SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:33   #1
graveman

NC carry question

Before I get into any trouble ......

I know here in SC one cannot carry into a place of business that is posted ( provided the signage meets certain requirements spelled out in the SC law down to the size and color of the letters ) ...... how about NC ? If a place has just a "no concealed weapons allowed" small sticker in the window, is carrying in there a no-no ? Remember we are talking about businesses and not the "obvious" places ( courthouses, police stations, schools, banks etc ).

Thanks in advance !
graveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:27   #2
Zulu Alpha
Abyss Dweller

Send a message via ICQ to Zulu Alpha
IIRC posted is posted. There is no standard sign...

Some of the signs I have seen here in NC are tricky... They say something like, "No concealed weapons allowed (and in small letters) except for Law enforcement and those licensed to carry conceal weapons". They look like no CCW, but you gotta read the fine print...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Zulu Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 19:27   #3
13bullets
Thunder Stealer

Our law is pretty vague on postings.

It says the businesses have to have the signage "conspicuously" posted but it doesn't go on to define their meaning of conspicuous.

A 2" X 3" sticker among all the credit card stickers and other jumble on their doors to me is not conspicuous.

But to the liberal LE community and if it ever came down to it, the liberal jury...who knows what conspicuous is.

Our laws also do not specify what a proper sign is. No specific sizing of symbols or letters. Nothing.

Good luck carrying in somewhat free NC.
13bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 19:35   #4
Glocks&Ducs

No special requirements for a sign in our state. They can pretty much post any way they want, as long as it is conspicuous.

===========================================

14‑415.11. Permit to carry concealed handgun; scope of permit.

(a) Any person who has a concealed handgun permit may carry a concealed handgun unless otherwise specifically prohibited by law...

(c) A permit does not authorize a person to carry a concealed handgun in the areas prohibited by G.S. 14‑269.2, 14‑269.3, 14‑269.4, and 14‑277.2, in an area prohibited by rule adopted under G.S. 120‑32.1, in any area prohibited by 18 U.S.C. 922 or any other federal law, in a law enforcement or correctional facility, in a building housing only State or federal offices, in an office of the State or federal government that is not located in a building exclusively occupied by the State or federal government, a financial institution, or on any other premises, except state‑owned rest areas or state‑owned rest stops along the highways, where notice that carrying a concealed handgun is prohibited by the posting of a conspicuous notice or statement by the person in legal possession or control of the premises...
Glocks&Ducs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 00:31   #5
graveman

Thanks guys !

I was just wanting to make sure since I will be doing some running up and down the border in the next few weeks, so there will be food, gas and wee-wee stops .....

Not so worried about some $#@$head going off "OMG he's got a GUN " but in the rather very remote unpleasant situation where I would have to use it in SD.
graveman is offline   Reply With Quote