SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-23-2007, 06:06   #1
toots shor
Amagi

gun ban on state gov't campus

just received an email re: new security measures.

"As part of ongoing security improvements to Indiana Government Center, effective June 4, 2007:

Weapons are prohibited on the Government Center campus.
State employees will be required to use their security access cards to enter the State House during regular business hours.
The number of public entrances to the State House will be reduced to two.
All State House visitors will be required to use one of two public entrances to access the Capitol building: The upper level east entrance, near Capitol Ave. and Market St., and the lower level west entrance (ADA compliant), accessible via the Robert D. Orr Plaza. These entrances will be equipped with metal detectors and screening devices that will be monitored by Indiana State Police Capitol Police. A third entrance, located on the upper level of the building’s south side, will also be outfitted with security equipment and may be used to accommodate large crowds as needed.

State House visitors will be required to pass through metal detectors and all bags and packages will be x-rayed and subject to hand inspection. Those with pacemakers, defibrillators or other medical devices need to first notify the Indiana State Police Capitol Police officers staffing the entrance. A search will be conducted with a hand-held metal detector.

Similar security measures will be implemented in the Indiana Government Center north and south buildings in early 2008."

there it is :(

"Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order."
Ed Howdershelt
toots shor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 17:40   #2
rhino465

Send a message via Yahoo to rhino465
We've got at least two other topics discussing this. Plus it's the thing we were all fussing over in February.
rhino465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 07:26   #3
Ignition
Insanityville

this made it almost sound like college.... whew was i gonna get MAD!(er than i already am)
-Big Dawgs #5530 Young Glockers #5 OAF #1337 USMC- For Life  
-If they ban my guns, can i still use my sword? -a 9mm is really just a .45 set on stun
-Can we repeal Murphy's laws?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

-the 2nd amendment doesnt say the right to keep and bear long-guns
posted by Eric on the OAF --> Yes, when I was created, I killed all other Erics and assimilated them into my neural net. I am ERIC. I am all Erics.
Ignition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 18:14   #4
toots shor
Amagi

Quote:
Originally posted by rhino465
We've got at least two other topics discussing this. Plus it's the thing we were all fussing over in February.
it is an exact copy of the email i received roughly a week ago in my .gov email address... i would say it is different.

"Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order."
Ed Howdershelt
toots shor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 16:57   #5
minuteman32
NRA & GOA Life

Well, here's my email to Lt. Gov. Skillman.

"Lt. Governor Skillman,

I am writing you because I am very concerned about this so called "Statehouse Security" issue. I know from your record that you are a supporter & defender of our gun rights. I have also sat in on a meeting of the Homeland Security committee in the past.

What can be done about this? I am sure that you are aware that Indy is experiencing a rise in the crime rate. This new policy will force law abiding, tax paying members of society to leave their guns, knives, even pepper spray in their cars. This means that they will be defenseless to, from & at the statehouse. In addition, it makes these tools much more likely to be stolen, by criminals to use in even more crimes.

For reference, Alaska, Minnesota, Utah & West Virginia have no metal detectors and allow persons w/ carry permits access. Furthermore, Kentucky, Texas and Virginia do have security check points, but those w/ carry permits show their ID and walk through.

Gov. Daniels stated at the time he signed the Lifetime Carry Permit and "Castle" law that "this is 'your house'". If this is true, why is "the help" telling me I can't carry there?

Thank you for your time & I will await your reply.

Sincerely,
XXXX XXX
Speedway, IN"

And everyone else that I can think of that might be willing to get this abomonation changed! Already called my state Sen. & Rep. (again!). I'm awaiting their return phone call (which I do usually get).
minuteman32 is offline   Reply With Quote