Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-10-2007, 12:13   #1
Norman
CLM Number 32
Non nobis

The anticipation is killing me...

I'm awaiting the recommendation of a very good friend and Master Mason, and perhaps the blessing of the gentleman who recommended my friend when he joined some years back, who is supposed to be very high up on the totem pole here in Florida.

I am looking to join the Masonic brotherhood and the Gainesville #41 Lodge.

I don't want to keep pestering my good friend, but... hurry up already!
Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 19:06   #2
jrr6602

Anticipation

I don't know how things are in Florida. In Texas you fill out an application which has to be signed by 2 Master Masons that will vouch for you. The petition is read in open lodge and an investigation committee of three members of the lodge is appointed. They conduct an investigation of you. They report their findings to the secretary of the lodge. The petition is read in open lodge again and the results of the investigation committee. The members vote on whether or not to accept the candidate for initiation. If you are accepted, you will be notified on when to show up at the Lodge to be initiated as an EA.
Old 06-12-2007, 16:40   #3
Norman
CLM Number 32
Non nobis

So THAT'S why someone was tailing me today.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:34   #4
grecco

Re: Anticipation

Quote:
Originally posted by jrr6602
I don't know how things are in Florida. In Texas you fill out an application which has to be signed by 2 Master Masons that will vouch for you. The petition is read in open lodge and an investigation committee of three members of the lodge is appointed. They conduct an investigation of you. They report their findings to the secretary of the lodge. The petition is read in open lodge again and the results of the investigation committee. The members vote on whether or not to accept the candidate for initiation. If you are accepted, you will be notified on when to show up at the Lodge to be initiated as an EA.
yep, done the same way in Pa.
grecco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:38   #5
zoyter2
Yeah, so what?

Same here in 'Bama.

I remember the LOOOOONNNNGGGGG wait as well!
Old 06-20-2007, 08:46   #6
jetboatdriver
CLM Number 47
Charter Lifetime Member

Re: The anticipation is killing me...

Quote:
Originally posted by Norman
I'm awaiting the recommendation of a very good friend and Master Mason, and perhaps the blessing of the gentleman who recommended my friend when he joined some years back, who is supposed to be very high up on the totem pole here in Florida.

I am looking to join the Masonic brotherhood and the Gainesville #41 Lodge.

I don't want to keep pestering my good friend, but... hurry up already!
I know the feeling. I got "the call" two days ago, went to there last night. The investigation was already completed, I had my interview and possibly was voted on last night. Now I am waiting on the "real Call". Should hear in a couple of days.
Lone Star Glockers #3036 - Big Dawgs # 1903 - SW Solstice Club - Nat'l Assoc Solstice/Sky Owners
Panther City #1183, AF&AM Cooke-Peavy 1162 AF&AM Worth Commandery #19 -Texas Chapter 362-Council 321-Trinity York Rite College-Fort Worth SR - Moslah Shrine;Tranquility Lodge #2000
jetboatdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:56   #7
mmsig229

Re: Re: The anticipation is killing me...

Quote:
Originally posted by jetboatdriver
I know the feeling. I got "the call" two days ago, went to there last night. The investigation was already completed, I had my interview and possibly was voted on last night. Now I am waiting on the "real Call". Should hear in a couple of days.
You should receive a phone call from the secretary soon. We go dark in July and August so hopefully they were able to complete the balloting at the last meeting. Congrats on beginning your journey!!!!
mmsig229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 17:05   #8
Norman
CLM Number 32
Non nobis

Re: Re: Re: The anticipation is killing me...

Quote:
Originally posted by mmsig229
You should receive a phone call from the secretary soon. We go dark in July and August so hopefully they were able to complete the balloting at the last meeting. Congrats on beginning your journey!!!!
Do all lodges go "dark" during those two months? I really don't want to have to wait until September.

Old 06-20-2007, 17:32   #9
mmsig229

Re: Re: Re: Re: The anticipation is killing me...

Quote:
Originally posted by Norman
Do all lodges go "dark" during those two months? I really don't want to have to wait until September.

I believe most do, at least in Ohio. The Master can schedule degree work if he wants, but stated meetings are usually not held.
mmsig229 is offline   Reply With Quote