Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-15-2007, 23:05   #1
hurricanezUM

certified glock armorer's

Hey, guys im new to the form, just picked up a glock and want to get night sights installed on them. i know you can do it with the armorer tool but i dont have that. does anyone know of one in the 561/954 area? or maybe someone around that area that wont mind helping me out? i guess i will call around gun shops and ask is my best bet to find one? or unless maybe someone is local and can help me. if your in the 561 954 area please PM me. thanks everyone.
hurricanezUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:27   #2
rich52us

Send a message via Yahoo to rich52us
Re: certified glock armorer's

Quote:
Originally posted by hurricanes
Hey, guys im new to the form, just picked up a glock and want to get night sights installed on them. i know you can do it with the armorer tool but i dont have that. does anyone know of one in the 561/954 area? or maybe someone around that area that wont mind helping me out? i guess i will call around gun shops and ask is my best bet to find one? or unless maybe someone is local and can help me. if your in the 561 954 area please PM me. thanks everyone.
The Armorers tool is for detail stripping of your Glock, not sight installation. It's basically a punch. If you go to the Ft. Laud gun show at the War Memorial Collesium 3/24-3/25 there should be a Glock armorer or two there that will install your sight while you wait.
#3014 in the Big Dawg , Kel-Tec , Sub, HK & Black Rifle Clubs. .
rich52us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:35   #3
Rusty Shackleford
mmhmm

The easiest solution, if you don't already have the sights is to get some that don't require any kind of sight pusher tool for installation. Ameriglo sights come to mind.. I have a few sets on some of my Glocks and they're just as good as anything else I have. Everything needed for installation is included and it's about a five minute job at most.

Next would be to find a local gunsmith who can do it.. any gunsmith worth your time ought to have a sight pusher that will do Glock sights. Faster than waiting for a gun show, which is another option.

Or if you think you'll ever do more than one or two sets of sights on Glock pistols, get yourself an MGW sight pusher; WELL worth the money to never have to pay someone else to do such a simple install.
Rusty Shackleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:06   #4
hurricanezUM

thanks so far guys, i already have the sights. just need someone to put them on with the tool.
hurricanezUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 07:15   #5
Court in FL.

Contact George at gandlguns@aol.com

Tell George , Court sent you.

Thank you, Court in FL.
Court in FL. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 21:07   #6
Lowell

it's been a few days since he posted, but. I sent a message...and for anyone else, I have the Glock Sight Tool as well as a fine 3/16 hex socket for the front sight;
Anyone near Fort Lauderdale is more than welcome to use them/borrow them for free, as it only takes a few minutes to change the sights.

If you are familiar with Lauderdale, I'm near I-595 and University Drive.
Lowell
Old 03-21-2007, 17:15   #7
sidewinder6

I just went through the same thing. I installed a set of TruGlo on my G34. The original sights are quite easy to remove and I found a front sight tool at Outdoor World in Dania by accident. $9. Picked up some removable Loktite ( blue 454)and was good to go. Anyway, Im sighting in mine tonite or tomorrow. If you enjoy working with this sort of thing, it really isnt that bad and this board has seveal threads and members who will help you. If you still prefer to have help, thereis National off 595 in Davie or the 911 Store on Hollywood Blvd with qualified Armorers. Good Luck.
sidewinder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:07   #8
Wickedone1982

Send a message via AIM to Wickedone1982
Quote:
Originally posted by Lowell
it's been a few days since he posted, but. I sent a message...and for anyone else, I have the Glock Sight Tool as well as a fine 3/16 hex socket for the front sight;
Anyone near Fort Lauderdale is more than welcome to use them/borrow them for free, as it only takes a few minutes to change the sights.

If you are familiar with Lauderdale, I'm near I-595 and University Drive.
Lowell

It sounds like you are by tower shops ?
Old 03-23-2007, 09:01   #9
Lowell

yes I'm right around the corner from there, Wicked; Home Depot is the magnet store in the Tower Shops Mall; I don't have any blue loctite for the front site, but I think Home Depot carries it;
If you need to borrow the tools for free, or have me around to do it with you for free, just let me know; I will be going to the gun show in Laud on Saturday as well, so If you want to meet and greet there and use it, just let me know.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:17   #10
Wickedone1982

Send a message via AIM to Wickedone1982
Quote:
Originally posted by Lowell
yes I'm right around the corner from there, Wicked; Home Depot is the magnet store in the Tower Shops Mall; I don't have any blue loctite for the front site, but I think Home Depot carries it;
If you need to borrow the tools for free, or have me around to do it with you for free, just let me know; I will be going to the gun show in Laud on Saturday as well, so If you want to meet and greet there and use it, just let me know.

Yea luckily i dont need any site work done at the moment but thanks . i just happened to come across this thread and saw where you were . I am actually going to the tower shops car show tonight with the family and to the gun show on Sun .

* still waiting on our Cwp to come we did it electronicly two weeks ago yesterday * and they got our forms on mon last week. we hope to get them soon . Can you carry in a gun show with out your CWP if the gun is not loaded?
Old 03-23-2007, 11:18   #11
Lowell

no you can't carry yet; the law's pretty clear; the gun is still a weapon, even without bullets, so until you get your permit you have to wait.
The Tower shops Friday night car show draws a big crowd every time; enjoy!