting master, I initiated my youngest son. He is the fourth generation of our family in this lodge. Great night.
__________________
It's smaller on the outside.
Batesmotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 15:50   #2
mern
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 17
Awesome brother!
mern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 15:51   #3
jakebrake
cracker
 
jakebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: too close to philly
Posts: 7,923
how beyond cool is that?????
__________________
God made man, Sam Colt made us equal, John Moses Browning made us civilized... freemasons club Number 57
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 16:15   #4
Hyksos
Senior Member
 
Hyksos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Jupiter/Miami, FL
Posts: 1,886
Is he the first son to be a Mason?

Congrats!
__________________
Spes mea in deo est
Hyksos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 16:40   #5
Batesmotel
Senior Member
 
Batesmotel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 13,884
Yes. My older son is interested but living in the Philippines until next year. My youngest has been waiting for this. All he wanted for his 18th birthday was a petition.
__________________
It's smaller on the outside.
Batesmotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 17:57   #6
jerrytrini
Senior Member
 
jerrytrini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: 19th Hole
Posts: 1,402
So Mote it Be
jerrytrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:21   #7
colin1230
Senior Member
 
colin1230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,321
That is so cool! Congratulations, brother.
__________________
G17, G19, G21, G26, G30, G34 and G42.
NRA Life Member
AF&AM Life Member
colin1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 14:09   #8
deputy tom
Senior Member
 
deputy tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: SW/ PA
Posts: 8,506
Excellent news Brother. tom.
__________________
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus cel The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 22:30   #9
Batesmotel
Senior Member
 
Batesmotel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 13,884
Papa has an update.

Did his FC tonight. 21 days between degrees. He's flying.
__________________
It's smaller on the outside.
Batesmotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:31   #10
Hyksos
Senior Member
 
Hyksos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Jupiter/Miami, FL
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batesmotel View Post
Papa has an update.

Did his FC tonight. 21 days between degrees. He's flying.
Excellent!

My jurisdiction has a minimum 28 day wait period. But, even then, 28 days isn't exactly easy.
__________________
Spes mea in deo est
Hyksos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:01   #11
Batesmotel
Senior Member
 
Batesmotel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 13,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyksos View Post
Excellent!

My jurisdiction has a minimum 28 day wait period. But, even then, 28 days isn't exactly easy.
Here it is 10 days. Today he has his high school graduation then tonight he passes off his FC in open lodge.
__________________
It's smaller on the outside.
Batesmotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:18   #12
cpippen
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 8
Awesome that is great
cpippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:37   #13
Batesmotel
Senior Member
 
Batesmotel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 13,884
Thanks.

Passing off his FC was interesting. He was nervous and wanted to practice with me first. We were in the lodge room as the Tyler was setting up. We started and the Tyler sat down to listen. About a third of the way through it hit me that he was doing it perfectly in front of a WM and a PM. All he needed to do was not stop and he had it. He finished and we told him he passed. The look of shock was priceless. He did it later in open lodge anyway and nailed it again. Largely because the pressure was off.

His MM will be later this month. We are joining with anther lodge to do it. A member there has a cabin with a large piece of land and they do one MM degree each year outdoors. They don't have a candidate ready so they invited him.
__________________
It's smaller on the outside.
Batesmotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 13:09   #14
Mrs. VR
Administrator
 
Mrs. VR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: On the way to crazy
Posts: 89,311
Blog Entries: 1


Awesome! My dad did the same for my brothers. ( and MAYBE my grandfather, I can't recall). It meant so much to him! I know you must be very proud.
__________________

90/9/1

Mrs. VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 18:32   #15
deputy tom
Senior Member
 
deputy tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: SW/ PA
Posts: 8,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batesmotel View Post
Thanks.

Passing off his FC was interesting. He was nervous and wanted to practice with me first. We were in the lodge room as the Tyler was setting up. We started and the Tyler sat down to listen. About a third of the way through it hit me that he was doing it perfectly in front of a WM and a PM. All he needed to do was not stop and he had it. He finished and we told him he passed. The look of shock was priceless. He did it later in open lodge anyway and nailed it again. Largely because the pressure was off.

His MM will be later this month. We are joining with anther lodge to do it. A member there has a cabin with a large piece of land and they do one MM degree each year outdoors. They don't have a candidate ready so they invited him.
I'll be there in spirit. tom.
__________________
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus cel The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 00:32   #16
Batesmotel
Senior Member
 
Batesmotel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 13,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by deputy tom View Post
I'll be there in spirit. tom.
Thanks. We did it this morning. It was fun and very interesting. Like, how do you knock on a door when there are no doors? And I have never had squirrels run through a lodge room.

It was very humbling looking through the signatures in the by laws. So many from our family back to 1944.
__________________
It's smaller on the outside.
Batesmotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 18:23   #17
deputy tom
Senior Member
 
deputy tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: SW/ PA
Posts: 8,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batesmotel View Post
Thanks. We did it this morning. It was fun and very interesting. Like, how do you knock on a door when there are no doors? And I have never had squirrels run through a lodge room.

It was very humbling looking through the signatures in the by laws. So many from our family back to 1944.
Congrats Brother. I understand the outdoors deal. There are several in our tri-state area that have these events. Several have State Troopers surrounding the outer perimeter during the Degrees. Give your Son my personal congratulations and wish him well for me please. Thanks. tom.
__________________
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus cel The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 18:45   #18
Batesmotel
Senior Member
 
Batesmotel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 13,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by deputy tom View Post
Congrats Brother. I understand the outdoors deal. There are several in our tri-state area that have these events. Several have State Troopers surrounding the outer perimeter during the Degrees. Give your Son my personal congratulations and wish him well for me please. Thanks. tom.
I will
Thank you
__________________
It's smaller on the outside.
Batesmotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 17:01   #19
Hyksos
Senior Member
 
Hyksos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Jupiter/Miami, FL
Posts: 1,886
Did the Master Mason degree take place?
__________________
Spes mea in deo est
Hyksos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 17:07   #20
Batesmotel
Senior Member
 
Batesmotel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 13,884
Yes. Post #16.

It was fun. Very different. The lodge that hosted does it each year. I want to go again next year.
__________________
It's smaller on the outside.
Batesmotel is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:29.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 584
127 Members
457 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31