GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2007, 06:12   #1
ibedanny
Big Member ;P
 
ibedanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Posts: 998
Send a message via AIM to ibedanny
whats up with revers gun shop?

I've never been there before. I'm going soon. I've heard bad reviews and good reviews. Can I get an honest review about this range.
__________________
Florida Glockers #2282
Glock 35,27 Newborn 19OD
Sub Club #82
Kel-Tec P3AT/SUB2000 G19 Magwell
Saiga 7.62x39 Converting to wood furniture.
ibedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:11   #2
noway
Senior Member
 
noway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Davie "Cowboy" , FL
Posts: 19,409
friendly advice;

Take a trip and obtain your own review. About 30miles or so south of lake-worth and maybe 4 miles east of I95 off Copans.

This way you can get your own experience and obtain [B]YOUR[/B} opinion/reviews of the joint.

Last time I shot their it was maybe 8 dollars per lane. NO restriction on ammo type ( reloads ) and they didn't frown on double-tap, but don't shoot anything you don't mind paying for.

Ammo selection was okay, guns rental was limited, new/used gun displayed was very sparse.
noway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:12   #3
noway
Senior Member
 
noway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Davie "Cowboy" , FL
Posts: 19,409
Oh to add: Parking can be sparse and tight on a big night.
noway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 19:21   #4
TedG
Infidel USA
 
TedG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: South Florida & Cleveland, Oh
Posts: 2,099
If you have a respirator, wear it.
__________________
God Bless Our Troops

Become an Organ Donor today:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Save as many as 50 lives. Thanks.
TedG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 14:22   #5
Ian
Senior Member
 
Ian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: USA
Posts: 1,704
Do not stand anywhere near the range staff.
One has already shot himself through the hand, and put a round into the floor whilst cleaning his Glock, on another recent occasion.
If anyone EVER points a firearm at me from now on, I will grab it, push it out the way, and shout at them.
I do not care who they are.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 15:21   #6
hurricanezUM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 394
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Do not stand anywhere near the range staff.
One has already shot himself through the hand, and put a round into the floor whilst cleaning his Glock, on another recent occasion.
If anyone EVER points a firearm at me from now on, I will grab it, push it out the way, and shout at them.
I do not care who they are.
George, the 20 year old kid that works there. I asked him why he had on a cast...''man i got into a fight with these 4 kids and beat there asses, but broke my hand in the process'' Mean time the other employee is laughing hysterically. Later on i find out the real thruth, he infact shot himself in the hand. The owner Eileen is a wacko, dont even get me started. I have not seen a range so rude, unknowledgeable, unprofessional, etc. in my life. Dont waste your time. Now dont get me wrong, Revere used to be a nice range. I was a member. This was before their old staff dissapeared. When Wayne, Guy, and others used to work there, it was a pleasure to shoot and talk with them, but they are gone now. The range is now run primairly by a 20 year old kid and his girlfriend. Sometimes their ''GLOCK Armorer'' is there, but he is also rude, not very knowledgeable, and will take advantage of you if he gets the chance, without hesitation.

Ibedanny, i see your in PBC. Me too, i dont shoot in PBC because of the ammo rules, for that reason i have been range hoping, trying to find a new home. The only ones i like, although a little far are, Big Als, American Indoor, Bass Pro and Markham park. There are a couple others, but i dont know of the top of my head the names. I can look though for ya. I am practically in your back yard, if you would like to make it a range day sometime, PM me! (or anyone in my area for that matter, i am always up for meeting new friends)
__________________
That punk pulled a Glock 7 on me! You know what that is? It's a porcelain gun made in Germany. It doesn't show up on your airport X-ray machines, and it costs more than you make here in a month!- DH2

Last edited by hurricanezUM; 06-21-2007 at 15:24..
hurricanezUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 15:55   #7
ibedanny
Big Member ;P
 
ibedanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Posts: 998
Send a message via AIM to ibedanny
Quote:
Originally posted by hurricanezUM
George, the 20 year old kid that works there. I asked him why he had on a cast...''man i got into a fight with these 4 kids and beat there asses, but broke my hand in the process'' Mean time the other employee is laughing hysterically. Later on i find out the real thruth, he infact shot himself in the hand. The owner Eileen is a wacko, dont even get me started. I have not seen a range so rude, unknowledgeable, unprofessional, etc. in my life. Dont waste your time. Now dont get me wrong, Revere used to be a nice range. I was a member. This was before their old staff dissapeared. When Wayne, Guy, and others used to work there, it was a pleasure to shoot and talk with them, but they are gone now. The range is now run primairly by a 20 year old kid and his girlfriend. Sometimes their ''GLOCK Armorer'' is there, but he is also rude, not very knowledgeable, and will take advantage of you if he gets the chance, without hesitation.

