SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:14   #1
Prometheus77
GOA - RWVA

Pro 2a get together in NW Indiana?

I see the guys from down south have alot of fun, what about those of us near the armpit of the midwest (aka sickago)?

Anyone up for it in NW Indiana AO?
Prometheus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:26   #2
rhino465

Send a message via Yahoo to rhino465
I hope you get some good responses.

In addition to making some genuine RKBA-related progress (in my opinion), I think our group that meets in Speedway has been a good thing for all of us. In addition to exchanging information and ideas and coordinating our efforts, we've also made some friendships that might not otherwise have happened. Well, the other guys have ... I hate them all.

You (and all others) are welcome to join us any time, by the way. I know it's a long haul, but if you're ever in town, please join us!
rhino465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 22:12   #3
Prometheus77
GOA - RWVA

Thank you for the invite, I know alot of people from the boards (not just GT) are in this area, we rarely can make anything happen however.

The wife and are wanting to get down for an Indy gun show we'd spend teh night so maybe one of the get togthers might line up the night before or something.

==============

Me, my wife and a fellow GT'er will be at the Willow Slough gun range this Saturday morning shooting, anyone else up for it let us know.
Old 05-05-2007, 18:12   #4
Pitmaster

I would be interested, but I don't have Glock. After balancing everything I went for a Walther P99, .9mm, as my first pistol purchase. I'm sure I will end up with at least one Glock during the next year. Either a .40 or .45.

I'm in South Bend.
Walther P99 Club #2985
Big Dawg #1540

TriggerMountain.com
Pitmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:34   #5
biggl35
NFA user

Quote:
Originally posted by Pitmaster
I would be interested, but I don't have Glock. After balancing everything I went for a Walther P99, .9mm, as my first pistol purchase. I'm sure I will end up with at least one Glock during the next year. Either a .40 or .45.

I'm in South Bend.
These get togethers have nothing to do with owning a Glock.

Our meetings that we have in Indy are for Pro 2A talks, among other topics.

Like rhino mentioned, you will meet like minded folks and make friendships with people that you would otherwise never cross paths with. Hell, I am a tow turck operator, one other gentlemen has a PHD in chemistry and another has a masters in chemistry as well (IIRC).

rhino has got me hooked on USPSA shooting, which was something I had always wanted to try I just didnt know how to get started.

In the end, you will meet like minded people, and for some folks that can be very difficult.
Old 05-06-2007, 17:49   #6
MakeMineaP99
Got SIG?

I'm in South Bend too. I'm itching to open carry...Any plans in the works?
MakeMineaP99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:17   #7
Prometheus77
GOA - RWVA

Quote:
Originally posted by MakeMineaP99
I'm in South Bend too. I'm itching to open carry...Any plans in the works?
You're the first to reply.. No real plans as of yet, ironically enough I was over in the south bend area this weekend. Went over to midwest gun exchange.

I'm out of Hammond, but willing to make a centeral drive to help things out.

There's got to be more of us up here.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:23   #8
minuteman32
NRA & GOA Life

If you guys get a meeting set up, let me know & I'll try to drive up for it. We've (rhino465, big craig, me & others) have started having pro 2a meetings in Speedway, almost weekly.
minuteman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:50   #9
Prometheus77
GOA - RWVA

Quote:
Originally posted by minuteman32
If you guys get a meeting set up, let me know & I'll try to drive up for it. We've (rhino465, big craig, me & others) have started having pro 2a meetings in Speedway, almost weekly.
Will do. I'd love to have something monthly setup. I know you guys do the open caary meetings, how do you get a handle on which establishments to choose prior to showing up?
Old 05-07-2007, 13:35   #10
minuteman32
NRA & GOA Life

We chose our meeting place by having been there individually before. I frequented the Grindstone Charley's & knew/recognized several of the servers/mgrs. Originally, we had a seperate room, but as the group size decreaced to 4-5, we just got a couple of tables. Since we are usually very friendly, we have not had any issues w/ the open carry (the few that do sometimes). It is kind of interesting to watch people, though. Some notice, some don't.
minuteman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 14:54   #11
Prometheus77
GOA - RWVA

Cool, I've got to do some open carry up here, but alas most times I'm going to I don't want the hassle.

I think I'll wait and OC carry with my wife and the kids. I tried to talk my wife into open carry on Saturday at the valpo walmart, but she didn't feel like it...

