Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-26-2007, 12:56   #1
chowchow

Malaysia smaller than RP

Looking at a world map I was comparing them both and surprise to see that RP is bigger than Malaysia in landmass. We are surrounded by waters too which is ideal for security purposes. We have more kilometers of shorelines making it ideal for fishing grounds . And no doubt we have so much more in resources than Malaysia. The question is why we are behind to Malaysia and Thailand. We are even part of the former US commonwealth right before WW2. What happened? Is it outright mismanagement? Corruption ? Cronism? Selfishness?
chowchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 17:36   #2
JBJ16

Re: Malaysia smaller than RP

Quote:
Originally posted by chowchow
......... What happened? Is it outright mismanagement? Corruption ? Cronism? Selfishness?
Correct on 4 counts! Remember the famous (now I think infamous) statement by Pres. Manuel L Quezon? " The country is better run like hell by Filipinos, than run like heaven by Foreigners".

From the point of view of every positioned politico, that would be most advantageous to them. From the point of view of the common tao, P&#@!*!na nila!
Old 05-27-2007, 00:14   #3
charlie-xray
Gunpowder Adik

Send a message via Yahoo to charlie-xray
Shameful indeed, shameful.

Reasons why? There's a lot, one of them is the church meddling with our population control policy. Overpopulation overstretches the governments capability to deliver basic services plus the fact basic services entails a big percentage of kurakot.

Very simple analogy, walk down any train tracks or riverside with tons of squatters side by side it's like a child factory. These people who DARES to pro-create A LOT DOES NOT PAY TAXES, it is us the middle-class and OFW sustaining this government to provide for those people which is truly UNFAIR. WHY???? The middle-class and OFW are afraid to have more than 2 childs due to concern of bringing them up and providing for them, but these Sorry Poor NON-TAX Payers DOES NOT CARE at all. Imagine these formula, more child born and NOT CARED/OPPRESSED DAW!!! EQUALS more Young CRIMINALS and/or Hardened CRIMINALS after they get out of the slammer.

Just my 2 cents.
charlie-xray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 03:19   #4
bagito
tanod

Quote:
Originally posted by charlie-xray
Shameful indeed, shameful.

Reasons why? There's a lot, one of them is the church meddling with our population control policy. Overpopulation overstretches the governments capability to deliver basic services plus the fact basic services entails a big percentage of kurakot.

Very simple analogy, walk down any train tracks or riverside with tons of squatters side by side it's like a child factory. These people who DARES to pro-create A LOT DOES NOT PAY TAXES, it is us the middle-class and OFW sustaining this government to provide for those people which is truly UNFAIR. WHY???? The middle-class and OFW are afraid to have more than 2 childs due to concern of bringing them up and providing for them, but these Sorry Poor NON-TAX Payers DOES NOT CARE at all. Imagine these formula, more child born and NOT CARED/OPPRESSED DAW!!! EQUALS more Young CRIMINALS and/or Hardened CRIMINALS after they get out of the slammer.

Just my 2 cents.

+1

BOG#123
bagito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 08:35   #5
chowchow

Mismanagement talaga mga kapatid.
chowchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:50   #6
crazy_hans

Quote:
Mismanagement talaga mga kapatid.
i fully agree with you sir imagine yun mrt 2 lugi daw according to the government ng 1.2 billion pesos every year and ang lrt 1 naman lugi ng 600,000,000 pesos every year according to lastimoso. i don't know how they came up with those mind buggling figures.by the way our government just spend over 5,300,000,000 on tv ads alone last year.try to check how much losses we had before the national steel corporation closed down.the burning question now is that why is it that when private companies run business its all good pero pag government na run like hell na palagi.
crazy_hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:09   #7
mikey177
Remember

Re: Malaysia smaller than RP

Quote:
Looking at a world map I was comparing them both and surprise to see that RP is bigger than Malaysia in landmass...
As ante might say, "It's not the size, but the performance that matters"
mikey177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:04   #8
PMMA97
MNSAmessdetail

Re: Re: Malaysia smaller than RP

Quote:
Originally posted by JBJ16
Remember the famous (now I think infamous) statement by Pres. Manuel L Quezon? " The country is better run like hell by Filipinos, than run like heaven by Foreigners".
"I prefer a country run like hell by Filipinos to a country run like heaven by Americans. Because, however bad a Filipino government might be, we can always change it." --Manuel Quezon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_L._Quezon
PMMA97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:09   #9
atmarcella

yup... we can always go to edsa and have a street party to change our government...

sarap sana buhay natin kung di nag exsist si quezon person na yun ano... imagine ang dali lang mag order nang gun parts sa internet... delivered straight to your doorstep pa
Old 06-01-2007, 03:31   #10
antediluvianist

"And no doubt we have so much more in resources than Malaysia."

Well, they have some resources we don't have, like oil. And they have oodles of palm oil and tin and lots of other stuff. And they have Sabah. If you look at resources per capita, they are way ahead.

