Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-21-2007, 22:05   #1
pjva04
Snub Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to pjva04
Gonzaga knocks out Cro-Cop

My god, what a knockout! I was thinking Gonzaga would be PO'd Herb Dean stood them up, but I guess I underestimated his stand up. Cro-Cop's knee and ankle looked pretty bad on the fall, but he walked out on his own power.

BTW, Arlovski threw up another stinker.
Old 04-21-2007, 22:15   #2
ksglocker
9mm Phaser

Re: Gonzaga knocks out Cro-Cop

Quote:
Originally posted by pjva04
My god, what a knockout! I was thinking Gonzaga would be PO'd Herb Dean stood them up, but I guess I underestimated his stand up. Cro-Cop's knee and ankle looked pretty bad on the fall, but he walked out on his own power.

BTW, Arlovski threw up another stinker.
I agree on both paragraphs. Another "I don't wanna get knocked out" fight from AA. He's just not the same.

For the other, I was a little annoyed when Herb stood them up given the way Gonzaga was punishing CC on the ground, but whoa. You just can't predict how this stuff will go anymore.

Maybe CC got caught taking the UFC's heavyweight division a little too lightly.
Every once in a while declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
ksglocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 20:20   #3
walangkatapat

Damn Spike! Had my DVR set for 1100 Sunday to record the rerun, instead I got the Godfather.
Old 04-25-2007, 19:25   #4
Islander-11
Meat detective

I love the UFC but I'm pretty sure that the bookmakers don't...

Great fight, unreal knockout!
Old 04-25-2007, 23:13   #5
gr81disp
Bushbot v1.0

Send a message via AIM to gr81disp
The Martial Arts Forum

The Martial Arts Forum

The Martial Arts Forum

If liberals interpreted the Second Amendment the way they interpret the rest of the Bill of Rights, there would be law professors arguing that gun ownership is mandatory.
gr81disp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:46   #6
pjva04
Snub Lover

Nice gr81disp That clip show it a little, but his knee and ankle looked grotesque when they folded under him. Herb Dean's eyes belied the "oh *****" look when he went to straighten it out. Luckily, it doesn't look like any real damage was done.

That one reminded me of the Rashad Evans knockout of Sean Salmon. BRUTAL
Old 05-23-2007, 07:20   #7
OldRonin

This clip is a keeper

Great clip to see, thanks!

This is a great example of the "sweet spot" I've been teaching my students for years to hit for a KO. Look real close, and you'll see the foot connects just above and behind the ear. A quick palm heel there gives you the same effect. You bring your palm heel in in a whipping "roundhouse" kind of circle, and you can get your hand around behind an opponent's hand that he's holding up to guard himself at head level. Just swing it around in a quick slapping motion behind his guarding hand and put that palm heel into the "sweet spot", and they'll crumble just like you see here.

It sends a shock wave right into the mid-brain/brainstem, where the raphe nucleus is located, which is one of the major switchboard-like centers of the brain. Even if the guy doesn't drop to the floor immediately, once he's hit there he'll be in a daze for at least 10 seconds, and you can do any follow-up you want, and he won't respond to it. So if he doesn't drop completely when you hit him with it, try to quickly uppercut with your palmheel that snaps his head back as a follow-up shot, or a quick hook to the tip of the chin. He'll be too dazed to block, and he'll drop like a rock.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:29   #8
pjva04
Snub Lover

John,

Thanks for the book. That is a very good read and recommend it to anyone with children.

Phil
Old 05-23-2007, 14:47   #9
Halojumper

Send a message via AIM to Halojumper Send a message via Yahoo to Halojumper
Re: This clip is a keeper

Quote:
Originally posted by OldRonin
Great clip to see, thanks!

This is a great example of the "sweet spot" I've been teaching my students for years to hit for a KO. Look real close, and you'll see the foot connects just above and behind the ear. A quick palm heel there gives you the same effect. You bring your palm heel in in a whipping "roundhouse" kind of circle, and you can get your hand around behind an opponent's hand that he's holding up to guard himself at head level. Just swing it around in a quick slapping motion behind his guarding hand and put that palm heel into the "sweet spot", and they'll crumble just like you see here.

It sends a shock wave right into the mid-brain/brainstem, where the raphe nucleus is located, which is one of the major switchboard-like centers of the brain. Even if the guy doesn't drop to the floor immediately, once he's hit there he'll be in a daze for at least 10 seconds, and you can do any follow-up you want, and he won't respond to it. So if he doesn't drop completely when you hit him with it, try to quickly uppercut with your palmheel that snaps his head back as a follow-up shot, or a quick hook to the tip of the chin. He'll be too dazed to block, and he'll drop like a rock.
You can also get that point with the radius portion of your forearm by reaching around his head slightly.
Halojumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 20:25   #10
OldRonin

You're right about using the head of the radius bone, I forgot to mention that. A ridge-hand will also do it, but I think the radial head is actually harder and will work even better. Good point!

What I love about this technique is it whips right around the guy's arm he puts in front of his face to cover himself. He thinks he's protected, but he's not. Tee-hee!

Old 05-23-2007, 20:28   #11
OldRonin

Quote:
Originally posted by pjva04
John,

Thanks for the book. That is a very good read and recommend it to anyone with children.

Phil
I'm glad it was useful for you. Be safe.

Old 06-22-2007, 11:48   #12
TRMN8R
Lifetime Membership
Cage Fighter

Quote:
Originally posted by OldRonin
What I love about this technique is it whips right around the guy's arm he puts in front of his face to cover himself. He thinks he's protected, but he's not.
I agree with you, generally speaking.

However, there's absolutely NO way Mirko thought he was "protected", as he continued dropping his hands lower and lower as the kick came in. It was nothing short of inevitable that he was gonna' get creamed by that kick.

Even so, I'm still in shock how that whole fight went down. Like Cro Cop, I made the fatal mistake of under estimating Gonzaga.

Man, you just never know...
P30S V1
XDM-40 Tactical
A butt-load of P7's...
TRMN8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:52   #13
gr81disp
Bushbot v1.0

Send a message via AIM to gr81disp
If you watch, for some reason Mirko thought that kick was going to his body and went to block it and BOOM! Nighty-night.

If liberals interpreted the Second Amendment the way they interpret the rest of the Bill of Rights, there would be law professors arguing that gun ownership is mandatory.
gr81disp is offline   Reply With Quote