kippjones

Quote:
Originally posted by orginialc-rock
We need to cause more chaos.
I disagree.
Old 06-24-2007, 13:16   #22
orginialc-rock

why?

Why not get their feet on the fire? Get them on the defense, dealing with issues.

Look if state government closed on July 1st. How much better would things be?

They need us more than we need them.
orginialc-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 13:30   #23
hotpig
CLM Number 211
IAFF Local 4766

So what you are saying is you really are not pro 2nd amendment. You are the type of person that shows up at a peaceful demonstration with a mask on your face and start fires and throw rocks at the police.Maybe an Anarchist not a Patriot.
Old 06-24-2007, 13:34   #24
orginialc-rock

YOu really think SHTF if our state government closed for a few days?

I didnt say anything about throwing rocks. I am just saying it would be nice to see the DMV closed. Too see CAGE out of work for a few days.

PEople will still be able to get food, or eletric. Those aint run by government.

People will surive. Maybe some will realize we dont need as much government around either from such.

So what if Blago has to drive to springfield himself, instead of taking a jet each day??

c-rock

orginialc-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 13:27   #25
WPD80
The Example!

C-Rock, I admire your fight for our rights as gun owners. I however must agree with hotpig, I have been lurking in this forum for a few years now... I have always seen Hotpig as a big gun advocate. I however think that the approach of milita's is the WRONG way. I truly think you see this too. You stike me to be a very smart person. I also want to thank you for your efforts.

I am not affilated with Hotpig nor am I paid by him

I just think that the Milita thing is a little overboard.....

P.S. I am a Chief of Police in Illinois whom belives that we should have CCW here in Illinois. I vote and joined the NRA.....

Thanks again for your efforts...

Tom
WPD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 14:55   #26
kippjones

Quote:
why?

Why not get their feet on the fire? Get them on the defense, dealing with issues.

Look if state government closed on July 1st. How much better would things be?

They need us more than we need them.
See my post earlier in the thread.
Old 06-26-2007, 14:57   #27
kippjones

Quote:
Originally posted by WPD80
C-Rock, I admire your fight for our rights as gun owners. I however must agree with hotpig, I have been lurking in this forum for a few years now... I have always seen Hotpig as a big gun advocate. I however think that the approach of milita's is the WRONG way. I truly think you see this too. You stike me to be a very smart person. I also want to thank you for your efforts.

I am not affilated with Hotpig nor am I paid by him

I just think that the Milita thing is a little overboard.....

P.S. I am a Chief of Police in Illinois whom belives that we should have CCW here in Illinois. I vote and joined the NRA.....

Thanks again for your efforts...

Tom

Tom,
Thank you for your service.
Old 07-13-2007, 22:44   #28
similac95

Quote:
When you going to realize it doesnt matter what you wear?
ok now this is my 1st post on this forum so I'm not gonna go to silly for that comment but i cant stress how much it does matter.

1st impression is everything. i think I've heard that said a few times.

If i go to court for anything it matters.
If i go to a job interview it matters.
If i get pulled over for speeding it matters

When you dress like that it just puts fuel on the fire when you need damn fire extinguisher. I guess it would be like arguing with someone that you are not a stoner and then wearing a t-shirt with a weed leaf on it. your just proving a point not making a argument. not to mention unless you are highly educated you are not going to do anything but give the suits something to laugh about at happy hour.

I have actually been looking into becoming a private investigator just so i can carry. i guess ill do what i gotta and email who i have to. but i do know im not gonna go to a place like that with a "killem all and let god sort em out" tshirt on and expect to make a difference.
similac95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 23:02   #29
Jeff82
CLM Number 237
NRA Benefactor

Re: No wonder we are losing our rights

Quote:
Originally posted by hotpig
Check out the T shirt this guy chose to wear. It makes us look like a bunch of nut jobs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zIdP3j9Rkw
What? Why? By acknowledging the fact that he's subject to the law as explained in USC Title 10, Subtitle A, Part 1, Chapter 13, para 311?

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/ht...1----000-.html

You owe dude an apology.

And shame on those of you that have allowed the lib-tard left to warp your mind into thinking a militia is a bad thing!!

(Organized groups of people agreeing ["conspiring"] to break laws are rightfully called "gangs" not "militias" who support laws.)

"A Republic, if you can keep it." B. Franklin, 1787, outside Independence Hall

There's not "good" or "bad" muslims, only those true to their book and those that aren't, yet...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Jeff82; 07-13-2007 at 23:12..
Jeff82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 23:09   #30
hotpig
CLM Number 211
IAFF Local 4766

Read the rest of this thread before thinking that I owe him anything. It is a hard uphill fight in this state. Sometimes people who mean well go about things the wrong way.
Old 07-13-2007, 23:11   #31
similac95

Re: Re: No wonder we are losing our rights

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jeff82
What? Why? By acknowledging the fact that he's subject to the law as explained in USC Title 10, Subtitle A, Part 1, Chapter 13, para 311?

