Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-16-2007, 12:45   #1
VCSA

Arringtons Police Distributors

Anyone know if you can use a CCW permit to purchase a handgun or if one must use a sheriff's purchase permit at Arringtons Police Distributors? It was explained to me that not all dealers are accepting NC CCW permits to purchase, some still require the original sheriff's purchase permit.

Just curious both Arringtons in Greensboro and in Charlotte are about an hour to hour 1/2 from me. Did not want to drive out there and then be told I need a purchase permit a CCW permit would not be enough.

If anyone knows and can help me out....Thanks.
VCSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 22:29   #2
8W56

North Carolina Law says that you can use a CCW permit in place of a regular handgun permit from a Sheriff's Office so I would assume that they would accept it at Arringtons. The best thing to do is call them and ask them before you drive out and find out different. I have their number laying around somewhere since that is where we order out guns from.
For I shall equalize."

Certified Glock Armorer
8W56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:44   #3
10-9

I purchased a use Glock 26 from them a couple of weeks ago using my NC CCW.

Glock 19 & 26
10-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 21:43   #4
hkmp5rocks

Have you tried Gun Rack in Kernersville? As far as I know all shops will take a valid NC CCW permit in lieu of a Sheriff's permit to purchase.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:03   #5
Nyper

I would raise hell if a place refused to sell me a handgun with my CCW Permit. NC law clearly says that the permit is valid in place of a 'normal' permit.

For what it's worth, save yourself the hassle and go over to the Gun Rack in Kernersville or drive a little farther over to Raleigh.

Arrington's can take their attitudes and keep their guns. They'll never get a penny of my money, and I'm certainly not the only one around here that feels that way.

A good thing to do is get a list of all the shops within an hour or so of you.. with their phone numbers. If you know what you want, call each place and simply say "Hi. I live in Greensboro and wanted to see if you have a G23 in stock before I drove an hour over there? And if so, what kind of sights does it have & what is the price?"

Nicely ask for exactly what you want & they'll usually be happy to help. Just compare prices and pick up the best one.

I wrote a quick review of shops in teh area a few months ago. I just bumped that post back to the top for you if you're interested.
Old 07-04-2007, 19:30   #6
obxemt
Chaplain of CT

I've never had any problems with Arrington's in Charlotte. They won't stand there and kiss your rear but they're not exactly rude, either...except for that short old woman (short in height AND demeanor) who acts like she doesn't want to be there.

I've never seen anyone refuse a CCW since that made it easier to make sales. There was one pawn shop immediately after the change that fought me on it, so I went home and printed the change from the SBI website and he charged me $10 for transfers after that.
Your idea about the role of cops is totally different from the majority's, history's and the Constitution's.
obxemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 22:13   #7
BigWaylon

I bought one today at the Charlotte location with my CHP...no questions/hesitations...

they treated me fantastic, and have been very cordial every time I've been there...and you really can't beat the price (unless you find a way to get the LE/military discount)...

BTW...they got a call while I was there...from Hyatt's (I think Larry called)...he had just been told by Glock that he would need to buy his guns from Arrington's...let's just say he's not happy about it...

Greg
Comp-tac C-T.A.C., Comp-tac Settable Cant, SmartCarry
NRA Lifetime Member
BigWaylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:29   #8
obxemt
Chaplain of CT

Quote:
Originally posted by BigWaylon
(unless you find a way to get the LE/military discount)...

BTW...they got a call while I was there...from Hyatt's (I think Larry called)...he had just been told by Glock that he would need to buy his guns from Arrington's...let's just say he's not happy about it...
I think joining the military or LE is the only legal way.

That's funny about Hyatt's, thanks for posting that.
Your idea about the role of cops is totally different from the majority's, history's and the Constitution's.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:18   #9
BigWaylon

Quote:
Originally posted by obxemt
I think joining the military or LE is the only legal way.

or...simply find somebody with a valid ID that's willing to buy one for you...

getting one from a police department, using letterhead, calls for them to say they aren't going to resell it...

BUT, anybody from a Police Dept, Fire Dept (including VFD), military, etc...can walk in the door there with a NC Purchase Permit or Concealed Carry Permit and buy one for the same price...

it is not a "straw purchase" as you are completely legal to buy it from them (the "middle man"), by providing them with a Purchase Permit or your Concealed Carry Permit, and they give you a notarized bill of sale...

Thanks.
Greg
Comp-tac C-T.A.C., Comp-tac Settable Cant, SmartCarry
NRA Lifetime Member
BigWaylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:54   #10
obxemt
Chaplain of CT

If it is purchased at LE discount for the purpose of being resold, its still a problem for the ATF.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:26   #11
gnmx8

Is it possible to order the specific model that you want or do you have to choose from what they have on hand?
gnmx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 06:33   #12
obxemt
Chaplain of CT

You can order whatever you want, with/without night sights and you used to even be able to chose NY1 triggers, extended releases and whatnot but I'm not sure that's is still the case. The wait shouldn't be that long wince they are receiving the guns directly from Glock.

I'm also not certain on this, but I don't think there are any shipping charges if it's not in stock. They have a chart there on the counter that shows all the prices.
Old 07-16-2007, 18:33   #13
gnmx8

Thanks obxemt. The only option I was really considering was an olive green frame. Next time I'm in Charlotte I'll stop by and see what they can do for me.
gnmx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:57   #14
Strider47
Captain Chaos

I gave up on Arrington's in Greensboro. They just don't carry much anymore and seem to be going through the motions to non-LEO now.
Strider47 is offline   Reply With Quote