GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-17-2007, 00:56   #1
RED64CJ5

Anyone seeing Willie & Merle in Austin this weekend?

Going to see the Saturday show of the "Last of the Breed Tour" in Austin at The Backyard. Not every day do you get third row tickets to see some old greats.. Willie, Merle, Ray Price... backed up by Asleep at the Wheel.

Any GTer's going?
RED64CJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:40   #2
cwood

Wife and I went last night

I had never seen Ray Price perform live. He did a set alone and later came back out with Willie and Merle for several numbers. I was again impressed. Great stage presence, still good voice but maybe not quite as smooth as in his prime, but GOOD nonetheless.

Merle was not strong of voice but still works the crowd. He even played his fiddle which I have never seen.

Willie was in good voice and obviously leader of the event. Good performance with Ray and Merle.

The show lasted about 2 1/2 +/- hours. Take a jacket. Event staff did pretty good job of keeping the 'aisle standers' moved on until Willie came out and then they were no where to be found.

Asleep at the Wheel is a heck of a band to have as 'backup'.

No cameras.

It is a long hike to the free parking (not much other) so mobility impaired folks need to be dropped off first.

Not posted 30.06 but they say no weapons orally. I didn't know ahead so I left it in the car to save a LONG walk back and forth. They didn't pat me down or have metal detectors.

ENJOY!!!

We sure did...except for a small group of knuckleheads who blabbed all through the show. But we did enjoy nonetheless.
Old 03-17-2007, 13:24   #3
RED64CJ5

Awesome !!! Thank you for the post.

We are sitting in Section B, row three. It'll be pretty close to the front of the place. I have never been to the Backyard before.

Thanks again for your tips and information.
RED64CJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote