Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2007, 19:17   #1
shywolf7
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SW Mich
Posts: 79
where to shoot near Holland?

Those of you in the area, where would you recommend I go to shoot?
shywolf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:21   #2
coverdog
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Southern US
Posts: 1,845
You can target shoot on most any state land that is not a park, recreation area or areas posted that no shooting is allowed. If it's open to hunting it should be fine. It is perfectly legal to shoot on state land any time of year without a hunting license. I like it better than any range and you can shoot any way you desire as long as it's done safely.
coverdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:49   #3
gsbell
Consumed
 
gsbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nolensville, TN
Posts: 3,605
You might want to look into a membership at Tulip City Rod and Gun Club. http://www.tcrgc.org
__________________
Greg
gsbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 14:10   #4
Tito
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,094
I am a member at Tulip City. It is a great place to shoot pistols and if you're interested they regularly have fun informal competitions, bowling pins, and informal USPSA type matches. I shot a fun match there this past Saturday, 3 stages, 16, 16, and 24 rounds we wrote down times but didn't score targets so we could move along faster.

The guys that run the club are really great guys too.
__________________
Glock is Borg. Resistance is Futile.
Tito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 17:06   #5
shywolf7
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SW Mich
Posts: 79
Thanks for the input guys. I'm actually already a member at Tulip City and shoot there quite often (right now, I'm only making it there every other week though). I was just thinking w/ the nice weather lately that it'd be nice to head outside to shoot some.
shywolf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:26   #6
Tito
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,094
If you want to shoot outside:

North Ottawa Rod & Gun Club is in Grand Haven
Chickowa Gun Club is southeast of Holland on Ottagan Road (I think).
South Kent Sportsman's Club is west of Dorr.
And West Walker Sportsman Club is in Walker
__________________
Glock is Borg. Resistance is Futile.
Tito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 14:12   #7
shywolf7
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SW Mich
Posts: 79
Thanks, I'll have to check them out.
shywolf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:55   #8
Tack
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: usa
Posts: 604
If you want a less busy place where you can run some drills, practice drawing, etc, I love Hamilton R&GC. Most of the time when I go, I am the only one there. I will be looking at joining up at SKSC myself this year for some competition though. Hamilton is great for practice since it is only a 15-20 minute drive from my house, but I want to get into NRA Highpower this summer.

TCRGC is a great place for shooting pistol during the winter, but other than that, it really doesn't have anything to offer. You have to pay membership to go there, then pay again to use the range, everytime. That really turns me off to it. The rifle range, albeit being a nice warm room for sighting in a deer rifle, sucks. You have to shoot through a little window and it's hard to see cause of the way they set it up.

Although some of the members are nice, I did get the feeling that if you were not in the clique, as it was back in high school , than you get kinda outed. I look at going to the range as more than just shooting, it's a chance to talk to people about shooting, and whats new in our world. I don't get to do that other than on sites like this one, or when I am with fellow gun buddies. Ask anyone else about this gun or that one and they look at you like you just called them the devil.
__________________
Hot chicks on the cover of a catalog? If it ain't porn, it's THE BLUE PRESS!
Tack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 18:25   #9
shywolf7
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SW Mich
Posts: 79
Tell me more about Hamilton R&GC. Where is it? I actually live in Hamilton, so it should be pretty close for me. It sounds perfect for what I'm looking for. I'm thinking along the lines of what you have posted doing there.

Also, I agree with what you have said about the rifle range at TCRGC so I'd like someplace with more for rifle. As for the atmosphere, I normally just go there, shoot and leave. But, I have chatted with several of the people there from time to time and they have all been very nice. And, it's great in the cold weather to be inside...

Quote:
Originally posted by Thumbtack
If you want a less busy place where you can run some drills, practice drawing, etc, I love Hamilton R&GC. Most of the time when I go, I am the only one there. I will be looking at joining up at SKSC myself this year for some competition though. Hamilton is great for practice since it is only a 15-20 minute drive from my house, but I want to get into NRA Highpower this summer.

TCRGC is a great place for shooting pistol during the winter, but other than that, it really doesn't have anything to offer. You have to pay membership to go there, then pay again to use the range, everytime. That really turns me off to it. The rifle range, albeit being a nice warm room for sighting in a deer rifle, sucks. You have to shoot through a little window and it's hard to see cause of the way they set it up.

Although some of the members are nice, I did get the feeling that if you were not in the clique, as it was back in high school , than you get kinda outed. I look at going to the range as more than just shooting, it's a chance to talk to people about shooting, and whats new in our world. I don't get to do that other than on sites like this one, or when I am with fellow gun buddies. Ask anyone else about this gun or that one and they look at you like you just called them the devil.
shywolf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 13:37   #10
Tack
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: usa
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally posted by shywolf7
Tell me more about Hamilton R&GC. Where is it? I actually live in Hamilton, so it should be pretty close for me. It sounds perfect for what I'm looking for. I'm thinking along the lines of what you have posted doing there.

Also, I agree with what you have said about the rifle range at TCRGC so I'd like someplace with more for rifle. As for the atmosphere, I normally just go there, shoot and leave. But, I have chatted with several of the people there from time to time and they have all been very nice. And, it's great in the cold weather to be inside...
They have a 25, 50, 100, and 200 rifle range. Not sure if it is Yards or Meters though. 3 table/benches for sitting while shooting. I usually just lay all my stuff up there and from there I usually starting running different draws, and run AR drills I picked up off AR15.com

Dues are 50$/year runs Jan. 1 to Dec. 31. No charges for daily use. Locked gate with combo lock you get the number for when you get your membership. You can go to Meril's Barber Shop in downtown Hamilton and ask about getting a membership there, or I have the address to the PO BOX where you can send a check to and ask for membership. Since it is a smaller club, there is no website, or email setup for contacting people. They have meetings I think on the 2 or 3rd tuesday or thursday of the month. Not sure cause I have never gone to one. I usually forget about it, or am working.
__________________
Hot chicks on the cover of a catalog? If it ain't porn, it's THE BLUE PRESS!
Tack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 16:31   #11
shywolf7
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SW Mich
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally posted by Thumbtack
They have a 25, 50, 100, and 200 rifle range. Not sure if it is Yards or Meters though. 3 table/benches for sitting while shooting. I usually just lay all my stuff up there and from there I usually starting running different draws, and run AR drills I picked up off AR15.com

Dues are 50$/year runs Jan. 1 to Dec. 31. No charges for daily use. Locked gate with combo lock you get the number for when you get your membership. You can go to Meril's Barber Shop in downtown Hamilton and ask about getting a membership there, or I have the address to the PO BOX where you can send a check to and ask for membership. Since it is a smaller club, there is no website, or email setup for contacting people. They have meetings I think on the 2 or 3rd tuesday or thursday of the month. Not sure cause I have never gone to one. I usually forget about it, or am working.
Thanks! Sounds like a great local place to shoot. I'll have to stop by Meril's sometime. Where in Hamilton is it? Kind of curious how far it is from my house.
shywolf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:05   #12
Tack
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: usa
Posts: 604
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...=1&sa=N&tab=wl

There is where it is at. 50th and 132nd Hamilton, MI ; it's about halfway down 50th south of 132nd on the west side of the street.

BTW shywolf7 you have PM
__________________
Hot chicks on the cover of a catalog? If it ain't porn, it's THE BLUE PRESS!
Tack is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:10.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 763
223 Members
540 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31