Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:37   #1
Unlocked
CLM Number 22
4 8 15 16 23 42

Letter from my congressman.

Well it's been a while since I have called wrote and e-mailed, but I did finally get a response from Barron Hills office yesterday regarding H.R. 1022. I just thought others might be interested in what he had to say. I'm not advocating or admonishing him here. Just posting the letter for others to see what's coming out of Dist9.

April 5, 2007

Dear Mr. ********,

Thank you for contacting my office regarding H.R. 1022, the Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007. I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this important matter.

Throughout my time as a legislator in the Indiana State Legislature and the U.S. Congress, I have been a proud supporter of gun owners' rights and will continue to work hard to protect your Constitutional right to bear arms. As a lifelong sportsman and gun owner, I understand the benefits of responsible gun ownership. Therefore, I am opposed to H.R. 1022 because I believe that it would place an undue burden on the right of our citizens to bear arms.

Thank you again for contacting me about this important issue. Please do not hesitate to call me at 202.225.5315 if there is anything else that I can do for you. If you would like periodic email updates about my Congressional activities, please visit http://baronhill.house.gov.

Originally posted by gtrcivic
ONLY IF EVERY HVAC GUY WAS LIKE YOU. 99% are not.
Unlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:27   #2
R. Emmelman
Tired Member

WOW!
Amateur Radio WI9NDY
Marion County EMA Communications Group
R. Emmelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:53   #3
jmb79

Heck, that's better than Steve Buyer's reponse to me. See: http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=680384
jmb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 18:23   #4
axel
Nov. 11, 1918

Isn't Baron Hill a Democrat and Steve Buyer a Republican?
Old 04-08-2007, 19:51   #5
rhino465

Send a message via Yahoo to rhino465
Not all Demos are anti-RKBA and not all Repubs are pro-RKBA.

Barron Hill was always pretty good on RKBA issues, which is why I wasn't too excited when he took his seat back.

I'm just hoping some of the "freshmen" Demo congress critters are as pro-RKBA as they claimed during the elections.
rhino465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 22:51   #6
StockGlock23
Hilarious!

Here are 2 letters I recieved back...

Dear Mr. StockGlock23:
Thank you for contacting me to share your concerns about the Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007. I appreciate knowing your opposition to this legislation.
I support the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens to possess firearms for sporting, collecting, and defensive purposes, and I support Indiana law related to the purchase and ownership of firearms. Indiana’s Constitution provides both a liberty and a property right to bear firearms, which is stronger Second Amendment protection than the residents of many states enjoy.
I also believe law enforcement should endeavor to keep guns out of the hands of convicted felons. Since my days as Mayor of Indianapolis, I have favored background checks for the purchase of firearms as a tool to target criminal possession of guns. I have supported movement to an effective instant check system as rapidly as possible so that checks will not delay the vast majority of gun purchases that are legitimate.
Should this legislation come to the Senate Floor for consideration, I will follow its progress closely with your concerns in mind.
Again, thank you for contacting me. Knowing your thoughts is helpful to me.
Sincerely,
Richard G. Lugar
United States Senator

-and-

Dear Mr. StockGlock23,
Thank you for taking the time to contact me about Second Amendment rights. I value your views, and your input helps me to better represent the people of Indiana's Second District in Congress.
I strongly believe in protecting our constitutional right to keep and bear arms. In Congress, I will work to see that a law-abiding citizen's right to own firearms is not infringed.
In Indiana, thousands of people safely own guns for protection and sport. I do not think they should have to pay for the acts of criminals through unnecessary or overly burdensome new laws. We should work to see that existing laws are enforced better to keep guns out of the hands of those who should not have them and that people who use firearms to commit crimes are punished to the fullest extent of the law.
Thank you again for contacting me about this important issue. Please do not hesitate to write, call or email me again if I can ever be of assistance. Sincerely, Joe Donnelly
Member of Congress
Old 04-09-2007, 06:12   #7
rhino465

Send a message via Yahoo to rhino465
Re: Here are 2 letters I recieved back...

Quote:
Originally posted by StockGlock23

. . . I support the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens to possess firearms for sporting, collecting, and defensive purposes, and I support Indiana law related to the purchase and ownership of firearms. . .

Ah, I see that Mr. Lugar and/or the people answering his correspondence are still spouting the same lies.

NEVER FORGET that Sen. Lugar and former Sen. Coats were two of the Republicans that helps the so-called "assault weapon ban" pass by one vote in 1994.

His record on RKBA issues hasn't improved, although the lip service continues. While we must contact him and urge him to oppose such legislation, don't expect it to actually happen. Richard Lugar is no friend of gun rights or individual liberty in general.
rhino465 is offline   Reply With Quote