This should be interesting:

>Source link: Tampa Tribune<
------------------------------------
Man Says Gun Shop Owner Attacked Him
Posted May 12, 2007 by TBO.com
Updated May 12, 2007 at 10:14 PM
By Chris Echegaray
The Tampa Tribune

PINELLAS PARK - A handgun was accidentally fired inside the Knights Shooting Sports shop and its owner is accused of attacking a customer on Friday night, according to Pinellas Park Police.

Nicholas Slawkawski, 21, of Alachua County, drove with two friends to practice shooting at the Knights Shooting Sports, a shooting range in Clearwater.

Slawkawski placed his Colt Defender, with the clip attached, on the counter when an employee fired the gun, striking a candy machine. No one was injured, police said.

Slawkawski said the owner, Mark Martenfeld, pushed him from behind and threw a chair across the room. Slawkawski said he explained it wasn’t his fault and has filed charges against him.

“He has a temper,” Slawkawski said. “He almost pushed over the counter for no reason. I will go to every hearing and make sure I see it to the end.”

Efforts to reach Martenfeld were unsuccessful.

Police are investigating the case as a battery charge against Martenfeld and are referring the case to the state attorney’s office, according to Pinellas Park Police Department Captain Sanfield Forseth.
-------------------------------------

Knight Shooting Sports on the web @ knightshooting.com

Last edited by Mr. Blandings; 05-13-2007 at 01:34..
Mr. Blandings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:27   #2
Bucky69
True Gravity

Quote:
with the clip attached,
"Clip?" Another example of how reporters do not do their homework and research and just report. Anyway, I don't blame the shop owner for being PO'd. The idiots brought a loaded weapon into his store when the shop probably has a no loaded weapons policy in place. That being said, the owner did assault and batter the idiot - can't do that.

G17 (2d gen) G19, G26(x2), G20, G27(x2), G29, G21, G21SF (x3), G30, G36 (x2) THE 9's THE 10's and THE 45's. G22 (2d gen), G23, G23C, G35 my four .40's.
Bucky69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 11:22   #3
Mr. Blandings

This is one of the comments that has been posted on the Tampa Tribune website under the news article cited above:
Quote:
Posted by Ryan Rountree, st. petersburg, fl on 05/13 at 10:58 AM

I was in the store at the time of the incident. The owner did not tackle him at all. He took control of the situation and handled it like any smart adult would do. There are 6 signs before you enter the store that state not to enter with a loaded firearm. I heard the idiot (the firearm owner) say to the owner he didn’t know it was loaded.
Incidents like these should not be aired unless you’ve heard both sides of the story.
Mr. Blandings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 15:08   #4
DennisP

I actually know Mark, due to my agency shoots at Knights. He is a very good guy and I will give him the benifit of the doubt. I wasn't there and I don't know the whole story.

Dennis P.
BIG DAWG #548
DennisP is offline   Reply With Quote