SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-07-2007, 12:41   #1
mend
Lets roll

Where to go camping in Utah?

Me and my buddies want to go on a shooting/camping trip. We would like somewhere reasonably remote but accessible by car where shooting and fires are ok. Any ideas?
"Expecting a carjacker or rapist or drug pusher to care that his possession or use of a gun is unlawful is like expecting a terrorist to care that his car bomb is taking up two parking spaces." -Joseph T. Chew
mend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 14:14   #2
GixxerSixxer
Phil Deez Nutz

What part of the state?

There's the San Rafael Swell that's BLM land. It will be hot down there. I was in Tusher's Canyon North of Green River last weekend and had a lot of fun.

There's the Uintah mountains that's forest land.

Out on Stansbury Island you can shoot.

Near Grantsville has camping options.

Past 5-mile pass area (past the FARM) you can shoot. You can't shoot in the 5-mile pass area though. I rabbit hunt near the Faust train station. Out past Fairfield.

I think you can shoot out near Dell but you run the risk of encountering more dirt-bikers and 4-wheelers now.

There are plenty of places to camp/shoot near Fruitland.

I don't know much about camping in Northern Utah.
GixxerSixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 17:06   #3
Sambolijah

There are some areas north of Strawberry resevoir where you can camp and shoot.
Old 05-08-2007, 19:24   #4
mend
Lets roll

Whereabouts is Faust train station? I am familiar with Strawberry but I didnt know you could shoot out there. Is there a specific area? Rabbits would be alot of fun.
"Expecting a carjacker or rapist or drug pusher to care that his possession or use of a gun is unlawful is like expecting a terrorist to care that his car bomb is taking up two parking spaces." -Joseph T. Chew
mend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 22:10   #5
GixxerSixxer
Phil Deez Nutz

Quote:
Originally posted by mend
Whereabouts is Faust train station? I am familiar with Strawberry but I didnt know you could shoot out there. Is there a specific area? Rabbits would be alot of fun.
It's past 5-mile pass, if you're coming from Cedar Fort, Fairfield area on highway 73. You have to get off 73 and head toward Vernon. If you stay on 73 then you just get sent toward Stockton, Tooele, and Erda

Faust station is about 6 miles south of the Tooele Army Depot and maybe 12 miles North-East of Vernon. If you're taking Highway 36 South to Vernon then you just turn East toward the railroad track about 8 miles before Vernon.

If you use Google maps you can see Faust marked on there right along the railroad track.
GixxerSixxer is offline   Reply With Quote