Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-13-2007, 13:31   #1
Raoul Duke

The Big Reno Show

Hope to see all of you No. Nevada GTers at the Big Reno Show this weekend at the Grand Sierra Resort, formerly the Reno Hilton. Should be a good show; it usually is.

If you happen to see an old fart with gray hair and glasses walking around carrying an SKS, it just might be me.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Raoul Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 18:55   #2
ZIPGRAVER
Glock Engraver

Well I went today and it is a nice show but mostly for collectors and old guns. Prices seemed about right for this show...HIGH... and the dealers were the same as the last show. I was amazed by how crowded it was...on Friday.

They had some nice evil black ugly guns there that I would like to get my hands on but every time I touched one it kind of burned my fingers with the HOT prices. I saw some used Glocks going for more than new ones. Go figure. Good example of high prices were the Ruger 10-22s. Most used ones were going for between $190-$250....SHEEEZ! Walmart has them for $179 NEW. What the hell is the matter with these dealers. I saw a used Glock 22....I mean really used... for $500.00. Guess he didn't rally want to sell it.

I did buy three pair of needle nose pliers for making pocket watch chains.... I wear them out so fast I have to buy 3 pair every show. And the beer was real cold.

I think most of the dealers are from California. They can't sell the guns in their own state so they have to come here and try.
www.zipgraver.com
ZIPGRAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 20:28   #3
Raoul Duke

I went today and it was packed. I agree that prices were high on just about everything I saw. AR mags for $30, factory Mini 14 mags for $52 and of course the $225 used 10/22.

I didn't go there to buy though. I brought a Yugo SKS to see if I could sell it. It took me about 45 minutes and I got $225 for it. I paid $135 for it a few months ago. All in all not a bad day.
Raoul Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 17:31   #4
jlavallee

Yep, I almost bought an AR off a private seller at the last one but other than that, the shows here are horrible. When I lived in Ohio we actually had shows with decent selection, prices and lots of sellers. Oh how I miss the Ohio gun shows...

Track bills in Congress and tell politicians your opinion. www.popvox.com
jlavallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:26   #5
Goldendog Redux
Shut your mouth

I went to the Last Big reno Show. I will never go to a gun show again.

MF