We would have been matching too, we both ewre carrying matching bitone XD9's and dual mags on the other hip... maybe next time
Old 05-07-2007, 18:42   #12
ChrisK

You can count me in. I live in the North Judson/San Pierre area and work in South Bend.
1911 Club #871
Niners Club #871
KC135R Hydraulic Tech
ChrisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 18:03   #13
B Coyote

This sounds like a good idea.... Like minds should gather on occasion to discuss important things and eat.

bc
B Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 21:01   #14
Prometheus77
GOA - RWVA

Awesome, anyone know of any places to make this happen at?

I know we have one guy in south bend and I'm in Hammond, I would think that it'd need to be no futher west than I65 for sure and very close to I80 which should make drive time for most a max of 1 hour.

I'm a Floridian so I don't know the area east of I65 very well to suggest places out that way, but I'm open to ideas and my GPS can get me anywhere... mostly
Old 05-10-2007, 13:24   #15
Azrael

Send a message via AIM to Azrael
I might be interested, I live near Lafayette but my parents live on a farm near Culver, I might make the trip up. Pretty busy at least through Memorial Day tho.
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 19:10   #16
Lt Scott 14

Read your post and am interested in a coffee/meeting or something.Live near Rt 10 and I65.There are a couple of truck stops at Rt2 and I65 near Lowell,In, or there is a Bakers Square off Rt30 and Mississippi,near Westfield Mall.Use to meet other Deputies there for coffee. The average table is for 4-6 people, and if you aren't having food fights they are pretty cool about hanging out.I do tip the staff generously.(Not over due,just to put up with us)Send me e-mail and I'll keep in contact.
Old 05-11-2007, 19:26   #17
Pitmaster

I would suggest someone setting a date, time, and location. Everyone's schedule will not coincide. Better to just start to meet and go from there.
Walther P99 Club #2985
Big Dawg #1540

TriggerMountain.com
Old 05-11-2007, 19:40   #18
Prometheus77
GOA - RWVA

Email sent Scott.

Truck stop for coffee, bakers square for pie.

I've heard that meetings get a better turn out when 'punch and pie' is mentioned
Old 05-12-2007, 08:45   #19
salemons

I'm in the Michigan City area and would be interested in a get together. Someone determine a date, time & location and will see if my schedule fits.
salemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 18:01   #20
Prometheus77
GOA - RWVA

How about something easy the first time around?

Crown Point gun show next saturday? Maybe noon at the food area or something?
Old 05-12-2007, 20:10   #21
rhino465

Send a message via Yahoo to rhino465
You guy should all try to attend the Natural Resources Commission meeting in Peru on Tuesday (15MAY07) too. Details are in another topic.

You could then socialize afterward before returning home.

I'm going to try to be at the meeting too.
rhino465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 12:37   #22
salemons

I'm plannin to be @ the Crown Point show Saturday and lookin in the food area around noon . Might suggest this get together to some of my friends also. Hope to see someone there that knows about this group cuz I'm just taggin along.
In reference to an earlier post about this, remember you can open carry at a gun show just can't be loaded

Last edited by salemons; 05-13-2007 at 12:39..
salemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 15:30   #23
Pitmaster

There's an USPSA shoot in Niles, MI and I was going to go watch that, but may change them. Might I suggest those that show up make a tag that says GlockTalk to help make the first couple of identifications. Or the first their grab a table and stick a sign on it.

BTW, Is Crown Point on Indy or Chicago time?

Who puts on the Crown Point gun show?
Walther P99 Club #2985
Big Dawg #1540

TriggerMountain.com
Old 05-13-2007, 15:46   #24
Sajer

I'd like to meet up with you guys but I'm working at Midwest when they do the Crown Point show so no go for me.

Prometheus77:

You and I have shot togther a few times at the Jasper Pulaski range, but it has been a few years since that time. I think it was shortly after you moved to the area and a guy named Camel and I joined you, Greg and Gopher(?) for a shoot.

If you guys get this going I would make the drive from the Bend when I could. Again I do work at Midwest when they need me so gun shows would not work unless it is on a Sunday.

That area is on Chicago time.
Sajer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 16:08   #25
Pitmaster

Quote:
I'd like to meet up with you guys but I'm working at Midwest when they do the Crown Point show so no go for me.
Midwest in Elkhart or South Bend?
Walther P99 Club #2985
Big Dawg #1540

TriggerMountain.com