Old 03-05-2007, 19:32   #2
Drilled

Follow up

To this thread:
http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=652957
Drilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 18:27   #3
smooth1

She really doesn't have a clue. It's bad when Comerica pulls out because its association with Michigan is hindering its stock price. All she could do was alk about community loyalty. It really blows my mind that she got re elected.
smooth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 21:31   #4
Drilled

So..........

Let's get her out!!!!!!!!!!!!!No one else?
Old 03-09-2007, 16:41   #5
jsbrown14

I bet most of us agree. But it takes a lot of work.
jsbrown14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 18:34   #6
Drilled

Maybe we could start with...

one of those internet petitions?
Old 03-09-2007, 20:46   #7
smooth1

You'd have to do a real petition & get real signatures. It would take a real grass roots movement. Most of the people in this state just don't get it. They're tying to live like it was the 60's & 70's
Old 03-09-2007, 23:54   #8
stallion114

Is this a joke? There is no way she is getting impeached, and I would bet that if another election was tommorrow she would win again.

Remember the people who voted her in are the same ones who re-elected Kwame.

More jobs
(Pfizer)
(Comerica)
Google = (negative balance)

PS dont let Jenny take credit for google, that had nothing to with her. Also 1000 jobs my ass my friend works there along with 40 other people.
stallion114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:05   #9
Toyman

As much as I hate her, I'd have to say "On what legal grounds?"
Toyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:27   #10
Hauptmann6

Send a message via AIM to Hauptmann6 Send a message via MSN to Hauptmann6 Send a message via Yahoo to Hauptmann6
Quote:
Originally posted by Toyman
As much as I hate her, I'd have to say "On what legal grounds?"
Just like a lawsuit, you don't need a reason.
The only things that last forever
Are memories and sorrow
Hauptmann6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 17:42   #11
JohnJak
sadly spent

As Genny said once "were going to blow you away". Well she was right. She has blowin the jobs right out of Michigan.
JohnJak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:07   #12
Toyman

Quote:
Originally posted by Hauptmann6
Just like a lawsuit, you don't need a reason.
Wow. I could have sworn that our state constitution covered specifically that:

"The house of representatives shall have the sole power of impeaching all civil officers of the state, for corrupt conduct in office, or for crimes and misdemeanors; but a majority of all members elected shall be necessary to direct an impeachment."
Toyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:22   #13
Hauptmann6

Send a message via AIM to Hauptmann6 Send a message via MSN to Hauptmann6 Send a message via Yahoo to Hauptmann6
Quote:

"The house of representatives shall have the sole power of impeaching all civil officers of the state, for corrupt conduct in office, or for crimes and misdemeanors; but a majority of all members elected shall be necessary to direct an impeachment."
Impeachment /= Recall
The only things that last forever
Are memories and sorrow
Hauptmann6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 17:24   #14
brucek

Quote:

I'll be nice here....The stupid B*tch hasn't done anything corrupt or illegal (that we know about) so impeachment is out. But, she could be recalled. Remember Grey Davis in CA? However, as someone else mentioned, I doubt anyone could get enough signatures to get that on a ballot. Apparently, the people of Michigan love her and that other stupid B*tch Stabenow and that ass*ole Levin. I can't believe that "gang of three" got re-elected! And it ain't just the city of Detroit. They are off in another world.
--

BruceK
brucek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 19:08   #15
Errick
NRA Patron

Quote:
Originally posted by brucek
I'll be nice here....The stupid B*tch hasn't done anything corrupt or illegal (that we know about) so impeachment is out. But, she could be recalled. Remember Grey Davis in CA? However, as someone else mentioned, I doubt anyone could get enough signatures to get that on a ballot. Apparently, the people of Michigan love her and that other stupid B*tch Stabenow and that ass*ole Levin. I can't believe that "gang of three" got re-elected! And it ain't just the city of Detroit. They are off in another world.
--

BruceK

I could have said that!

Big Dawg #1319 - G1 Niner #162 - NRA Patron - IDPA - SAFR - Novi CERT
"The first thing you have to do is disarm the people. A disarmed public can't fight back"
-- Adolf Hitler

Errick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 19:18   #16
smooth1

Brucek
I'm with ya I moved from Illinois to Michigan 12 years ago, so I'm not a native. All I can say is most people in this state just don't get it. I read the Det News today & Daniel Howes sid in his column "the economic train wreck that Granholm's Michigan has become". It's scarey because even Kwame is trying to do something about reducing taxes in Detroit. He's almost sounding Republican
Old 03-12-2007, 19:32   #17
Drilled

Recall?

I don't think we have the option for recall in this state, another dupe by the full time legislators on us dummies that let them do that to us!