You owe dude an apology.
[/QUOTE

would be great if thats what people associated militia with and not hillbillies with 2 teeth shooting at everything they see.
Old 07-13-2007, 23:17   #32
Jeff82
CLM Number 237
NRA Benefactor

Quote:
Read the rest of this thread before thinking that I owe him anything. It is a hard uphill fight in this state. Sometimes people who mean well go about things the wrong way.
And I suppose you're the one with the calling to determine the "right way"?

He states a fact and you get on his case for it? Who the "H" are you?

And I did read the entire thread. That's why I edited my post. Quit playing BS footsie with these idiot politicians. Say what you mean, mean what you say. Quit letting them decide (change) the definitions of words.

Right is right, dagnabit!

Do not let them dictate terms!

There's not "good" or "bad" muslims, only those true to their book and those that aren't, yet...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Jeff82; 07-13-2007 at 23:23..
Old 07-13-2007, 23:19   #33
Jeff82
CLM Number 237
NRA Benefactor

Re: Re: Re: No wonder we are losing our rights

[QUOTE]Originally posted by similac95
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff82

You owe dude an apology.
[/QUOTE

would be great if thats what people associated militia with and not hillbillies with 2 teeth shooting at everything they see.
Then get your education from a dictionary and legal reference site instead of the MSM. Your job is to be eternally vigilant and not to be a sheeple.

Old 07-13-2007, 23:39   #34
similac95

wasnt talkin about myself there killer. talking about the politicians that are trying to pass all these laws. we have all seen the video of the woman who had no idea what one of the items were in her bill. if that woman heard the word militia she would think "omg i hear they shoot poor little deer with rocket launchers". besides who wants to be book smart. bush never read a book in his life.
Old 07-13-2007, 23:46   #35
hotpig
CLM Number 211
IAFF Local 4766

Maybe I need to make this simple to understand.

There are two groups of people standing on opposite sides of a line.

One group has more people than the other. This group has the majority of people in it so they elect rule makers. The rule makers make rules that both groups have to follow.

Many people in the small group are trying to get people from the much more powerful group to join them.They are particularly trying hard to get the rule makers to cross the line to the small group.

Unfortunately there are some people in the small group that have decided that heckling the rule makers was a fun thing to do.

The rule makers do not want to associate with people who make trouble. It would cost them votes from the majority to do so.
Old 07-14-2007, 00:04   #36
Jeff82
CLM Number 237
NRA Benefactor

Quote:
Maybe I need to make this simple to understand.

There are two groups of people standing on opposite sides of a line.

One group has more people than the other. This group has the majority of people in it so they elect rule makers. The rule makers make rules that both groups have to follow.

Many people in the small group are trying to get people from the much more powerful group to join them.They are particularly trying hard to get the rule makers to cross the line to the small group.

Unfortunately there are some people in the small group that have decided that heckling the rule makers was a fun thing to do.

The rule makers do not want to associate with people who make trouble. It would cost them votes from the majority to do so.
So the guy stating the fact is the heckler?

The problem is we've all been drawn into playing this political game. We will never win without an educated populace. The politician needs an ignorant electorate to hold onto power. We can start by teaching them (the large group) the real meaning of "militia"...

Some things majority rules and in some, like the Bill of Rights, there is simply right and wrong. Dude with the militia shirt is right. He's not in the wrong. The idiots with the skewed idea of what it is need to be corrected, not the other way around. "Move up to standard, not drop down to dumb."

Old 07-14-2007, 00:07   #37
Jeff82
CLM Number 237
NRA Benefactor

Quote:
Originally posted by similac95
wasnt talkin about myself there killer. talking about the politicians that are trying to pass all these laws. we have all seen the video of the woman who had no idea what one of the items were in her bill. if that woman heard the word militia she would think "omg i hear they shoot poor little deer with rocket launchers". besides who wants to be book smart. bush never read a book in his life.
I could have worded that a little better. My apologies. I intended that to be general in nature (if the shoe fits... if it doesn't then help your neighbor.)

Old 07-14-2007, 00:09   #38
similac95

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff82
I could have worded that a little better. My apologies. I intended that to be general in nature (if the shoe fits... if it doesn't then help your neighbor.)
i would hope we are all on the same side.
Old 08-06-2007, 18:16   #39
lonewolf01

IMHO, hotpig is right. Perception is reality and that type of shirt makes even me think about the wackos on "our" side. If that's the case, then imagine what a politician would think.

At least he's trying to do something though.
"Come to me those of you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest" - Matt 11:28
lonewolf01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 20:36   #40
Jeff82
CLM Number 237
NRA Benefactor

Quote:
Originally posted by lonewolf01
IMHO, hotpig is right. Perception is reality and that type of shirt makes even me think about the wackos on "our" side. If that's the case, then imagine what a politician would think.

At least he's trying to do something though.
Why's is gotta be "wackos"? Sometimes we make things much more difficultthen they actually are and it always ends up working against us.

What it is is "right" or "wrong". He's right any way you slice it. The fact that someone else may become upset is their prob. Unfortunetly it seems most of us aren't "forward" enough to call them on it when they start whining.