Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-10-2007, 22:24   #1
Andrewsky

I'm Upset Boys--Even a Touch Offended

So, I was sitting at the computer tonight, minding my own business, reading GT, as always. My mom sits down next to me and says that my neighbor told her that in Texas "if you're in traffic and someone looks at you the wrong way, you can shoot them." These are the exact words. Immediately, this grabbed my attention, and my mom said it's a new law.

I figured this must be the Castle Doctrine law and I made sure to set her straight about what it actually is. I also pointed out that Texas isn't an absolute gun paradise--open carry of pistols is prohibited.

Jeez, what the heck is wrong with people!
Andrewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 22:27   #2
norris7430
GUNAHOLIC

+1 for education
H&K P7M8 ,Glock 27 ,Glock 19,Sig 229r equinox .40,Kahr PM9,Kel-Tec P3AT,Kimber Aegis,DPMS Agency ar15 ,niner's club# 1974,mn glockers club #001,black rifle club #0101
norris7430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 22:33   #3
Mac Truck
God Bless TX

Re: I'm Upset Boys--Even a Touch Offended

Quote:
Originally posted by Andrewsky
My mom sits down next to me and says that my neighbor told her that in Texas "if you're in traffic and someone looks at you the wrong way, you can shoot them." These are the exact words. Immediately, this grabbed my attention, and my mom said it's a new law.

Yes. It is also a requirement for citizenship here that you must own a 1976 Cadillac and know the difference between breeds of cattle on site. You are also allowed to sexually violate any woman that looks good and are not required, merely asked, to pay for expensive electronic equipment in stores...

WTF??? I would hope that common sense would prevent someone who has reproduced to believe that, Andrew! There is no city here called "Red Dawn,TX". (not that there shouldn't be, keep in mind)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

12703 Shiloh Church Rd
Houston, TX 77066 (Keymap Pg 370G)
***Also home to Frontline Field Services and Investigations***
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Mac Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 22:42   #4
JimmyMN
Veteran Member

Maybe when she said that she thought it was April 1st....
JimmyMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 22:51   #5
Andrewsky

Re: Re: I'm Upset Boys--Even a Touch Offended

Quote:
Originally posted by Mac Truck
Yes. It is also a requirement for citizenship here that you must own a 1976 Cadillac and know the difference between breeds of cattle on site. You are also allowed to sexually violate any woman that looks good and are not required, merely asked, to pay for expensive electronic equipment in stores...

WTF??? I would hope that common sense would prevent someone who has reproduced to believe that, Andrew! There is no city here called "Red Dawn,TX". (not that there shouldn't be, keep in mind)
I've never really been to Texas. Crossed through the panhandle once and also flew into the Dallas airport.

But I do hear that everyone there has a 4x4 with a confederate flag on the backlight.

I also hear that instead of saying "Good Morning" people say "God defend the right," referring to the right to own slaves.

I'm not moving to Texas. I don't want to get shot!
Old 04-10-2007, 22:51   #6
Stupid

Good, nobody would look at me in a wrong way then.

Imagaing, if that's true, how many bullet hole I would get for checking out girls drive besides me?
Stupid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 23:19   #7
Mac Truck
God Bless TX

Re: Re: Re: I'm Upset Boys--Even a Touch Offended

Quote:
I've never really been to Texas. Crossed through the panhandle once and also flew into the Dallas airport.

But I do hear that everyone there has a 4x4 with a confederate flag on the backlight.

I also hear that instead of saying "Good Morning" people say "God defend the right," referring to the right to own slaves.

I am both 37% dumber, and about 100% GAYER (0% to begin with!) for having read this. You have to be pulling my leg. I REFUSE to believe that someone would be this moronic.

12703 Shiloh Church Rd
Old 04-10-2007, 23:26   #8
Mac Truck
God Bless TX

Why, I was just at the convenience store yesterday, purchasing a Lone Star beer and a box of .50's. I approached the door just as a cowboy hat weilding gentleman with cowboy boots and a confederate bandana was leaving. He held the door for me, and I tipped my own cowboy hat as a courtesy. We both greeted each other with "God Defend the right...", you know, because we both belong to the same Klan.

Andrew, for the sake of everything holy, read a damm book on Texas or google it or something. This is asinine.

12703 Shiloh Church Rd
Old 04-10-2007, 23:38   #9
Andrewsky

So, how well do you personally know George W. Bush?

Hey, what does "God Defend the Right" actually mean?

Be sure to tell us how many border jumpers you get (dead or alive) when you go down to sit on the Rio Grande in a lawn chair with your rifle and horse this weekend.

Old 04-11-2007, 00:22   #10
IxR6

Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm Upset Boys--Even a Touch Offended

Quote:
I am both 37% dumber, and about 100% GAYER (0% to begin with!) for having read this. You have to be pulling my leg. I REFUSE to believe that someone would be this moronic.
Steers and queers, my friend. I guess Gunny was right.
IxR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 00:24   #11
Wasatch
was "Patronus"

Quote:
So, how well do you personally know George W. Bush?

