Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-11-2007, 06:12   #1
Houngan

Question about CCW, non-resident

I see that Alabama and Kentucky have reciprocity, but after reading the state's online laws, it seems that the only law that addresses where you may carry states that you can't carry in any business or property that you don't own. In particular, this section:

§ 13A-11-52. Carrying pistol on premises
not his own; who may carry pistol

Seems to be exceptions for LEO and the such, but doesn't state the exception for license holders. Is there another set of laws that outline where you CAN carry?

H.
Houngan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:08   #2
h2o-5o
Owned by Pugs

Section 13A-11-52
Carrying pistol on premises not his own; who may carry pistol.
Except as otherwise provided in this article, no person shall carry a pistol about his person on premises not his own or under his control; but this section shall not apply to any sheriff or his deputy or police officer of an incorporated town or city in the lawful discharge of the duties of his office, or to United States marshal or his deputies, rural free delivery mail carriers in the discharge of their duties as such, bonded constables in the discharge of their duties as such, conductors, railway mail clerks and express messengers in the discharge of their duties.

Section 13A-11-73
License to carry pistol in vehicle or concealed on person - Required.
No person shall carry a pistol in any vehicle or concealed on or about his person, except on his land, in his own abode or fixed place of business, without a license therefor as hereinafter provided.

Alabama Weapon Laws, from the Attorney General's Office

Last edited by h2o-5o; 04-11-2007 at 07:13..
h2o-5o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:43   #3
Houngan

Right, but I'm not seeing where it "provides" anywhere else in the article for CCW holders, just for LEO.

H.
Houngan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:02   #4
mossy500camo
ammo found

Re: Question about CCW, non-resident

It all seems so foreign to me. Cops tell me that I can carry just about anywhere as long as I have my CCW on me.

BUT... From what I do understand from the LAWS of AL, even for residents. We cant carry concealed anywhere but in our vehicles or home.

so.. Tell me... If I visited someone like a friend, relative, etc home. I cant carry my gun in their homes? And we pay $25 a freaking year to carry in our vehicles!

Last edited by mossy500camo; 04-12-2007 at 12:54..
mossy500camo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 23:04   #5
GRR

I belive what it means is that if you don't have an Alabama permit (or reciprocal) you can carry only on your own property. If you have a permit you can carry most anywhere (except courthouse, airport secure area, etc.) Some businesses prohibit employees from carrying. The "provides" is as h2o-5o indicates, Section 13A-11-73.
GRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 16:00   #6
Vestri Vinco

Quote:
Originally posted by GRR
I belive what it means is that if you don't have an Alabama permit (or reciprocal) you can carry only on your own property. If you have a permit you can carry most anywhere (except courthouse, airport secure area, etc.) Some businesses prohibit employees from carrying. The "provides" is as h2o-5o indicates, Section 13A-11-73.
GRR is correct. with out a permit you can only carry on your own property. The places that are prohibited from your ccw are listed on the license.
"A man must know his destiny… if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder… if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it." --General Patton
Vestri Vinco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 16:53   #7
FireForged
Millenium #3936

It is much easier if you commit to memory the 'places' that you can-NOT carry.

oops.. GRR has already covered it.

Last edited by FireForged; 04-27-2007 at 16:56..
FireForged is offline   Reply With Quote