Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-08-2007, 20:04   #1
TreehugginGlock

March 8th GLIPSC Scores

Some people call the shoot tonight, "Who Dat In My Backyard", I call it "Pee n See". Start out sitting in a chair in your living room. There are 5 bad guys in your backyard with your 3 kids (don't shot the kids even though you might want to). You were to shoot all of the bad guys 4 times each through either the bathroom window (up high) or the living room window (down low) or a combination of both. There was a mandatory mag change during the course of fire but everything else was free style. Total min shots - 20.

And the results are as follows.....

1. Greg H - 40.74
2. Eric B - 41.93
3. Dean F - 43.90
4. Jack H - 47.50
5. John B - 48.14 (new guy)
6. Otis F - 50.56
7. Leigh Ann - 55.21
8. John W - 73.73
9. Greg F - 91.58
10. Eric U - 119.91 (new guy)
11. James M - 140.33

Thank you to Dean and the boys for coming up with the amazing set up and course of fire. It was great fun. Hope the new fellows come back to have fun with us again.

For those of you who have not joined us before, first time shooters shoot for free. We start shooting around 6 p.m. and continue until around 7:45. If you do plan on joining us, we prefer you arrive prior to 7 o'clock. Regular price is only $10 for scored shoot. If there is time after everyone else has shot, you may shoot again for free until it is time to pack it in for the night.

These results will also be posted on www.GLIPSC.com

Last edited by TreehugginGlock; 03-10-2007 at 14:33..
TreehugginGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 20:48   #2
fryeg7

what, glock talk doesn't have a 'shame' emoticon?

it was ugly tonight for me . . . . but there's always next week .

frye
fryeg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 21:07   #3
Berretta9

Those were kids ??? Fat little dudes and they were blue. I especially loved the toilet drawing by the window. The arouma waffing off it was hysterical as was the toilet paper roll. Shear comic genius !!!
Berretta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 21:09   #4
Berretta9

I'll have to shoot that gun more often.
Old 03-08-2007, 21:16   #5
45gunner

Yea. Your have to get some more of those jamming bullets that make the slide hit your hand.
Old 03-08-2007, 21:22   #6
Berretta9

Why yes I do. Thanks for the bulletts John. I seem to shoot better with a swolen thumb. Funny how trying to get low enough to shoot thru that window changed my grip enough to get my thumb in the way. Never had that happen before, have to say it smarts a little.
Old 03-08-2007, 22:53   #7
fryeg7

i shot 'kids' tonight .

i was shooting my carry pistol tonight, which has new night sights, no trigger job and a full pound less mass than my normal match pistol.

yeah, that's it, that's why i sucked. it was the pistol.

frye

(fryeg7 scratches "it was the pistol." off his list of excuses of why he shot so poorly. fryeg7 doesn't recycle excuses, especially bad ones )
Old 03-09-2007, 00:08   #8
Crazy4nitro
Happy Accidents

Hmm,
Maybe we could Make "Dummy Rounds" so it Forces an unexpected Mag Change. Shooters will have a "Dummy" round inserted somewhere in the Mag to Force a Tactical reload under stress. I can Make up .40Cal rounds. Now,I'm pretty new to this stuff and Do not know if some people wouldnt appreciate this in their Match gun or their stock pistol out of the Box. I dont see how this could Damage a Gun but it was Just a Thought..Feel free to pound me with posts if this is the Dumbest idea ever heard of..LOL

Crazy4nitro
Crazy4nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 00:18   #9
fryeg7

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy4nitro
Hmm,
Maybe we could Make "Dummy Rounds" so it Forces an unexpected Mag Change. Shooters will have a "Dummy" round inserted somewhere in the Mag to Force a Tactical reload under stress. I can Make up .40Cal rounds. Now,I'm pretty new to this stuff and Do not know if some people wouldnt appreciate this in their Match gun or their stock pistol out of the Box. I dont see how this could Damage a Gun but it was Just a Thought..Feel free to pound me with posts if this is the Dumbest idea ever heard of..LOL

