GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:26   #1
Redsnake

Adjusting for my new PNY Nvidia Video Card??

I just installed a new PNY GeForce 7600 GS/512MB AGP 8x card on my 'old' Dell Dimension 8200 and MAN what a time I had trying to adjust f/my previous PNY GeForce 6200 256MB card.

I had to go thru the hole routine of adjusting colors/contrast/brightness/sharpness/etc.... and it seems to be looking ok now. However, I wonder if I'm missing something or if this should be easier. I keep second guessing my selections. It's like going to the eye doctor and they're getting your prescription close and they do the "Is number 1 better or number 2, number 1 or number 2..." (hopefully others of you know what I'm talking about.

Is there some type of auto adjust mechanism that will do this for me and balance everything digitally????

Maybe not, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thanks.
Kimber Classic Custom, Yost-Bonitz Colt Cammander .45acp, Nighthawk Talon I .45acp, Colt MkVI 80 Enh .38 Super, Nowlin 9mm & 9x23, FN Hi-Power 9mm, Sig P-220, Armalite AR-15, CZ the list goes on... just like many others here. :)
Redsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:19   #2
chbix

adjust what exactly? the various colors, brightness, etc are all very personal, what you like isnt what I like, etc. I do know that most video cards ive put in are pretty good, however there are some that i have had that needed to be tweaked all over to make it look right.

I think your sol with having to manual set it up how you want it.
chbix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:26   #3
Redsnake

well to be more specific when I installed the new graphics card, my Screen Resolutions went to h#ll and all my pics and videos became very grainy and fuzzy. It was as though I downgraded in a major way.

I understand what you're saying about each of us having our likes and dislikes... I just wondered if there was something that would automatically get me close, then I could fine-tune the rest.

The way it is, I started f/scratch (so to speak) and had to build everything up. Just wanted to know if there was something faster and easier.
Redsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 12:59   #4
chbix

there might be a few standard default settings. I know certain ones have like a default default, better performance defaults, better quality defaults, etc. You might want to see if there are somethings like that you could flip through to find a better starting point.
chbix is offline   Reply With Quote