Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-17-2007, 06:12   #1
ibedanny
Big Member ;P

Send a message via AIM to ibedanny
whats up with revers gun shop?

I've never been there before. I'm going soon. I've heard bad reviews and good reviews. Can I get an honest review about this range.
Florida Glockers #2282
Glock 35,27 Newborn 19OD
Sub Club #82
Kel-Tec P3AT/SUB2000 G19 Magwell
Saiga 7.62x39 Converting to wood furniture.
ibedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:11   #2
noway

friendly advice;

Take a trip and obtain your own review. About 30miles or so south of lake-worth and maybe 4 miles east of I95 off Copans.

This way you can get your own experience and obtain [B]YOUR[/B} opinion/reviews of the joint.

Last time I shot their it was maybe 8 dollars per lane. NO restriction on ammo type ( reloads ) and they didn't frown on double-tap, but don't shoot anything you don't mind paying for.

Ammo selection was okay, guns rental was limited, new/used gun displayed was very sparse.
noway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:12   #3
noway

Oh to add: Parking can be sparse and tight on a big night.
Old 06-17-2007, 19:21   #4
TedG
Infidel USA

If you have a respirator, wear it.

Become an Organ Donor today:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Save as many as 50 lives. Thanks.
TedG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 14:22   #5
Ian

Do not stand anywhere near the range staff.
One has already shot himself through the hand, and put a round into the floor whilst cleaning his Glock, on another recent occasion.
If anyone EVER points a firearm at me from now on, I will grab it, push it out the way, and shout at them.
I do not care who they are.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 15:21   #6
hurricanezUM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Do not stand anywhere near the range staff.
One has already shot himself through the hand, and put a round into the floor whilst cleaning his Glock, on another recent occasion.
If anyone EVER points a firearm at me from now on, I will grab it, push it out the way, and shout at them.
I do not care who they are.
George, the 20 year old kid that works there. I asked him why he had on a cast...''man i got into a fight with these 4 kids and beat there asses, but broke my hand in the process'' Mean time the other employee is laughing hysterically. Later on i find out the real thruth, he infact shot himself in the hand. The owner Eileen is a wacko, dont even get me started. I have not seen a range so rude, unknowledgeable, unprofessional, etc. in my life. Dont waste your time. Now dont get me wrong, Revere used to be a nice range. I was a member. This was before their old staff dissapeared. When Wayne, Guy, and others used to work there, it was a pleasure to shoot and talk with them, but they are gone now. The range is now run primairly by a 20 year old kid and his girlfriend. Sometimes their ''GLOCK Armorer'' is there, but he is also rude, not very knowledgeable, and will take advantage of you if he gets the chance, without hesitation.

Ibedanny, i see your in PBC. Me too, i dont shoot in PBC because of the ammo rules, for that reason i have been range hoping, trying to find a new home. The only ones i like, although a little far are, Big Als, American Indoor, Bass Pro and Markham park. There are a couple others, but i dont know of the top of my head the names. I can look though for ya. I am practically in your back yard, if you would like to make it a range day sometime, PM me! (or anyone in my area for that matter, i am always up for meeting new friends)

Last edited by hurricanezUM; 06-21-2007 at 15:24..
hurricanezUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 15:55   #7
ibedanny
Big Member ;P

Send a message via AIM to ibedanny
Quote:
Originally posted by hurricanezUM
George, the 20 year old kid that works there. I asked him why he had on a cast...''man i got into a fight with these 4 kids and beat there asses, but broke my hand in the process'' Mean time the other employee is laughing hysterically. Later on i find out the real thruth, he infact shot himself in the hand. The owner Eileen is a wacko, dont even get me started. I have not seen a range so rude, unknowledgeable, unprofessional, etc. in my life. Dont waste your time. Now dont get me wrong, Revere used to be a nice range. I was a member. This was before their old staff dissapeared. When Wayne, Guy, and others used to work there, it was a pleasure to shoot and talk with them, but they are gone now. The range is now run primairly by a 20 year old kid and his girlfriend. Sometimes their ''GLOCK Armorer'' is there, but he is also rude, not very knowledgeable, and will take advantage of you if he gets the chance, without hesitation.

