SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-10-2007, 21:21   #1
GL1800
just hold on

Conroe Gun Show

WANTING TO KNOW IF THIS WOULD BE A GOOD PLACE TO LOOK AT HOLSTERS AND 9MM AMMO.IT WOULD BE AN 1 HR DRIVE.
Old 03-14-2007, 14:50   #2
blboyd

I just saw your post and I know this is a little late but it's a great show to attend. I was there all day Sat and Sun working a booth. There's always a guy there who sells bulk ammo by cases plus has all kinds of specialty ammo. For being a small community like Conroe it's really a great show - lots of people in and out.

BTW - It'll be back in Conroe in Sept

Brandon
blboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 23:11   #3
Jack23
I. B. Glockin'

Re: Conroe Gun Show

Quote:
Originally posted by GL1800
WANTING TO KNOW IF THIS WOULD BE A GOOD PLACE TO LOOK AT HOLSTERS AND 9MM AMMO.IT WOULD BE AN 1 HR DRIVE.
I have never been to a gun show in Conroe. But if it is anything at all like the ones in Houston and Pasadena you will probably be more successful in locating a holster on line or at a gun shop. We have a store here, Pro Defense, that caters to LEOs but sells to the public as well. The have a full line of apparell and equipment including holsters and hand guns. You MIGHT find something at a gun show but, depending upon what you are looking for, the chances are good that you will not.

As far as ammo goes, it has been my experience that it has been years and years since you could find ammo at lower than retail prices at a gunshow. If you consider the cost of parking and admission it is dificult to save money by buying at a gunshow. The one exception to that is GLock magazines. Some items you will find a good selection but mostly the hot items are AKs, ARs, Bushmasters, etc,

Gun shows just ain't what they used to be.
G-17, G-23, G-21, G-36, Ruger blackhawk, ss, Ruger 10/22, Ruger Mark II, Ruger SP101, British Webley MKI .455, Kel-Tec P32, S&W top break .38, S&W 24-3 .44spl N frame Colt 1903 .32, Heritage .22 Combo, Colt AR-15, LE6920.
Jack23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:56   #4
Lykoi
Pavlov's Wolf

Send a message via AIM to Lykoi Send a message via Yahoo to Lykoi
Re: Re: Conroe Gun Show

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack23
Gun shows just ain't what they used to be.

ain't that the truth... I wasn't sure if it was my experience/intelligence making me think they had always been this bad or they had just gotten worse over time, but in hte last few years i've attended one decent gun show, and the only thing i found worhtwhile was a reflex site and a few glock mags... the rest seemed a collosal waste of time... although the last one was much better than previous years... so i'll be going back to the next one to see if it's on the way up or maybe it was a freak accident...

it seems that gun shows used to be a decent place to buy/sell weapons without alot of retail hastle and salemanship, they also used to be a place to find better than local prices... seems to me they've become little more than a place to get ripped off while selling and to pay a bit too much for a gun your local shop might not carry...
Old 03-29-2007, 07:04   #5
GL1800
just hold on

Thanks for the replies,I agree the ammo was not a value buy compaired to Academy,the holsters were few and mostly worn out.I did purchase a gun but it was from a LE that was there trying to trade or sale so he could purchase a different style gun than he was saleing but had no fair offers.It was a nice 380 colt I bought for 200. which was in the price range and item I was looking for.But on a positive note I did enjoy the day and I will attend shows in my area again! PS It was also another good ride which is always a good day on the bike!