Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-19-2007, 19:17   #1
Berretta9

GLPSC April 19 scores

The match was called " A little bit of this and that". The title reminds me of something else but thats another story for another time.
This match was designed to make you think a little instead of just blasting away but aparently required too much thought for a few of us including myself.
There were four steel, two D-1 , two IPSC and one with 5 smaller targets on one piece of paper. At the buzzer you flipped over a playing card with had a number from one to five. The number on the card was your target on the sheet of five. You had to shoot one of the 8" round poppers first then 4 on each of the other targets. Somewhere in the middle you needed to do a mag change. You had to be carefull with the D-1 targets as they added time to your overall run if your hits weren't A's or B's. Take the score and devide by the time and this is what you get.

1. Dean F. 2.123
2. John W. 1.776
3. Matt G. 1.065
4. Dave M. 1.064
5. Greg H. .5835
6. Claude W. .5689
7. Leigh Ann. .4706
8. Erick B. .3106

Sad truth is, I designed the stage and I forgot and shot the wrong target on the sheet of 5. It was fun though.
Berretta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 19:20   #2
45gunner

Re: GLPSC April 19 scores

Quote:
Originally posted by Berretta9
The match was called " A little bit of this and that". The title reminds me of something else but thats another story for another time.
This match was designed to make you think a little instead of just blasting away but aparently required too much thought for a few of us including myself.
There were four steel, two D-1 , two IPSC and one with 5 smaller targets on one piece of paper. At the buzzer you flipped over a playing card with had a number from one to five. The number on the card was your target on the sheet of five. You had to shoot one of the 8" round poppers first then 4 on each of the other targets. Somewhere in the middle you needed to do a mag change. You had to be carefull with the D-1 targets as they added time to your overall run if your hits weren't A's or B's. Take the score and devide by the time and this is what you get.

1. Dean F. 2.123
2. John W. 1.776
3. Matt G. 1.065
4. Dave M. 1.064
5. Greg H. .5835
6. Claude W. .5689
7. Leigh Ann. .4706
8. Erick B. .3106

Sad truth is, I designed the stage and I forgot and shot the wrong target on the sheet of 5. It was fun though.
So what does that say about your thinking Beretta.

Ray would have been proud of you thinking up this match.
Old 04-19-2007, 19:34   #3
TreehugginGlock

fun....speak for yourself, sparky. I don't like it when they mix up the type of target that have different scoring techniques, especially when I didn't realize it. Oh well, guess that's what I get for getting there so late and not being able to see others shoot before I took my turn. This shoot just put the icing on my cake for the day. Knew I should not shoot when I walked in so late. Had a feeling it would not go my way

Thanks for letting me vent anyway boys. Sometimes it's just good to blow off steam. I just wish one time that when we shoot on a Thursday, I'm actually able to work on a skill instead of figuring out what catch there is to the game that night. I know we get bored sometimes, but this one was pretty darn bizzare between cards, metal targets, plates, different targets and different scoring techniques. I think Greg had too much time on his hands.
TreehugginGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 19:36   #4
45gunner

Quote:
Originally posted by TreehugginGlock
fun....speak for yourself, sparky. I don't like it when they mix up the type of target that have different scoring techniques, especially when I didn't realize it. Oh well, guess that's what I get for getting there so late and not being able to see others shoot before I took my turn. This shoot just put the icing on my cake for the day. Knew I should not shoot when I walked in so late. Had a feeling it would not go my way

Thanks for letting me vent anyway boys. Sometimes it's just good to blow off steam. I just wish one time that when we shoot on a Thursday, I'm actually able to work on a skill instead of figuring out what catch there is to the game that night. I know we get bored sometimes, but this one was pretty darn bizzare between cards, metal targets, plates, different targets and different scoring techniques. I think Greg had too much time on his hands.
Yea you were even venting on me about me kidding you in the past and I was trying to get you a reshoot.

Really getting a reshoot because you did not have the rules explained to you is a legit.

You know the person that masterminded this did not score a whole lot better than you did so in a way you got revenge on him.

Last edited by 45gunner; 04-19-2007 at 19:39..
45gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 20:27   #5
TreehugginGlock

Quote:
Originally posted by 45gunner
Yea you were even venting on me about me kidding you in the past and I was trying to get you a reshoot.

Really getting a reshoot because you did not have the rules explained to you is a legit.

You know the person that masterminded this did not score a whole lot better than you did so in a way you got revenge on him.
I appreciate that you tried to get me a reshoot and in hind sight I probably should have gone for it. I was just not having a good day all the way around, so maybe I was too tough on you. I didn't mean anything by it. I was just teasing you like you tease me. I just get disappointed with myself that I can't just put my gear on, have the course of fire reviewed with me briefly, then fire away and come up with a decent score like the rest of you guys seem to do. I'm just wanting to be at that level and I'm frustrated that I'm not. Guess that's just going to come with practice and focus. What would help me is if someone like you would help me to understand what the focus should be on the scenario de jour...speed, accuracy...instead of waiting until after I've shot my string and screwed up to explain it. That could really help me learn what to watch for. Would you do that for me?
TreehugginGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:31   #6
Houngan

Quote:
Originally posted by TreehugginGlock
I appreciate that you tried to get me a reshoot and in hind sight I probably should have gone for it. I was just not having a good day all the way around, so maybe I was too tough on you. I didn't mean anything by it. I was just teasing you like you tease me. I just get disappointed with myself that I can't just put my gear on, have the course of fire reviewed with me briefly, then fire away and come up with a decent score like the rest of you guys seem to do. I'm just wanting to be at that level and I'm frustrated that I'm not. Guess that's just going to come with practice and focus. What would help me is if someone like you would help me to understand what the focus should be on the scenario de jour...speed, accuracy...instead of waiting until after I've shot my string and screwed up to explain it. That could really help me learn what to watch for. Would you do that for me?
It's a good idea to always go for 95% of the points (make C zone hits rare, rather than acceptable) and let the speed increase as it will. Always focus on points, or you're training yourself to always shoot outside your ability zone.

H.
Houngan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:43   #7
Berretta9

Ofcourse you could always design a stage yourself.
Berretta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 15:28   #8
glockguy609
A self portrait

Send a message via Yahoo to glockguy609
I was kinda bummed that I missed the shoot, but now..... maybe it was a good night to work late. Plus it meant I got off early today. Hope to see you guys next week.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
glockguy609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 15:42   #9
45gunner

Quote:
Originally posted by Berretta9
Ofcourse you could always design a stage yourself.
Thats it. TreeHuggin can design the next one.

I liked it. It brought back old memories of Ray's. The only thing missing was the clay pigeons.

You can't always please everyone.

BTW Good shooting KyGunDoc.

I shot pretty well while using my Df Kylex single stack mag holders made by the one and only KyGunDoc.

GunDoc can make you a belt magazine holder for ANY magazine that is much better than any of the commerical ones.

Last edited by 45gunner; 04-20-2007 at 16:31..
45gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 21:53   #10
cwshootersupply

Of course he can he's the GunDoc and can do anything Ok maybe not everything
I need to get me some Kydex and try my hand at it.
Good shooting and see you next week.
CEW

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

cwshootersupply is offline   Reply With Quote