Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-02-2007, 03:44   #1
theTactician

HK USP expert vs Glock 35

guys, i just recently purchased an HK USP expert in 40 cal. i havent received it yet, have to wait for DROS processing and theres a wait time for it. i've been thinking, which do you think is better, the HK USP expert or the Glock 35? both are in 40 cal. One is used by dave sevigny and the other is ... well, they say, it (HK) is one of the finest, most accurate out of the box handgun that could beat the SIG P220's reputation as the best most accurate out of the box handgun. Any of you guys own a G35? or an HK USP expert? which do you think is better? :-)
Old 06-02-2007, 22:33   #2
jundeleon

hk usp expert has external safety, decocker, match trigger, 16+1 rounds. but its expensive, grip is ergonomic but a bit stout for some. I used to have the tactical in 45 and i think its about the same as the 40 expert in most considerations.

Glock 35 has 17+1, great trigger, slimmer but less ergonomic grip (for me), more affordable. I have one now.

Performance wise, for me its about even, with the hk having a slight edge over the glock.

If budget permits get the hk. If price is an issue, go for the glock.

But better yet, get both!
jundeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 23:24   #3
theTactician

Quote:
Originally posted by jundeleon
hk usp expert has external safety, decocker, match trigger, 16+1 rounds. but its expensive, grip is ergonomic but a bit stout for some. I used to have the tactical in 45 and i think its about the same as the 40 expert in most considerations.

Glock 35 has 17+1, great trigger, slimmer but less ergonomic grip (for me), more affordable. I have one now.

Performance wise, for me its about even, with the hk having a slight edge over the glock.

If budget permits get the hk. If price is an issue, go for the glock.

But better yet, get both!
I already got the HK USP expert. i just wanna know if i did the right thing. hehehe. coz i was thinkin about getting a G35 or an HK and i decided to go for the HK. was it a good buy? you think?
Old 06-02-2007, 23:40   #4
asian_glockster
Hook Up!!!!!!!!

Slightly OT: Sir is the glock 35, together with +2 basepads, can be used in standard division??
asian_glockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 00:19   #5
theTactician

Quote:
Originally posted by asian_glockster
Slightly OT: Sir is the glock 35, together with +2 basepads, can be used in standard division??

that, im not sure. anyone?
Old 06-03-2007, 00:31   #6
batangueno
Shock Resist

Quote:
Originally posted by asian_glockster
I think they would fit the IPSC box.

jrspeed is already fabricating basepads for the glock and 1911. They definitely would be legal for IPSC.
batangueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 00:37   #7
PMMA97
MNSAmessdetail

Since you've already bought the HK, then you've made an excellent choice.

Now go get the Glock
PMMA97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 07:48   #8
jasonub

you wont have kabooms on weak brass since the hk has a supported chamber and also you wont break your breachface dryfiring on the hk
jasonub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:23   #9
bicolano_glockr

I haven't tried the HK but i've been hearing it's a nice pistol, pretty accurate out of the box. i have the g35 and it shoots well too...
BoG#606
Mayon Shooting & Hunting Sports Club
bicolano_glockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:54   #10
mikol

Quote:
Originally posted by batangueno
I think they would fit the IPSC box.

jrspeed is already fabricating basepads for the glock and 1911. They definitely would be legal for IPSC.
Paul, +2 base pad for 1911?
for standard 7-rounder mags use only or pwede sa 8-rounder?
Magkano price range bro if alam mo ba? TIA

Tactician, sorry for the hijack...
mikol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 18:27   #11
theTactician

Tactician, sorry for the hijack... [/B][/QUOTE]

that's ok.
Old 06-03-2007, 19:27   #12
boholglock

how does your HK differ from the Combat Competition model?

I have a G35 and I've been always happy with it. Thank God, the issues on the G35 haven't occured to me, at least not yet.
My G35 is 10K rounds old(20% FMJ, the rest are lead reloads) and yes on it's factory barrel. I remedy it by cleaning the barrel every 200 rounds. I also use snap caps when dry firing.

Surfing the net led me on the HK site and the Combat Competition model caught my attention. It sports a mag well and the mag capacity has been raised to 16 rounds( from the usual 12 rounds of .40S&W) I don't know if it's available here in RP.

Regarding the query on the G35 with plus 2 pads, the answer is: as long as it fits the box, you are good to go in Standard Division.
Arredondo has a +3 basepad for the .40S&W Glock and it's IPSC legal. That gives you 18 rounds in your mag plus 1 in the chamber(Condition 1).Band of Glockers

The issues of cost and availability of parts and accessories won my vote for the G35.
Though the thought of trying out the HK lingers. Hehehe.

Happy Safe Shooting Bro!
boholglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 13:46   #13
theTactician

i dont know why too, i had an HK USP even way before in the late 90's then i sold it and was transformed into a glock fanatic...then now, something draws me back to the HK's again. there really is something about these HK handguns...cool, sleek, sexy, like a "hot chick" you just need so badly to be in your system.:-)i guess, thats why i bought an HK again. hehehe.
Old 06-04-2007, 19:29   #14
batangueno
Shock Resist

Quote:
Originally posted by jasonub
you wont have kabooms on weak brass since the hk has a supported chamber and also you wont break your breachface dryfiring on the hk
Have you seen doctabako's HK? .....kaboom!
Old 06-04-2007, 19:31   #15
batangueno
Shock Resist

Quote:
Originally posted by mikol
Paul, +2 base pad for 1911?
for standard 7-rounder mags use only or pwede sa 8-rounder?
Magkano price range bro if alam mo ba? TIA

Tactician, sorry for the hijack...
mikol, for glocks and double stack 1911 magazines yung alam kong available. I don't know if he already have those for single stack mags. I'll ask him kung magkita kami in any of the matches.
Old 06-04-2007, 19:54   #16
GlockX35

I prefer the simplicity of the Glock 35. The HK Expert is not less or more accurate than a P220 btw.
GlockX35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 20:48   #17
jasonub

double charge yon. try double charging a 35
jasonub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:46   #18
batangueno
Shock Resist

Quote:
Originally posted by jasonub
double charge yon. try double charging a 35
Kaya nga supported or unsupported barrel chamber does not matter for a double charge. Either an HK or Glock or even a 1911 will be unusable after a double charge.

Now for a case failure KB from the unsupported portion of the barrel, considering that it is not a double charge, a Glock would still function afterwards. The magazine will just fall off and the shooter will get numbed hands.
Old 06-05-2007, 23:10   #19
mikol

Quote:
Originally posted by batangueno
mikol, for glocks and double stack 1911 magazines yung alam kong available. I don't know if he already have those for single stack mags. I'll ask him kung magkita kami in any of the matches.
thanks kaparid.
mikol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 00:33   #20
theTactician

off topic: do you think the glock 20 can outperform the glock 35? they say that the g20 is very very accurate and some shooters use it in IPSC competitions.