SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-13-2007, 20:55   #1
shooting4fun

Dust Devil Classic 2007 this weekend

Good Day All,

Just FYI the good folks at the Pima Pistol Range < pimapistol.org > will be hosting the 2007 Dust Devil Classic this weekend. If time and motivation permit come check out the fancy shooting that Jerry Miculek will be doing on Saturday at noon. If it was anything like last year you won't be disappointed.

Cheers!
shooting4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:49   #2
mace85
NRA GOA USPSA

I was there. It was a shame what happened to Jerry Miculeks wife. Hope to hear that she is doing better (for those that are wondering, she was bit by a rattle snake, so obivously the demo did not go on). The match was well designed. Some good and challenging stages. However my scoring was screwed up. I was a little miffed because the stat shack was notified twice of the error. Both times they gave me an attitude and acted like it was my fault. Was never fixed. I just hope the scores don't post to USPSA like they are not (major, not minor, unclassified, not grand master ). But otherwise it was a fun match. Will probably go next year. I was pleasantly suprised by the people who put it on. They were all nice.

My Blog
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
mace85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 22:31   #3
shooting4fun

Good Day Mace85,

Totally nasty luck for Kay in getting bit by a snake. Apparently from the messages on the Enos forum she is well on the way to recovery. The early rumors did not play out. She is pretty fortunate as those critters can do a real number on ya. It is my understanding that she is at home and doing better.

Sorry to hear about your scoring issues. I concur with you regarding the stages. Nicely done and just the right amount of fun. I am slightly bummed that they threw out stage 7. If memory serves that was my best run of the match 95/200 < or whatever the final count was >. Good thing I'm not counting on my scores to keep me happy! I'm just happy that I could even make a good showing shooting production amonst all the mega blasters that were there. There are times where I think I should just shoot limited minor. I'm probably better off with all the exercise that I get from all the mag changes in production class....

Yes, the DDC is principally my only “big” match of the year. Family and work tend to keep my weekends pretty full. I do every now and then make the run up to Pima for a Sunday USPSA match from time to time. Let me know and I'll meet ya there < it appears to be roughly half way for each of us >. I mostly do the SE AZ regional matches, casual not USPSA scored stuff.

Which reminds me I need to check the ammo inventory for a possible match this weekend. Glad to hear that you had fun at the DDC too. See you on the range some time!

Cheers!
shooting4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 20:37   #4
mace85
NRA GOA USPSA

I can not explain how happy I was that stage 7 went away. It was by far my worst. All in all good match, hope to make it next year.

My Blog
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
mace85 is offline   Reply With Quote