Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:41   #1
Glenn E. Meyer

Louisville hints

Going to Louisville for business next week. I read that KY has reciprocity with TX and that bans are few. You can't carry in a bar.

But let me ask:

1. Are there concealed carry ban tricks I'm missing?

2. In TX, places can post signs to ban - I didn't see that with a quick search for KY so I thought I would ask.

3. I saw open carry is OK (probably not work for the business setting - )

Thanks for any tips.

Glenn
NTI, TSRA, NRA,IDPA Niner #2001 Black Rifle AR-101 Wheelie 442642 L'star 101 J Snub 432
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Being an Academic Shooter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Being an Active Shooter
Glenn E. Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 14:05   #2
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Send a message via AIM to domzilla9 Send a message via Yahoo to domzilla9
Go to http://www.kc3.org/ : it's your one stop shop for ccdw packing info in KY.

Tip: don't brandish your weapon at a retired police officer and regular IPSC shooter, unless you like catching lead (inside joke)
Old 06-06-2007, 14:10   #3
Crazy4nitro
Happy Accidents

I dont see where it discusses Open Carry..

C4N

Crazy4nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 14:15   #4
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Send a message via AIM to domzilla9 Send a message via Yahoo to domzilla9
I don't know if KC3.org discusses open carry or not. I think it focuses mostly on carrying concealed, ccdw licenses and reciprocity. I can't actually look at the web page right now because I am behind a lovely content filter that is blocking its "unsafe for the work environment" content.
Old 06-06-2007, 14:44   #5
Houngan

Open carry is a provision of our constitution, not the concealed carry laws, so it isn't covered. Suffice to say that it is legal pretty much everywhere, but you should use judgement or expect serious hassles/wrongful arrests. (schools, bars, banks, etc.)

H.
Houngan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 13:22   #6
Glenn E. Meyer

Thanks for the link!

Are there many signs posted? The site says many have come down. Is there a list of places that post? I didn't see one.

Thanks again.
NTI, TSRA, NRA,IDPA Niner #2001 Black Rifle AR-101 Wheelie 442642 L'star 101 J Snub 432

Being an Active Shooter
Old 06-09-2007, 08:03   #7
wprebeck
Got quacks?

The signs in Kentucky don't have the same force of law as do the ones in Texas.

The most a posted business can do in this state is ask you to leave (of course, that's if you're "made"). If you refuse, and the police get there, you may be subject to a charge of "criminal trespass".

For the best info (not that I don't like KC3...it just isn't "official") from a government agency, go to the folks who're responsible for the permits:

www.kentuckystatepolice.org

There's a spot on the left side of the home page for concealed deadly weapons, and I believe there's an FAQ, as well. Oh, and I live here in Louisville; work at the jail. If you're in the downtown area, I'll be working double shifts pretty much all next week. Feel free to PM, if you need anything.
wprebeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 09:55   #8
Glenn E. Meyer

Thanks! I really appreciate it!

Being an Active Shooter
Old 06-21-2007, 10:24   #9
Glenn E. Meyer

Well, I'm back from Louisville. Thanks for the info. I got to stay at the Brown Hotel on 4th. Very nice - and the Hot Brown is quite yummy.

No real troubles. I took a J frame as it went with dress requirements. There were a few panhandlers on 4th between the hotel and convention center but not trouble if you were polite but firm.

Some of the women were intimidated a touch by them.

No time for gun stuff - just work, although I did get to Louisville slugger museum and factory. Got a NY Yankee minibat.

Funny how there is a big sign at the store that you can't put them in the carry on at the airport. Then you get to airport and see scads of them being confiscated. I stowed mine in the checked luggage.

All in all a good time. There was a good Japanese restaurant on Mohammed Ali just off 4th.

Being an Active Shooter
Old 06-22-2007, 06:42   #10
Berretta9

Sorry to hear about the pan handlers. Our idiot mayor refuses to believe they are a problem. Downtown will never really thrive till you can go there without some smelly dude hasseling you for money.
Berretta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:44   #11
Glenn E. Meyer

That's a major issue in many downtowns. Portland, OR was bad. Rudy cleaned up NYC. I was there last year without a hassle in most of touristy Manhattan. SF is bad.

Louisville was not nearly like those. San Antonio has the Riverwalk under pretty good control.

Being an Active Shooter