Hey, what does "God Defend the Right" actually mean?

Be sure to tell us how many border jumpers you get (dead or alive) when you go down to sit on the Rio Grande in a lawn chair with your rifle and horse this weekend.
This has gone way off topic and has gotten way too weird. I'm going to bed. Maybe things will have straightened themselves out by morning.

As for lack of education and downright stupidity, I've heard plenty of it: I used to work in the local utility company's call center.

Plenty of to go around.

Wasatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 00:30   #12
Cokeman
G23

Re: Re: I'm Upset Boys--Even a Touch Offended

Quote:
Yes. It is also a requirement for citizenship here that you must own a 1976 Cadillac and know the difference between breeds of cattle on site.
The requirement is that you have to own a 76 Cadillac with bull horns mounted on the front of the hood. You don't know crap about Texas.
Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9
Cokeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:58   #13
Arbee

Re: I'm Upset Boys--Even a Touch Offended

Quote:
So, I was sitting at the computer tonight, minding my own business, reading GT, as always. My mom sits down next to me and says that my neighbor told her that in Texas "if you're in traffic and someone looks at you the wrong way, you can shoot them." These are the exact words. Immediately, this grabbed my attention, and my mom said it's a new law.

I figured this must be the Castle Doctrine law and I made sure to set her straight about what it actually is. I also pointed out that Texas isn't an absolute gun paradise--open carry of pistols is prohibited.

Jeez, what the heck is wrong with people!
Well, she almost got it right. If you're in traffic and someone looks at you the wrong way, you can shoot them, but only if you're in your pickemup truck and going less than 85 mph, no earlier than 30 minutes after sunrise and 30 minutes before sunset. (Safety comes first, you know.) No good if you're in a Honda.
Arbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:59   #14
Mac Truck
God Bless TX

Quote:
Originally posted by Cokeman
The requirement is that you have to own a 76 Cadillac with bull horns mounted on the front of the hood. You don't know crap about Texas.
Touche'. Verrrry funny... I just didn't want anyone to mistake us for claiming Boss Hogg. He's over in Georgia.

12703 Shiloh Church Rd
Old 04-11-2007, 02:36   #15
Cokeman
G23

Oh yeah.
Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9
Cokeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:13   #16
Blitzer
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to Blitzer Send a message via Yahoo to Blitzer
An aside: I once worked for a telemarketer who also contracted with the NRA. (I should have gone for that opening at first instead of non-profit organizations.) Anyway I told one of the other associates, a little sheep like woman, I wanted to transfer to the NRA branch. After that she told people I frightened her. After I was let go she told a friend of mine who was 16 year employee there that I said, "I should come in here one day with a gun and not leave until there was no one left standing!"

Freaking asshats.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:50   #17
Danno6102

What!!!???? You can't just shoot someone for looking at you funny????

That's the whole reason I applied for my CCW permit! Well, not going to need that anymore. Anyone want to buy a slightly used like new G19?

Uneducated public is scary sometimes...
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:52   #18
Lykoi
Pavlov's Wolf

Send a message via AIM to Lykoi Send a message via Yahoo to Lykoi
to truly set the record straight... those cadillacs with bull horns are a bit appalchian in origin... some freaky deaky wanna be cow roper thought they looked cool and then somehow we get stuck with it...

what you are required to have is a tow rope, a cooler, and something on a truck frame... without which you are truly useless in my state.

You are also required to ignore LoneStar beer as a whole, and hereby redeemed by the greatness that is Shiner Boch. Russian beer, made by germans, in Texas... best combination EVER

you are also required to know how to drive said SUV/truck whilst shooting at cow theives, without damaging said vehicle.

You are required to say ya'll, and stop calling it soda and pop or any variations therof... it is simply a coke - (specify brand)

You are required to try ranch dressing on everything, even if you hate it the first time... you still have to try it.

You are required to go mudding and/or rut riding at least once... and must get stuck once
Old 04-11-2007, 06:32   #19
DJTeancum
922(o)=tyranny

Quote:

I really hope this kid is joking. If not, these statements make his mom's neighbor's statement look ingenious
"The Hughes Amendment" was passed late in the day when most pro2A reps had gone home. Charles Rangel refused multiple requests for a recorded vote, then passed it after an unrecorded voice vote. Witnesses say it didn't pass. :steamed:
DJTeancum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:26   #20
Mac Truck
God Bless TX

Quote:
Originally posted by Lykoi

You are also required to ignore LoneStar beer as a whole, and hereby redeemed by the greatness that is Shiner Boch. Russian beer, made by germans, in Texas... best combination EVER

CAN I GET AN "AMEN"???!!!!!!

...Lone Star Beer was never the same after the big brewerey bought it out. The original brewer was so inconsistant that most can's had a different alcohol content, depending on the batch!

12703 Shiloh Church Rd