Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-24-2007, 16:20   #1
KYgundoc

Bored

Too sick to go out so I am reloading .40 S&W ammo. I was visiting my RR pictures that I have posted on Railpicures site and I think I want to share. I also need some hits to put my most popular picture on page one of the all time most looked at pictures on the site so I thought I would ask everyone here to give it a few hits.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=53517

Try all my pictures here

http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=1959

Check out the most popular picture it is right in Louisville.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by KYgundoc; 03-24-2007 at 16:27..
KYgundoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 18:08   #2
fryeg7

neat pics and well-done, dean.

frye
fryeg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 20:42   #3
SDGlock23
Glockoholic

Neat pics. I have a few on that site too, well, from back when I used to take pictures, but I never got into it too seriously. I work for the RR (NS) and was coming home today on a I2A and seen a couple of guys out taking pictures.
Old 03-24-2007, 21:20   #4
RTGAP

pics

Good pics, doc
Hope ya feel better soon.
RTGAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:48   #5
45gunner

Re: Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by KYgundoc
Too sick to go out so I am reloading .40 S&W ammo. I was visiting my RR pictures that I have posted on Railpicures site and I think I want to share. I also need some hits to put my most popular picture on page one of the all time most looked at pictures on the site so I thought I would ask everyone here to give it a few hits.

Try all my pictures here

http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=1959

Check out the most popular picture it is right in Louisville.
So when you feeling sick you load .40 cal and when your not you load 9 mm.

Are you going to the Kaps match?

Im going. It's my only perk for not going with Grady and having to baby sit my dog all week end.
Old 03-25-2007, 19:44   #6
TreehugginGlock

Good pictures, doc. I didn't know you were into taking pictures of trains. Not too shabby.

Sorry to hear you're feeling under the weather. Hope you feel better soon.
TreehugginGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 20:05   #7
45gunner

The real reason KyGunDoc didn't go to Kaps with Dom and I is he was afraid we would beat him.
Old 03-25-2007, 20:13   #8
KYgundoc

I did not waste my time while I was sick I loaded .40 ammo and was reading Brian Enos book. For what ever that is worth.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 03-25-2007, 20:15   #9
KYgundoc

Treehugginglock how was the trip and shooting in Memphis?

Old 03-25-2007, 20:20   #10
45gunner

Thanks for asking. Our trip went well
The funniest part of our trip is went Dom bought 100 WWB 9mm at Walmart then droped all of them just outside the entrace door.
Old 03-25-2007, 20:27   #11
KYgundoc

Quote:
I didn't have to ask because it is never a dull trip when Dominic is with you. Did your reloads make PF or was that the reason for the trip to Wally World?

Old 03-25-2007, 20:33   #12
45gunner

I believe Dom was concerted about ammo's PF.
His stuff just made it.

I made PF and then some. I lost my Cr speed Velcro belt and ended up Shooting my Glock. I shot CCI Blazer 180 gr. PF was 184. I had bought ammo for the Para but could not shoot it.
My Kimber .45 ammo's PF was about 171.

Shot my tuned Glock better that the Para.
Old 03-25-2007, 20:38   #13
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Send a message via AIM to domzilla9 Send a message via Yahoo to domzilla9
I thought the funniest part was when I asked Barry Ellis if an A-zone hit on another shooter's target (I was pasting) could be a double. If looks could kill, I'd be on the slab.

I'm exhausted. I should not have tried to run two guns today. I was happy to learn that my major loads made major (170.6) and my minor loads made minor (128.8) and that my crusty old 2nd gen guns with Lone Wolf barrels would run well in a match. Even the G21 with a chipped extractor ran like a champ.

Things I learned:

- Keep the gun in front of you.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- 15 spf "sun screen" ain't gonna cut it, not for a pasty white computer geek like me. I have minor sunpoisoning, which I am treating with Fuller's 1845 bottle conditioned ale.

Gundoc, I am sorry that you couldn't make it. Rock on. See you Tuesday.
Old 03-25-2007, 21:52   #14
TreehugginGlock

Quote:
Treehugginglock how was the trip and shooting in Memphis?
Had a blast and I didn't suck! I'm so excited. Made lots of new friends (yes, I do like to socialize) and cannot wait for my next match in Birmingham. Wound up hooking up with Lin Edwards and his wife Rosalee. Lin helped me out tremendously in giving me pointers and helping me figure out how to shoot each stage, plus relieving my anxiety from shooting my first match alone. It was so nice having a friendly familiar face around. Met Randi Rogers from Team Glock who shot a couple of stages with me. She was shocked to hear that that was my first IDPA match. Said I shot extremely well for my first match and she thought I'd been shooting for a while, which really tickled me. I got lots of tips from fellow shooters and ROs and had a few of my unconscious flaws pointed out to me that I will be working on before B'ham. Lots to do before April 14th. Just need to find an outdoor range for some good IDPA practicing, if possible, that's close by. Distance really bit me in the toukus on one stage (35 yards between barrels and hard cover while kneeling down and shooting around the rear bumper of a truck!). There were a few movers (like a clam shell) that I had some trouble with so I'll need to work on my speed before AL. I hear the fellow who sets up AL really loves movers and I have not had a lot of experience with movers yet, but I just need to work on my speed plus accuracy to tackle them.

I let a couple of ROs play with my Glock and it's new trigger job and both of them were very impressed. I think it really helped me out a lot. Thanks Dean. And thanks for the loaner for my backup. I won't be able to make Tuesday night this week, but I should be there on Thursday night. If you need your Glock before then, let me know and I'll meet you somewhere.

Well, those are some of the highlights of the trip. I'll fill you in on more details later. They have not posted the official results on their website yet, but I met my goal and I was not the worse shooter in the bunch.

Great experience, lots of fun and fantastic people. The facility is to die for too. Almost country club quality! I highly encourage my boys to at least look into this. It's tons of fun!
TreehugginGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 22:04   #15
gruntmedik
CLM Number 291
Honk Honk

Those are some cool pics!
Old 03-26-2007, 07:13   #16
Berretta9

Quote:
Originally posted by 45gunner
The funniest part of our trip is went Dom bought 100 WWB 9mm at Walmart then droped all of them just outside the entrace door.
The funniest part of that story is that Dom went into a Wallmart. I konw he finds them distasteful.
Berretta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:19   #17
Terminator

Quote:
I didn't have to ask because it is never a dull trip when Dominic is with you. Did your reloads make PF or was that the reason for the trip to Wally World?
Im just curious, but who drove?
Old 03-26-2007, 20:02   #18
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Send a message via AIM to domzilla9 Send a message via Yahoo to domzilla9
I drove. 45gunner rode shotgun. No one challenged the Ancient Volvo Warrior.
Old 04-21-2007, 19:07   #19
KYgundoc

OK I checked this picture today and it is on the top of the second page of the all time favorite pictures on this site. I need a little over 200 views to make Page 1. The guy who ownes the site this is on hates this type of picture and will just be livid if it make page one so look at it once a day for the next week and I am sure he will pop a vein if it makes page one. It already passed up his picture that made the cover of trains magazine so help me get to the first page just to see if I get a nasty e-mail from him.