SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-16-2007, 20:48   #1
Walter45Auto

Send a message via Yahoo to Walter45Auto
Ok...... What do you think....

A 30.06 sign in WHITE letters on a sliding CLEAR glass door. Is that contrasting colors and conspicuously posted to you???? I say no....

Yeah It actually happened. I didn't see it till I left. And It was Night, no less. And I was looking HARD. This happened a year or so ago. Just wondering what your thoughts are?

Old 03-17-2007, 07:30   #2
RPBROWN
PAWPAW

Most hospitals are posting this way.

Although IMO and IANAL,its not a conforming sign, I would'nt want to be the test case.
GOA
http://www.texaschlforum.com/
RPBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:10   #3
bluelineman
Infidel كافر

Quote:
Originally posted by RPBROWN
Most hospitals are posting this way.

Although IMO and IANAL,its not a conforming sign, I would'nt want to be the test case.
+1

I've seen a few hospitals with the 30.05 sign (criminal trespass) as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

"Why is it that on June 4th 1967 I was a Jordanian and overnight I became a Palestinian?" - Walid Shoebat, former PLO Terrorist
كافر Infidel لقد كان محمد شاذ جنسيا
bluelineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:27   #4
cwood

I would not try it!

If they have complied with all of the 'objective' requirements like size and form of letters, wording, english/spanish requirements and if one were to be in front of the sign and could clearly read the sign, I would not cross it.

The above requirements are clearly discernable facts. "Conatrast" can easily be a matter of opinion which has not been specified in law. I could easily be argued that if you could clearly read the words, then there was sufficient contrast...or if you could NOT read the words then obviously there was not enough contrast (ie. charcoal on dark grey).

In the same manner, 30.06 has other subjective wording. What is "conspicuous" manner of display and what is "clearly" visible to the public. Visible BEFORE you enter or only AFTER you enter. Both can be clearly visible.

In regard to your original question, my guess is that the majority of courts would rule that a person had been given constructive notice by the sign you describe, if all other requirements were met.

I certainly admit that I could be in error as IANAL. I would LIKE to be in error. But I wouldn't bet my right to carry, my freedom and my net worth on what some anonymous judge or jury might decide after the fact.

Good luck to you on your choice.

I would certainly contribute to the legal defense fund of someone wanting to be the test case.
Old 03-17-2007, 21:10   #5
Walter45Auto

Send a message via Yahoo to Walter45Auto
This was a good while back, and I left it in the car that night, cause I didn't know if it was posted. I walked in the door, saw NO sign. When I came out, I saw it, but the letters looked smaller than an inch, looked about 3/4", and I saw that they were white letters on clear SLIDING glass, which is why I couldn't see it walking in, CAUSE IT SLID OUTTA MY SIGHT. If ya ask me, It aint a conspicuously posted sign if It moves out of sight as you walk up to it. I was just wondering what you all thought.

EDITED TO ADD... It's not that much of a problem, as I dont go to a hospital on any regular basis. I was there visiting a friend who had just had a car wreck. But I didnt see it going in, and I LOOKED HARD.

Last edited by Walter45Auto; 03-17-2007 at 21:15..
Walter45Auto is offline   Reply With Quote