Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-27-2007, 18:23   #1
robotoid

Transfer FFL Recommendation in SE MI

I'm looking at possibly selling a few guns on Gunbroker or a forum classifieds ad. I am looking for a recommendation or someones experience with a SE Michigan-Suburban Detroit area FFL holder/dealer who would do the outgoing transfer for me (and not cost an arm and a leg). Anyone have someone they use or recommend? I expect to pay some "reasonable" transfer/paperwork fee plus the shipping costs of an outbound gun sold.
robotoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 22:15   #2
10 Ring Tao
Red White Blue

You don't need an outgoing FFL.

You send directly to the receiving FFL, and the buyer either pays shipping or you can split it with the buyer.

Visit to help!!-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
10 Ring Tao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:08   #3
MC350

You're choice, but if you use a FFL, they can ship thru the post office which is less than $20. UPS & FEDEX will cost you between $40-$50 dollars. So if you get a FFL that only charges $20, you're ahead a few bucks. You don't give your location but Gun World in Metamora is only $20 transfer fee.
MC350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:19   #4
centennial

Quote:
Originally posted by 10 Ring Tao
You don't need an outgoing FFL.

You send directly to the receiving FFL, and the buyer either pays shipping or you can split it with the buyer.
That is, providing the receiving FFL will accept a transfer from a non-licensee.
Many will not.
Ask first. It will save you a big headache.
centennial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 11:54   #5
dougwtx

As mentioned, if the receiving FFl can accept from a non-FFl, you can ship yourself. If you decide to use an FFl for your outbound, Gunbroker and AuctionArms have links to show transfer dealers by zip. I have not used him yet for incoming, buy Ken Kubin in Farmington Hills gets positive remarks from forums and only charges $15 for incoming.
dougwtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 14:57   #6
ZIPGRAVER
Glock Engraver

Also keep in mind you can send a long gun through the mail. Only handguns have to be sent common carrier.

I find it disgusting that you have to ship UPS or Fedex overnight because UPS can't control its own employees. This overnight crap was put in place by UPS to cover their ass and then picked up on by the ATF as another form of gun control.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
ZIPGRAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 18:10   #7
robotoid

US Mail a FFL holder can send a handgun for around $20. UPS and FEDEX are about 3-4 times that, since they dictate overnight priority service. If I had to put $60-80 shipping costs on a gun auction listing, I'd never get a sale! Some gun dealers/shops don't even know you can legally US mail handguns. The 1 handgun I bought on Gunbroker arrived at my local gunshop USPS Priority Mail, and they'd never seen that and didn't think it was legal (they were wrong, as usual).
robotoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 13:34   #8
Chui

Try THE FIRINGLINE on Hix Rd. in Westland.
Old 05-05-2007, 16:46   #9
mac66
Plant the seed

I often use the UPS Store (formally Mail Boxes Inc) near my house. They never have required or charged me for next day air for handguns and I don't remind them. The UPS Store(s) are franchises and many owners don't care much about UPS rules when shipping.

You might want to find one that won't charge you for next day delivery.

mac66 is offline   Reply With Quote