I do think she is a bold faced liar and if she is she can be impeached. Here is an article from the Macomb Daily:
http://204.176.34.196/macombdaily/ar...asp?ID=2971927

"Attorney General Jennifer Granholm's husband landed six contracts with Wayne County worth nearly $300,000 with the help of some of Granholm's top campaign supporters.
Daniel Mulhern, a "leadership training" consultant, secured contracts for his firms shortly after Granholm departed as the top attorney for the McNamara administration in Wayne County.

Five of the agreements were no-bid contracts and the sixth was awarded through a process in which Mulhern's firm submitted the highest bid but won the contract anyway.

Mulhern's contracts with County Executive Edward McNamara's office and Metropolitan Airport were secured with the support of top allies of Granholm's attorney general campaign and her bid for governor. Those include McNamara, then-Deputy Executive Michael Duggan and then-Airport Director David Katz.

Granholm and Mulhern say their political connections had no influence over the awarding of the contracts.

"I did no work for the county while Jennifer was there," said Mulhern, 44, who operates a Detroit-based consulting firm. "There are absolutely no ethical or legal-ethical issues."

According to county records obtained under the Freedom of Information Act, a month after Granholm departed as Wayne County corporation counsel and was sworn in as state attorney general, Mulhern was soliciting Katz for contracts in February 1999.

Mulhern's first success was solidifying a $7,500 agreement to provide management coaching for Katz. That contract also led to business with a Northwest Airlines executive.

The attorney general's husband eventually landed a $172,500 contract in the fall of 1999 to provide seven months of training for 20 airport personnel. At that time, Mulhern was working for Pioneering Management Possibilities, or PMP, of Bingham Farms.

That was the only Mulhern contract put up for bids, with PMP initially offering a $140,000 price. That compared to bids ranging from $30,000 to $74,000 from four other firms.

But a four-member team evaluated the voluminous proposals and, using a scoring system, rated PMP as, by far, the best proposal. Heading that evaluation team was Katz, a close Granholm-Mulhern friend who now serves as campaign manager for Granholm's gubernatorial bid, and Walter Beard. Beard, county director of purchasing, was a Granholm campaign contributor, according to state records.

The attorney general said she never exerted any influence over the process and never talked to any of those deciding whether her husband would receive contracts.

"That never happened, not in any way, shape or form," said Granholm, a Northville Township Democrat. "He had his own relationships (with Wayne County officials). He didn't need me to do anything for him."

A former Wayne County official, Mulhern's contracts were secured from 1999-2001 as the McNamara administration's contracting procedures came under sharp criticism.

In the past two years, McNamara has faced accusations of cronyism and conflicts of influence because of airport contracts awarded to campaign contributors, friends and relatives.

A scathing report issued by the state Senate committee in October concluded that the county was guilty of "extreme mismanagement." Some lawmakers advocate a state takeover of Metro Airport while others want to slap on state-mandated contracting restrictions.

"It (Mulhern's contracts) certainly fits in with the culture at the airport," said Senate Majority Leader Dan DeGrow, a Port Huron Republican. "When you've got a bunch of no-bid contracts, it raises a lot of questions."

Granholm has come under criticism from DeGrow and other Senate Republicans for declining to investigate the airport contracts. The attorney general has said she sees no evidence that warrants the state stepping in.

Mulhern's advocates call him a top-notch motivator with a strong background and reputation.

A partner in the firm of Mulhern Hastings Group, his consulting clients have included the Detroit Regional Chamber of Commerce, the Detroit Symphony Orchestra, the Plunkett and Cooney law firm, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Michigan.

He has conducted leadership training for top corporate executives, labor union leaders and a variety of government and school officials.

Wayne County officials say Mulhern's work for McNamara and Duggan from 1987-91, including a stint as county director of juvenile services, helped him secure consulting contracts. Mulhern's advantage, they said, was his understanding of the public sector and of the county executive's office.

"His wife gave him no advantage," said Deputy Executive Mary Zuckerman. "The fact that he was Jennifer's husband did not help him at all. Dan was a known quantity, but not because of Jennifer."

A former colleague, PMP co-owner Brad Zimmerman, said Mulhern's Wayne County connections helped the firm because he had a reputation for intelligence and integrity in the McNamara administration. But Granholm "didn't come into play at all," Zimmerman said.

Granholm proclaimed that Mulhern is so well-credentialed that he offers one of the top résumés in Michigan. He holds degrees from Yale and Harvard and has taught management leadership at the university level.

Mulhern teaches management styles and techniques, as well as methods of fostering workplace relationships and working as a cohesive unit.

After four years with the county, Mulhern, who goes by the name Daniel Granholm Mulhern, worked as congressional aide for U.S. Rep. Sander Levin and for University of Detroit High School.

In January 1999, he joined the staff of PMP, just as his wife took over as the new attorney general. In addition to his PMP salary, he earned commissions of about 20 percent for each contract landed.