Ibedanny, i see your in PBC. Me too, i dont shoot in PBC because of the ammo rules, for that reason i have been range hoping, trying to find a new home. The only ones i like, although a little far are, Big Als, American Indoor, Bass Pro and Markham park. There are a couple others, but i dont know of the top of my head the names. I can look though for ya. I am practically in your back yard, if you would like to make it a range day sometime, PM me! (or anyone in my area for that matter, i am always up for meeting new friends)
ok.... sounds cool gimme a call.... just pm me and ill give you my number....
__________________
Florida Glockers #2282
Glock 35,27 Newborn 19OD
Sub Club #82
Kel-Tec P3AT/SUB2000 G19 Magwell
Saiga 7.62x39 Converting to wood furniture.
ibedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 18:53   #8
noway
Senior Member
 
noway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Davie "Cowboy" , FL
Posts: 19,409
{ Dont waste your time. Now dont get me wrong, Revere used to be a nice range. I was a member. This was before their old staff dissapeared. When Wayne, Guy, and others used to work there, it was a pleasure to shoot and talk with them, but they are gone now.}


Man you are right on. I remember wayne also and I go back when they had a real armor ( the brit ) on site and not this guy you can barely change a front sight but yet he's an armor.


Revere has change over the last 7 years. The great range of all time had to be Anthony Arms. To bad they missed up with their paper work and close or had to be shutdown.
noway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 19:07   #9
XNYTRUCKIE
Smoke Eater
 
XNYTRUCKIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Deerfield Beach,South Florida
Posts: 209
Send a message via AIM to XNYTRUCKIE
I heard from a my buddy in BSO that an 18 yr old kid went in rented a gun and popped himself in the range ... they closed shortly after that, it was agreat place to shoot too
__________________
Never forget 9/11/01 343
FTM PTB EGH KTF
XNYTRUCKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 01:11   #10
hurricanezUM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 394
Quote:
Originally posted by noway
{ Dont waste your time. Now dont get me wrong, Revere used to be a nice range. I was a member. This was before their old staff dissapeared. When Wayne, Guy, and others used to work there, it was a pleasure to shoot and talk with them, but they are gone now.}


Man you are right on. I remember wayne also and I go back when they had a real armor ( the brit ) on site and not this guy you can barely change a front sight but yet he's an armor.


Revere has change over the last 7 years. The great range of all time had to be Anthony Arms. To bad they missed up with their paper work and close or had to be shutdown.
Yup! Wayne is a good guy. He is at OTB Firearms in Pompano. Dont even get me started with them, lol. If you like paying on avg 50-100 over MSRP or want to pay 350/K for Wolf .223, then OTB is perfect.

Quote:
Originally posted by XNYTRUCKIE
I heard from a my buddy in BSO that an 18 yr old kid went in rented a gun and popped himself in the range ... they closed shortly after that, it was agreat place to shoot too
Although i would not doubt it with the characters that go in there, it most likely is one of their current employees, who to my knowledge, told me he was 20. I may be wrong though.
__________________
That punk pulled a Glock 7 on me! You know what that is? It's a porcelain gun made in Germany. It doesn't show up on your airport X-ray machines, and it costs more than you make here in a month!- DH2
hurricanezUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 17:42   #11
Ahmid
CLM Number 299
Charter Lifetime Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: S.E.Florida
Posts: 2,420
A shame about Anthony's. It was the best, friendliest range I ever used in Florida.
Nothing like that around now.
Ahmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:23   #12
FLAGLOCK19
War Veteran
 
FLAGLOCK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gator Nation...
Posts: 296


Somewhere to shoot

If any of you folks are up in the north central Florida area check out Micanopy Shooting Sportsin Micanopy FL. We are an indoor range and offer all kinds of good deals on new and used guns, rifles, & Shotguns. So come check us out, we are friendly, knowledgeable and we pride ourselves on good old fashion customer service with a smile.
__________________
NRA Life Member.
Keep your knife sharp and your powder dry.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
FLAGLOCK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:35   #13
rich52us
Senior Member
 
rich52us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: WPB, FL
Posts: 4,080
Send a message via Yahoo to rich52us
Re: Somewhere to shoot

Quote:
Originally posted by FLAGLOCK19
If any of you folks are up in the north central Florida area check out Micanopy Shooting Sportsin Micanopy FL. We are an indoor range and offer all kinds of good deals on new and used guns, rifles, & Shotguns. So come check us out, we are friendly, knowledgeable and we pride ourselves on good old fashion customer service with a smile.
Thanks. Wish you were closer
__________________
Richard,
Glocks: 17,26,30. Kel-Tec P-11,P3AT,PF9 & Sub 2K. Springfield GI Mil-Spec.,Colt Det. Spec.,Uberti Peacemaker Ruger MK I,Daly Hi-Power,HK P7,Colt Defender .45ACP
#3014 in the Big Dawg , Kel-Tec , Sub, HK & Black Rifle Clubs. .
rich52us is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:10.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,030
307 Members
723 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31