Ibedanny, i see your in PBC. Me too, i dont shoot in PBC because of the ammo rules, for that reason i have been range hoping, trying to find a new home. The only ones i like, although a little far are, Big Als, American Indoor, Bass Pro and Markham park. There are a couple others, but i dont know of the top of my head the names. I can look though for ya. I am practically in your back yard, if you would like to make it a range day sometime, PM me! (or anyone in my area for that matter, i am always up for meeting new friends)
ok.... sounds cool gimme a call.... just pm me and ill give you my number....
Florida Glockers #2282
Glock 35,27 Newborn 19OD
Sub Club #82
Kel-Tec P3AT/SUB2000 G19 Magwell
Saiga 7.62x39 Converting to wood furniture.
ibedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 18:53   #8
noway

{ Dont waste your time. Now dont get me wrong, Revere used to be a nice range. I was a member. This was before their old staff dissapeared. When Wayne, Guy, and others used to work there, it was a pleasure to shoot and talk with them, but they are gone now.}

Man you are right on. I remember wayne also and I go back when they had a real armor ( the brit ) on site and not this guy you can barely change a front sight but yet he's an armor.

Revere has change over the last 7 years. The great range of all time had to be Anthony Arms. To bad they missed up with their paper work and close or had to be shutdown.
Old 06-21-2007, 19:07   #9
XNYTRUCKIE
Smoke Eater

Send a message via AIM to XNYTRUCKIE
I heard from a my buddy in BSO that an 18 yr old kid went in rented a gun and popped himself in the range ... they closed shortly after that, it was agreat place to shoot too
Old 06-24-2007, 01:11   #10
hurricanezUM

Quote:
Originally posted by noway
{ Dont waste your time. Now dont get me wrong, Revere used to be a nice range. I was a member. This was before their old staff dissapeared. When Wayne, Guy, and others used to work there, it was a pleasure to shoot and talk with them, but they are gone now.}

Man you are right on. I remember wayne also and I go back when they had a real armor ( the brit ) on site and not this guy you can barely change a front sight but yet he's an armor.

Revere has change over the last 7 years. The great range of all time had to be Anthony Arms. To bad they missed up with their paper work and close or had to be shutdown.
Yup! Wayne is a good guy. He is at OTB Firearms in Pompano. Dont even get me started with them, lol. If you like paying on avg 50-100 over MSRP or want to pay 350/K for Wolf .223, then OTB is perfect.

Quote:
Originally posted by XNYTRUCKIE
I heard from a my buddy in BSO that an 18 yr old kid went in rented a gun and popped himself in the range ... they closed shortly after that, it was agreat place to shoot too
Although i would not doubt it with the characters that go in there, it most likely is one of their current employees, who to my knowledge, told me he was 20. I may be wrong though.
Old 06-26-2007, 17:42   #11
Ahmid
CLM Number 299
Charter Lifetime Member

A shame about Anthony's. It was the best, friendliest range I ever used in Florida.
Nothing like that around now.
Ahmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:23   #12
FLAGLOCK19
War Veteran

Somewhere to shoot

If any of you folks are up in the north central Florida area check out Micanopy Shooting Sportsin Micanopy FL. We are an indoor range and offer all kinds of good deals on new and used guns, rifles, & Shotguns. So come check us out, we are friendly, knowledgeable and we pride ourselves on good old fashion customer service with a smile.
FLAGLOCK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:35   #13
rich52us

Send a message via Yahoo to rich52us
Re: Somewhere to shoot

Quote:
Originally posted by FLAGLOCK19
If any of you folks are up in the north central Florida area check out Micanopy Shooting Sportsin Micanopy FL. We are an indoor range and offer all kinds of good deals on new and used guns, rifles, & Shotguns. So come check us out, we are friendly, knowledgeable and we pride ourselves on good old fashion customer service with a smile.
Thanks. Wish you were closer
#3014 in the Big Dawg , Kel-Tec , Sub, HK & Black Rifle Clubs. .
rich52us is offline   Reply With Quote