Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-13-2007, 20:01   #1
IbuyDEC

Grand Opening of Peabody Sports in Kettering

It's been mentioned before on this forum, but Peabody Sports grand opening is Saturday April 14th (tomorrow).

They are on Wilmington Ave in Kettering.

http://www.peabodysports.com/

I've purchased a few Glocks from them and they are good folks!

Their website says free hot dogs, etc at the Grand Opening, as well as other specials.

They are a class 3 dealer so I'm going to check into see what it takes to own one. Then I have to convince my wife it's a good idea!

I am not associated with them, but like their service so I'm recommending them to everyone.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:13   #2
Brian Dover

Friend of mine made it there on Saturday, was impressed, gave Peabody the thumbs-up. I like the notion that they are actually GLAD to help with transfers on firearms bought online from out-of-state dealers. This contrasts with many other gunshops in the region, who either won't do a transfer, or are unfriendly (and/or expensive) when it comes to this practice.
Old 04-16-2007, 18:28   #3
Pistol Pedro
NRA Member

I stooped in with a buddy on Saturday for their Grand Opening. Filled out a ticket for door prizes and purchased a couple G19 magazines. I haven't received a phone call stating I won a prize. Oh well...

Friendly people and prices were very competitive. I would like to see some more stock, but the overall size of the store is rather small and might prohibit keeping to much stock on hand.

All and all, a very nice store close to home. I will shop there again for sure. Hell, I might even end up buying my next Glock from them.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:07   #4
IbuyDEC

I ate a free hot dog, got my knife sharpened for free, and bought a Keltec pocket gun. Saturday was a good day at their grand opening.

I am impressed and will be back again. This was my 4th gun purchase from them.

Keep up the great work!
Old 05-04-2007, 11:32   #5
glockman513
CCW Instructor

WOW, am I shocked. I just called Peabody and asked for directions, guy was kinda short and boarderline rude. I explained that I live in Cincinnati and only work in Kettering a few days a month and wanted to check the new store out, and that I'm not familiar with the area. Utterly unwilling to try to be helpful with directions, said
"I don't know where you are" when I told him what street I was on, then tried to cut the call short. I had expected as much for him to ask someone else, or help try to figure out where to go from where I was. Being a new store, I would think you would do whatever you can to help a potential customer find your store. YOU JUST LOST MY BUSINESS! I know where I'm NOT ever going to buy anything! I quit purchasing guns from Target World because of the lousy staff, and started going to Dan down in Loveland at Shooter's Supply. I was hoping these guys might be cool to deal with, but oh well, I'll stick with Shooters Supply.

Rant off.
glockman513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 17:34   #6
crowkiller
Got Liver?

Loveland Shooters' Supply

crowkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 18:19   #7
IbuyDEC

You may have caught the shop at a point where only one employee was there and he had 14 folks in line at the counter. I'm self-employed and nearly a one man show myself and I've had to cut a phone call short based on the tasks at hand. I'm not saying it's right, just that if someone is overwhelmed with customers things happen.
<p>
The shop is worth the trip in my opinion. I've found that google maps is far better than anyone trying to give me directions over the phone at any business.
<p>
I'm saving up for my next gun purchase which will be from Peabody Sports.
Old 05-04-2007, 20:41   #8
Peabody

TO: JSH008

As the Principal owner of Peabody Sports, I apologize if you feel you weren't treated correctly. I can assure that our staff is quite friendly and knowledgable. I'm not sure of all the details of your call, but I certainly hope you give us a 2nd look and not judge your entire future business on one call. Should you come back in, please ask for me personally and I will do my best to take care of your needs.

I have spent a lot of time and money to give the defense and tactical shooting public a quality place to buy weapons and asscessories. Please give us a "look see" and ask for me!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Peabody; 05-04-2007 at 20:43..
Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 06:48   #9
crowkiller
Got Liver?

Re: TO: JSH008

Quote:
Originally posted by Peabody
As the Principal owner of Peabody Sports, I apologize if you feel you weren't treated correctly. I can assure that our staff is quite friendly and knowledgable. I'm not sure of all the details of your call, but I certainly hope you give us a 2nd look and not judge your entire future business on one call. Should you come back in, please ask for me personally and I will do my best to take care of your needs.

I have spent a lot of time and money to give the defense and tactical shooting public a quality place to buy weapons and asscessories. Please give us a "look see" and ask for me!!
This is the kind of service that I look for and will one day make it to your shop because of this. But if not I see yall at the gun shows all the time. Thank you for being interested in your customers.
crowkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 20:15   #10
glockman513
CCW Instructor

Thank you for your interest, and response. I will stop in next time I'm in that area. I usually work in Kettering 3 or 4 days a month. I will stop by and check it out!
glockman513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 19:50   #11
Turtle Dude

Re: TO: JSH008

Quote:
Originally posted by Peabody

I was the attorney who incorporated Shooters Supply Shop and I cannot say enough about them. I also spend alot of time at Targetworld, and find the staff to be very good. Sure, every once in a while things aren't perfect and when the place is backed sometimes the staff gets a bit overwhelmed. You would be hardpressed to find someone who knows as much about the AK family of rifles as Joe C.
I consider most of the people, from the owner on down to be friends of mine.

that being said, I have bought stuff from Peabody's at the Dayton gun show and find their staff to be be friendly and helpful. The last show I bought a pair of the mamba magazines from a young lady and I would be happy to buy more stuff from them in the future.
Turtle Dude is offline   Reply With Quote