Crazy4nitro
it's very good training and not a dumb idea at all, but probably not the best idea for a public match. any kind of 'misfire' or malfunction should and must stop a 'match'. someone having a real problem with a pistol could be mistaken for the 'dummy' and not addressed. bad things could happen.

it won't damage a pistol at all, but it could create an unsafe situation if the planets are aligned the right way. probably not worth it in a group shoot, but good for shooting alone at a non-public range.

frye
Old 03-09-2007, 00:33   #10
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Send a message via AIM to domzilla9 Send a message via Yahoo to domzilla9
Quote:
Originally posted by fryeg7
it's very good training and not a dumb idea at all, but probably not the best idea for a public match. any kind of 'misfire' or malfunction should and must stop a 'match'. someone having a real problem with a pistol could be mistaken for the 'dummy' and not addressed. bad things could happen.

Agree. Crazy, that's a good idea for your personal training regimen but not suited for a match.

Scores and course description posted on www.glipsc.com

Sorry I couldn't make it.

Last edited by domzilla9; 03-09-2007 at 00:44..
domzilla9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 14:22   #11
KYgundoc

The best part was when at the buzzer Greg Jumped up and yelled " Who dat in my back Yaad" I think that is why he won. And no I will not go in his back yard because he must practice there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by KYgundoc; 03-09-2007 at 15:35..
KYgundoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 16:33   #12
Berretta9

Well walking in my back yard can be hazardous but it's not because I shoot there. We have two Westies and a Boxer and they leave little land mines all over the place. When it's warm the daughters earn their keep with the pooper scooper but in the winter... well I stay on the deck.
Old 03-09-2007, 17:27   #13
TeamSpringfield

Quote:
Originally posted by domzilla9

Scores and course description posted on www.glipsc.com

Sorry I couldn't make it.
Hey Dom.... When are you going to update the HHPS data?

Thanks,
TS
TeamSpringfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 18:14   #14
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Send a message via AIM to domzilla9 Send a message via Yahoo to domzilla9
Quote:
Originally posted by TeamSpringfield
Hey Dom.... When are you going to update the HHPS data?

Thanks,
TS
When I get it in an HTML format from Lee. He has transitioned to a new computer and there are technical issues. We need to get ezscore downloaded. If anyone has his digits please pm them to me.
Old 03-10-2007, 14:10   #15
erichusmc

well i had a great time at my first ever match. i will deff. be back. thanks for everything.

Erich Bell

John B. up there on the list
erichusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 16:06   #16
fryeg7

Quote:
Originally posted by erichusmc
well i had a great time at my first ever match. i will deff. be back. thanks for everything.

Erich Bell

John B. up there on the list
erich, were you at knob creek this sat.? i thought i saw you there, but wasn't sure it was you.

frye
Old 03-10-2007, 18:47   #17
erichusmc

yup, checkin out a new 10mm. i went back today to pick it up. a ea witness match 10mm. i shot it today and fell in love, lol.

Erich

next time stop me and say hi.........
Old 03-10-2007, 19:18   #18
fryeg7

Quote:
yup, checkin out a new 10mm. i went back today to pick it up. a ea witness match 10mm. i shot it today and fell in love, lol.

Erich

next time stop me and say hi.........
cool, i wasn't 100% sure it was you, and i didn't want to look like a jackass if it wasn't you . . . .

very nice choice of a pistol. excellent gun for competitions. i hope you reload, feeding that thing will get expensive . i picked up a new CZ75B in stainless steel . haven't shot it yet though.

frye
Old 03-10-2007, 19:48   #19
erichusmc

i'm tryin to do some homework on the whole reloading deal. i hope to talk to a couple of the guys on thursday night that reload to get some more info.

Erich
Old 03-10-2007, 19:50   #20
fryeg7

Quote:
i'm tryin to do some homework on the whole reloading deal. i hope to talk to a couple of the guys on thursday night that reload to get some more info.

Erich
you'll get lots of good info.

frye