Wash Sycip's theory is : if you look at Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand etc., the thing is they got their economic house in order during an authoritarian period. Here we had a form of democracy too early. Leading to a pretty screwed-up economy, and enduring and complete DISunity. The first 2 years of the authoritarian Marcos era (remember those curfews at night?) showed very good GDP growth, but then cronyism became ridiculously rampant and all gains were screwed. The Lee family may not have been perfectly clean, but they were not nearly as garapal as the Marcos relatives and cronies.

Basically, SyCip blames too-early democracy which has resulted in continuing disunity; and cronyism.

Personally I feel the Church's ban on anything but rhythm-method birth control will kill this country whether it is authoritarian or democratic or whatever. No country in the world has economically prospered with a population growth rate of nearly 2% a year compounded (now), and over that for many years in the past (which we are feeling now).

Best advantage we have over Malaysia is that we don't kill each other over race (Malays versus Chinese). We kill each other over politics, matters of pride, money, women, etc., but not much over just race.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:35   #11
atmarcella

i completely agree w/ you ante....
Old 06-01-2007, 06:45   #12
Allegra

Which is why I want Lacson or Fernando in Malacanang
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 00:40   #13
atmarcella

better yet...duterte, if he can tame davao, he can tame the whole islands
Old 06-02-2007, 01:01   #14
charlie-xray
Gunpowder Adik

Send a message via Yahoo to charlie-xray
I agree,

President = Lacson
Vice President = Duterte
Senate Pres = Lim
Speaker Of the House = Palparan
MMDA Chief = Fernando

Looks impressive.

Quote:
Originally posted by atmarcella
better yet...duterte, if he can tame davao, he can tame the whole islands
charlie-xray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 23:33   #15
boni
ako ito bok!

Quote:
I agree,

President = Lacson
Vice President = Duterte
Senate Pres = Lim
MMDA Chief = Fernando

Looks impressive.
sir mahirap ito beliv me. you are eyeing for a dictatorial gov't and very much a wrong idea. i still value my freedom much as my priveleges to carry my firearms baka pag sila na nandyan sa national govt ay walang ptc ptt na. see my picture? gud day
Art.429. The owner or lawful possessor of a thing has the right to exclude any person from the enjoyment and disposal thereof. For this purpose, he may use such force as may be reasonably necessary to repel or prevent an actual or threatened unlawful physical invasion or usurpation of his property.
boni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 23:45   #16
Allegra

Quote:
Originally posted by boni
sir mahirap ito beliv me. you are eyeing for a dictatorial gov't and very much a wrong idea. i still value my freedom much as my priveleges to carry my firearms baka pag sila na nandyan sa national govt ay walang ptc ptt na. see my picture? gud day

if yuo have cancer , kelangan mo ng chemotherapy
Where would you want to live , Basilan or Davao City?
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Old 06-03-2007, 00:10   #17
boni
ako ito bok!

Quote:
Originally posted by Allegra
if yuo have cancer , kelangan mo ng chemotherapy
Where would you want to live , Basilan or Davao City?
example lng sir ha. d ba ng utos si duterte na dahil daming firecracker related injury eh walang paputok na, so malayo ba sa possibility baka in the future dahil maraming masama nangyayari related sa firearms eh kunin lahat ng baril sa civilians? time ni marcos nangyari na ito d ba? there was a time daw na no civilians can own higher caliber na F/A kaya surrender nga ng mga kalolohan at mga uncle ko pati na rin father ko mga 45, 357 nila. i dont know how to answer sir limited lng knowledge ko sa mga taong mention sa preceeding post kaya i cant be certain anong mangyayari if sila uupo but i just feel its not good to want and have a dictatorial govt.
Art.429. The owner or lawful possessor of a thing has the right to exclude any person from the enjoyment and disposal thereof. For this purpose, he may use such force as may be reasonably necessary to repel or prevent an actual or threatened unlawful physical invasion or usurpation of his property.
boni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 00:48   #18
PMMA97
MNSAmessdetail

Quote:
I agree,

President = Lacson
Vice President = Duterte
Senate Pres = Lim
MMDA Chief = Fernando

Looks impressive.
This would be a nice line up if you're with the military or law enforcement but would be a nightmare for ordinary civilians.

But that's just me.
PMMA97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:30   #19
atmarcella

ako feeling ko this country has cancer and needs chemotherapy....

yung pag surrender nang firearms nangyari yun kasi nag declare si makoy martial law, di naman nila cguro gawin yan unless they want another street party in edsa....

feeling ko lang to...
Old 06-03-2007, 04:30   #20
Allegra

Quote:
Originally posted by atmarcella
ako feeling ko this country has cancer and needs chemotherapy....

yung pag surrender nang firearms nangyari yun kasi nag declare si makoy martial law, di naman nila cguro gawin yan unless they want another street party in edsa....

feeling ko lang to...

Correct Paranoid na ang pinoy sa martial law
Di naman dictator ang hanap natin
We really need a leader who's got the balls to be a leader
Lacson , bayani Fernando , Duterte types of people
- the Camel Driver