Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:20   #1
Gothic_TNT

Where to buy in Central Valley...

I was just wondering where are some good place to shop for Glocks in general. I have payed..., lets just say I would have another Glock for the prices I payed. Who's prices are reasonable, and where is a good place for bulk ammo;not Internet stuff. I'm located in the central valley and am willing to travel if the price is right...
Gothic_TNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 17:17   #2
Giggity-Giggity
Giggity-Goo!!!

For ammo try gun shows. The Glendale Gun show gave me 500 rounds of Winchester .40S&W 165 grain for $85+.
Top Guns .357 Sig #2011
GSSF Lifetime Member
Giggity-Giggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 18:01   #3
miwall

Where to buy in Central Valley...

I guess it depends where you consider the Central Valley to be. I live in Tulare and we have a couple of choices locally , and a few others close by. Jim Dodd is a great go to guy here and you can also check out Archie at Ace Guns on South K St. I usually use WWB at Walmart for practice ammo, even though it just went to 14.99 a box of 100. Glad I stocked up around Christmas.
Old 03-11-2007, 18:08   #4
bvh

Near Vacaville?

As someone else posted, it depends what you consider Central Valley. If you're near Vacaville, there is a relatively new store Guns, Fishing, & More. Their prices are not necessarily the least expensive, but they have a very large selection (it probably is one of the best stores in the Bay Area). They also have a range downstairs if you want to try out a rental first.
bvh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:01   #5
Gothic_TNT

In Fresno or Monterey county.............
Gothic_TNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 13:51   #6
HarlDane

I'm guessing that your in western Fresno County. Fresno has HORRIBLE prices so I wouldn't head there. Tulare or possibly Hanford/Lemoore might be your best bet, but I don't know any shops in that area.
HarlDane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 16:04   #7
varigger
mmmmmm GLOCK

Quote:
Originally posted by HarlDane
I'm guessing that your in western Fresno County. Fresno has HORRIBLE prices so I wouldn't head there. Tulare or possibly Hanford/Lemoore might be your best bet, but I don't know any shops in that area.
Don't waste your time coming to Lemoore or Hanford. There's not much here, and what we do have isn't reasonable!
Old 03-23-2007, 16:50   #8
HarlDane

Quote:
Originally posted by varigger
Don't waste your time coming to Lemoore or Hanford. There's not much here, and what we do have isn't reasonable!
It seems prices all over the valley are sky high.
Old 03-23-2007, 16:52   #9
varigger
mmmmmm GLOCK

Quote:
Originally posted by HarlDane
It seems prices all over the valley are sky high.
It helps being Military or LE.
Old 03-23-2007, 16:55   #10
HarlDane

Quote:
Originally posted by varigger
It helps being Military or LE.
I buy online now, there is a guy near me that will receive and transfer for $25 (as opposed to over $100 at places like Herb Bauers.
Old 03-23-2007, 16:59   #11
varigger
mmmmmm GLOCK

PM Sent
Old 03-24-2007, 08:50   #12
camoram

I am in Nor Cal, and I go to Reno to buy Ammo. I usually buy at the Reno Show. Great deals. I bought a case of 1000 7.63x.39 for $120. Russian surplus non wolf.
California Glockers Club member #13
camoram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:18   #13
Short Cut
CLM Number 88
PatrioticMember

I like going to Barnwood Arms in the small town of Ripon. They are on Main St. It is a small to midsize shop with an indoor range. They have knowledgeable adults working the gun counter , which is refreshing.

I also like going to Ronning Arms on Yosemite in Modesto. Although I've yet to find a FFL in middle CA that has the prices that one can find on the internet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Short Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:44   #14
camoram

Are there any FFL's in Nor-Central CA that y'all trust? I am hearing horror stories. The Gun Room had just about everything, yes they are expensive, but I am now getting the impression that everything relating to gun's is expensive in CA. The 30 day law sucks. I wish I would have done more home work before I bought. I was planning on buying another one next week when the Taxes get in. O well, live and learn.
Old 03-24-2007, 15:14   #15
Short Cut
CLM Number 88
PatrioticMember

Wild Sports in Orangevale (Sac metro area) has decent prices normally and great prices when they have sales.

Short Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 16:45   #16
camoram

Any body have any dealing's with Broadway Bait and Tackle?
Old 04-02-2007, 22:08   #17
gloxter

Try River City Gun Exchange. They can get busy on the weekends, but be patient and they will treat you well. I purhcased a factory refurbished G19 (9mm) from them at an outstanding price. The gun was in mint condition. I've since shot over 4,000 rounds through it without a problem.

If you don't get your Glock questions answered, give me a PM and I'll answer, or point you in the right direction.

-gloxter
gloxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:55   #18
camoram

Cool, I have had 2 local Sac area members offer help (thanks Sean and Matt) and have started talking to Brandon, owner of Wild Bill's. He is great! He told me that the Glock rep is supposed to be at his shop this week. So hopefully I can get him to look at it. Matt also offered a few hours of his time to me. He is willing to help me do a full detail strip and part replacement Y'all are Aces in my book,

Nate
Old 04-04-2007, 08:55   #19
gloxter

Quote:
Originally posted by camoram
Cool, I have had 2 local Sac area members offer help (thanks Sean and Matt) and have started talking to Brandon, owner of Wild Bill's. He is great! He told me that the Glock rep is supposed to be at his shop this week. So hopefully I can get him to look at it. Matt also offered a few hours of his time to me. He is willing to help me do a full detail strip and part replacement Y'all are Aces in my book,

Nate
Nate:

PM me some time and we can go shooting. I'm not a range-type guy unless absolutely necessary (hint).

-gloxter
gloxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 00:01   #20
Opie 1 Kenopie
Regular Guy

Bakersfield Dealer...

If anybody out there is LE... I buy mine through Second Amendment Sports on Mohawk & Hwy 58 in B-field. $399 for all regular frame Glocks. $525 out the door for my G21 with night sights. Must show LE ID. PLUS! They have now decided NOT to require a commander's letter, just show your ID and the piece with hi-caps is yours over the counter! Don't ask me how, but they do it and I love it.

-Opie