Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-26-2007, 22:38   #1
emt1581
Curious Member

Anyone watch PCN yesterday? ...Crime and Gun Violence

VERY interesting coverage!

It seemed like the overwhelming number of questions and support were geared towards the pro-gun side of things

It was pretty entertaining when the anti's spoke. They semed soooo enraged!...The pro-gunners were very calm. Just an observation.

Anyone else catch it?

Thanks!

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 23:35   #2
emt1581
Curious Member

Are you kidding me!?!?!

All of you so focused on the new bills being proposed and NONE of you saw it...either you're being bashful or it's just a coincidence that not one other PA GTer caught it...?

Which do you think?

-Emt1581
Old 04-28-2007, 23:38   #3
tat2guy
Silver Membership
NRA Life Member

Unless it's PCN Factory Tours, I don't usually stop when I click past PCN. Any idea if it'll be rebroadcast and when?

Factory Tours is the business.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
tat2guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 19:23   #4
CZ_40P

PCN Discussion

7:00 PM PCN Call-In: PA Gun Laws - LIVE
Rep. Harold James, D-Philadelphia
Rep. Steven Cappelli, R-Lycoming County

This will re-air Tuesday at 9:00 am.

I just sat through this diatribe by Rep. Harold James with a rebuttal by Rep Steven Cappelli.

This was painful to watch, no matter what was asked, James would just go into his prepared rant. "We have a gun problem in Philadelphia. We need these changes to stop the problem"
Period! Every call, every question got the same answer.

Rep Cappelli did a great job with his calm rebutals, but James would repeat the same crap. Almost all callers were Pro-gun
Old 05-07-2007, 19:41   #5
CZ_40P

There is no Problem in Philadephia.

The current murder rates in Philadelphia are higher than some of the immediately previous years..............However if you can find the figures for Phillys murder rate BEFORE the gun laws were liberalized in 1995 you will find they were were MUCH higher. And don't forget that back then the PPD had a habit of under reporting to keep the crime figures down.

Today's high rates are still less than in the eighties and early nineties. Back then Philadelphia residents and other Pennsylvanians could not easily carry a gun. After preemption in 1995, the rates went down. Now that the thugs are killing each other again they want to take away the protection from the very folks who need it.

Every law these Dumo-Quacks want to pass will do NOTHING to stop the THUGS.

Last edited by CZ_40P; 05-07-2007 at 19:46..
CZ_40P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 19:46   #6
emt1581
Curious Member

Re: There is no Problem in Philadephia.

Quote:
Originally posted by CZ_40P
The current murder rates in Philadelphia are higher than some of the immediately previous years..............However if you can find the figures for Phillys murder rate BEFORE the gun laws were liberalized in 1995 you will find they were were MUCH higher. And don't forget that back then the PPD had a habit of under reporting to keep the crime figures down.

Today's high rates are still less than in the eighties and early nineties. Back then Philadelphia residents and other Pennsylvanians could not easily carry a gun. After preemption in 1995, the rates went down. Now that the thugs are killing each other again they want to take away the protection from the very folks who need it.

Every law these Dumo-Quacks what to pass will do NOTHING to stop the THUGS.
In all honesty, I'm wondering what IS the answer? I mean you can't arrest 50% of Philly, and you can't take the rights away from those who need them most...the law abiding hard working citizens...so what do you do??

I'm anxious to see the re-air, I really appreciate the heads up!

Thanks!

-Emt1581
Old 05-08-2007, 04:36   #7
CZ_40P

There is no Answer

The problem is deeper that just guns or drugs. The problem is a generation of young people who grew up with no direction.
Parents who don't parent, produce children who are self-centered and anti-social. They grow up to be angry, self absorbed thugs, who think that rap videos are real. Who get their moral values from M-TV and the likes of Snoop Doogy Dog,
and the gangsta crew.
They grow up thinking the world OWES them something because they are black. They should some how get a pass when they mess up ,because of what happened to their ancestors .
We have a news media that panders to the victim mentality because they are afraid of telling the truth.
That is why all of these black politicians are pushing all of these irrelevant and silly new laws. They want to do appear to be doing something, but haven't a clue what. God forbid they tell the truth.

I am reminded of Jack Nicholson in "A Few Good Men". You know the scene were he says " The TRUTH!, You can't Handle The TRUTH!"
Old 05-08-2007, 07:53   #8
emt1581
Curious Member

Re: There is no Answer

Quote:
Originally posted by CZ_40P
The problem is deeper that just guns or drugs. The problem is a generation of young people who grew up with no direction.
Parents who don't parent, produce children who are self-centered and anti-social. They grow up to be angry, self absorbed thugs, who think that rap videos are real. Who get their moral values from M-TV and the likes of Snoop Doogy Dog,
and the gangsta crew.
They grow up thinking the world OWES them something because they are black. They should some how get a pass when they mess up ,because of what happened to their ancestors .
We have a news media that panders to the victim mentality because they are afraid of telling the truth.
That is why all of these black politicians are pushing all of these irrelevant and silly new laws. They want to do appear to be doing something, but haven't a clue what. God forbid they tell the truth.

I am reminded of Jack Nicholson in "A Few Good Men". You know the scene were he says " The TRUTH!, You can't Handle The TRUTH!"

I'm glad you said it!

I can't agree with you more and I WORK with these kids so I can back you up 99% on everything you said. However, I also work with a ton of kids who THINK they are living a rap video, but they aren't black. Some are hispanic, some are white, some are mixed.

Now that you hit the nail on the head with the problem...what's the solution? And either way, what's the eventual result?...I think it'll be a bigger and worse problem that exponentially repeats itself from now till doomsday.

Thanks!

-Emt1581