Granholm served as attorney for the county executive's office from 1989-91 and returned to the county as corporation counsel from 1995-98. McNamara and key players in his administration were instrumental in launching her political career.

County records show that the contracts secured by Mulhern were for these services:

* Four months of one-on-one leadership coaching with Katz, beginning in April 1999, at a price of $7,500.

* A 2-day Frankenmuth retreat in May 1999 for about 100 executive staff at a price of nearly $15,000.

* A "Leadership Development Program" from August 1999 to March 2000 for about 40 county executive staffers at a cost of $64,000.

* A 7-month, $172,500 leadership training program for 20 airport personnel under a contract that was selected in October 1999. Mulhern secured the contract but pulled out of the project - and returned his commission check - when he left the company to form his own firm in November 1999. PMP wanted him to follow through on the project as an independent contractor but Mulhern, sensing his wife might run for governor, said that he decided the contract might some day become a political issue and declined.

* An office retreat for county personnel in September 2000 that consisted of a 2-hour presentation. The price was $950.

* A monthly leadership program for three top county officials from February to October 2001 at cost of $14,000."
Old 03-14-2007, 17:18   #18
brucek

Re: Recall?

Quote:
Originally posted by Drilled
I don't think we have the option for recall in this state, another dupe by the full time legislators on us dummies that let them do that to us!

I do think she is a bold faced liar and if she is she can be impeached. Here is an article from the Macomb Daily:
http://204.176.34.196/macombdaily/ar...asp?ID=2971927

"Attorney General Jennifer Granholm's husband landed six contracts with Wayne County worth nearly $300,000 with the help of some of Granholm's top campaign supporters.
<snip>

Wasn't she exonerated during the McNamara investigations? I do agree with you - she is a lying sack of fecal material. She is also a two faced b*tch. True story - I was camping along the Benzie (sp?) River a few years ago and she was also staying there, in a brand spankin' new Coachman trailer donated by the campground owner along with her daughters. When the camera's were on her she was out pressin' flesh and kissin' babies. After the press left and things died down. I tried to introduce myself and say a few words - no, nothing derogatory - but she just walked away not even acknowledging me. Rude! Must have been my fishin' hat cause I know I took a shower that day.

--

BruceK
Old 03-14-2007, 17:21   #19
brucek

Quote:
Originally posted by smooth1
It's scarey because even Kwame is trying to do something about reducing taxes in Detroit. He's almost sounding Republican
Kwame? Reduce taxes? Isn't he trying to tax fast food in Detroit? Must need some extra dough to pay for that diamond in his ear. Either that or hookers!
--

BruceK
Old 03-15-2007, 10:36   #20
Drilled

Fire the crook!

Here is the rub as I understand it on the investigation, she was WACO’s corporation counsel, during years that favoritism was used in granting contracts paid by the county.

As WACO’s counsel there is no way that those contracts would not have been viewed by her or one of her staff members, she had to have been sweating bullets when the investigation was launched because McNamara had the shredders working overtime…She was absolutely someone of interest to the MSP and FBI during the investigations and I believe even though McNamara died, the investigation is still ongoing. Albeit, on a reduced scale since the MSP now works directly for her and the FBI has bigger issues than a crook who happened to get elected by soccer moms, minorities and unions.

She is throwing a lot of money at education and subsequently has the support of the MEA, which IMO is a real crime, because the teachers here have their own agenda because of unions and subsequently support her because she is buying their support with our tax dollars…Bottom line is she is very much a crook and has lied about her knowledge and involvement in the granting of contracts. Her husband was even given favoritism from WACO! Now we are supposed to believe she had no involvement in that? Please!

Michigan has always been a strong union state, but it is that very fact that has buried us, people that support this (and I have been in three unions here) are like the prisoners being dragged to the gas chamber, kicking screaming crying the whole time, it is unfair and Grandmole is at the lever. When in reality what people here need to do is hold these elected people completely responsible for what happens now and going forward…She will never take any responsibility for what is happening in this state and those of us that stay here will see more and more taxes and less and less jobs because she is an incompetent…

We killed our economy here by letting non educated people slap on bumpers and bolt on seats for $50,000 to $80,000 a year + benefits working for the big three who are all in big trouble because they were as irresponsible as the factory rats that kept eating the underbelly of the giants till there was nothing left…

Grandmole is the biggest of the rats and will be twisting the saber of death as Michigan takes its final gasps.
The only real chance we have is to get her out of office and get a level headed CEO in here and take charge of this state like you would run a corporation and get it back to profitability…Michigan will never be the car capitol of the world again but we have many opportunities, non of which will ever be realized under her wicked direction…We need to fire her in a big way!

Last edited by Drilled; 03-15-2007 at 10:38..