Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-02-2007, 20:04   #1
point4zero

Eastern NC Glockers

If you're a shooter in driving distance of Goldsboro, NC, please shoot with us at Eastern North Carolina Gun Club. For a long time, this area was severely lacking in the way of gun ranges, but now there is one. I personally use to drive over an hour to use a range, but they opened up 3 minutes from my house! They're still building some new stuff and expanding and they have a lot to offer. It's an outdoor range, the prices are good, and rifles are welcome. BTW, you don't need to own a Glock.

I was there breaking in my G19.

Carolina Glockers

references: Timor, dusty78, bdkdave, MortimerP, Robj1962, scrh1, SIGShooter, illusionld
point4zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:14   #2
jcshelto

Are you referring to the Eastern N.C Shooter's Club in Goldsboro?

I am a member and go as often as I can. I've lived in Goldsboro for a couple years, and I was so happy to finally get a shooting range. It is a great range; it's one of the best ranges I've been to, actually.

I wonder if I've seen you there? What do you usually shoot?

-Julian
jcshelto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:34   #3
point4zero

I had been going to Shooter's in Rocky Mount, and I actually shot out at ENCGC yesterday for the first time. That's pretty bad considering I only live 3 miles from the range. I'm going to be creating and managing the new website for Ken. I was out there yesterday doing some videos and taking pictures. The range really does have a lot to offer, and I'm so glad it's finally here. I can remember when they were breaking ground on it; I never thought they'd get it finished fast enough! I have to drive past it, to and from work everyday, and it's difficult to not want to ditch work. Be sure to keep an eye on the web site. The URL is www.encgc.com. Provided I get all the content I need, it should be fully completed in about a week (I hope). Maybe I'll see ya there sometime.

Quote:
I am a member and go as often as I can. I've lived in Goldsboro for a couple years, and I was so happy to finally get a shooting range. It is a great range; it's one of the best ranges I've been to, actually.

I wonder if I've seen you there? What do you usually shoot?

-Julian [/B]

references: Timor, dusty78, bdkdave, MortimerP, Robj1962, scrh1, SIGShooter, illusionld
Old 05-03-2007, 13:40   #4
jcshelto

Quote:
Originally posted by point4zero
I had been going to Shooter's in Rocky Mount, and I actually shot out at ENCGC yesterday for the first time. That's pretty bad considering I only live 3 miles from the range. I'm going to be creating and managing the new website for Ken. I was out there yesterday doing some videos and taking pictures. The range really does have a lot to offer, and I'm so glad it's finally here. I can remember when they were breaking ground on it; I never thought they'd get it finished fast enough! I have to drive past it, to and from work everyday, and it's difficult to not want to ditch work. Be sure to keep an eye on the web site. The URL is www.encgc.com. Provided I get all the content I need, it should be fully completed in about a week (I hope). Maybe I'll see ya there sometime.
That's very cool! I always thought Ken needed a website. What I am most excited about is the 'crack den' type house that will be built on the range; if I am not mistaken, Ken will be doing CQC type training in the house. I am not sure if that idea is set in stone, but I've heard it a few times.

I didn't even know the range existed until last summer. I was taking Ken's CCW course, and I was floored when he said he had an operational range. I think I said "I'd like to sign up, now!"

I am going to try and go sometime this weekend, but ammo prices have been killing me. When each trigger pull costs a quarter, I really start to re-think how often I can go to the range.

-Julian
jcshelto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 15:31   #5
point4zero

I hope that we can get a lot of us local shooters to support it, and perhaps even get GSSF out there. I really want that range to stay there a long time. Sometimes from my house, I can hear shooting out there and it makes me happy. It wasn't open today, but it would have been a great day to shoot; overcast and cool. Here are some pics from yesterday.

Carolina Glockers
Carolina Glockers
Carolina Glockers

Last edited by point4zero; 05-03-2007 at 15:37..
Old 05-28-2007, 09:51   #6
Glockster35
Silvrst8hlstr

Send a message via AIM to Glockster35 Send a message via MSN to Glockster35 Send a message via Yahoo to Glockster35
Finally someone posted about this range.

I have been out there to scope it out, it is very nice so far!

I will be getting my membership shortly!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Glockster35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:18   #7
Glockster35
Silvrst8hlstr

Send a message via AIM to Glockster35 Send a message via MSN to Glockster35 Send a message via Yahoo to Glockster35
Any idea when the website will get done?

Old 08-24-2007, 12:11   #8
point4zero

Quote:
Originally posted by Glockster35
Any idea when the website will get done?
I'm still waiting on some info from owner. He's a busy man. If you haven't been out there recently, they've broken ground on the new additions. It's going to be a very nice range when it's all completed.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:03   #9
Glockster35
Silvrst8hlstr

I drove by a while back and it looked like they were adding a lot of real estate, I have yet to become a member of this range. The main thing stopping me is the lack of information on-line about it, and their fees.

I also have free use of the base pistol range whenever I want it, so I am in no hurry to shoot elsewhere for the time being, but I do want to shoot my rifles at something more than 25 meters!