Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-23-2007, 15:44   #1
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Indy - outdoor public ranges

Hi all, can anyone make suggestions on where to shoot in the South/West area near Indianapolis (other than Atterbury)?

Thanks!

U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 17:00   #2
pinhead56

The only *public* Indy outdoor range I know of is the Eagle Creek range on 56th St just off I-465. Public ranges are just too far and few between 'round these parts. Marion County Fish & Game is open to the public for all their organized shoots like bowling pins, steel plates and trap. See the schedule at:
http://www.indyrange.com/
pinhead56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 17:35   #3
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Thanks pinhead! They have lots going on there! To include a pin match there this morning.....wish I'd have known, I would have gone to it before the GSSF match at Eagle Creek! Oh well, next time.

NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:39   #4
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally posted by Butch
Thanks pinhead! They have lots going on there! To include a pin match there this morning.....wish I'd have known, I would have gone to it before the GSSF match at Eagle Creek! Oh well, next time.

MCFG is a nice range. Gets a little crowded on weekends, really nice days, etc.. but for the most part, everytime I go, I'm by myself, or maybe 1 other person there.

You pay their yearly fee, you get a key to the gate, and pretty much are allowed to shoot anytime from sun up to sun down. If you want to take a guest, its 5.00 for the whole day. Paying the 5.00 is on the honor system, you slip the $5 in an envelope, and slide it in the mail slot on the door.

Chaps me when I see people who don't pay that 5.00 for a guest.

IGF
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 22:35   #5
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Thanks guys!

I can see myself trying to time my trips here so I can hit a pin match at MCFG! Looks like a nice place.

Dad and I took a ride down to Atterbury today, and I have to say, WHAT an improvement! Bathrooms even!

Granted, one looses a bit of 'freedom' with the new setup, but I have no doubt that it's a lot safer and more comfortable than it was before!

NRA Life Member
Old 06-26-2007, 16:02   #6
pupcuss27
CLM Number 119
Charter Lifetime Member

Hey Pinhead

I tried explaining my GlockTalk user name once, care to try yours? .

I once read the definition of "Pupcuss" in a style of Redneck style Dictionary (not Foxworthy's)

to be: (Pupcuss i.e. The gooey film left on the patio door window by your dog's nose/mouth.

Well there's my dumb code name sorurce.

You'll find loads of great information here on Eric's Site(Glock Talk)