Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-24-2007, 14:21   #1
FThorn
TV/Movie Club

Indy I-465: sharp uptick in State Police parking/radar usage.

Any particular reason that there a TONS more ISP on the side/median on 465 nowadays?

I have seen probably a 400% increase.

I can only assume they are specifically after ME, after-all. Am I right?
Old 06-24-2007, 17:39   #2
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Boy you must really have a led foot as often as you post about radar, detectors, speeding, etc.

I've not noticed it anymore than usual..

IGF
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 18:58   #3
blackbeast

i've noticed it too, wondered the same thing. Surely there is a better use of their time.
blackbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 19:38   #4
FThorn
TV/Movie Club

It does not take me any extra neurons to notice them, really. And in the last two weeks, I've seen at least TWO sitting with radar for every 20 or so miles I drive.

I am ticket free for I think near 11 years, now. (3 speed auto, 4 cyl van)
Old 06-24-2007, 21:47   #5
biggl35
NFA user

Yes, I have noticed a significant increase in ISP traffic enforcement on 465. IMHO, it is needed.

<--Drives a truck locally, and I see all the idiots on the road everyday.
Old 06-24-2007, 21:48   #6
epsylum
Boolit Hoze

I have seen more police cars in general in the last few months for some reason. I see at least one almost every time I drive anywhere it seems, even short trips.

I usually don't speed, but I have sort of have a default speed of 40-45mph on the surface streets, as in I just normally drive that speed without looking at the speedo. So I am usually okay except for school zones and the occasional random 30mph zone which I can an eye out for. Highways I drive as fast as the rest of the traffic (which usually means 70-75mph on 465 ).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
epsylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 21:50   #7
blackbeast

speed is nowhere near as big as a problem as
1. people generally driving like asshats.
2. people blatantly running red lights. My jeep is going to be a customized short wheelbase edition sooner or later.
blackbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:17   #8
IPDBrad

I am always amazed at how stupid people drive whenever I get out of the police car and drive the wifes car. I never realized how polite people become when they see a police car.

The red light running, tailgating and lane changes without warning let alone space to do so, are out of control.

Of course, people doing all of those things are saving so much time.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:19   #9
FThorn
TV/Movie Club

Quote:
Originally posted by biggl35
Yes, I have noticed a significant increase in ISP traffic enforcement on 465. IMHO, it is needed.

<--Drives a truck locally, and I see all the idiots on the road everyday.
Now, why do you call the radar traps idiots?
Old 06-25-2007, 05:23   #10
FThorn
TV/Movie Club

Quote:
Originally posted by epsylum
I have seen more police cars in general in the last few months for some reason. I see at least one almost every time I drive anywhere it seems, even short trips.

I usually don't speed, but I have sort of have a default speed of 40-45mph on the surface streets, as in I just normally drive that speed without looking at the speedo. So I am usually okay except for school zones and the occasional random 30mph zone which I can an eye out for. Highways I drive as fast as the rest of the traffic (which usually means 70-75mph on 465 ).
On some of my daily drives, I can see 7 police cars on one 2-mile stretch of road. When I travel, and from other places I have lived, I'm amazed at how many police cars are on the road/visible around here. But, seeing them just driving from point-a-to-point be (even for personal use) is not what I was originally talking about. I'm talking about the ones that are currently parking on 465, with active radar for same-direction traffic. In 15 years, I have never seen so many over a two-week or so period consistently. It just seems like they have been given some new marching orders.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:34   #11
mpholic

Quote:
Originally posted by IPDBrad
The red light running, tailgating and lane changes without warning let alone space to do so, are out of control.
Out of control is an understatement. I expect this sort of behaviour (that doesn't make it right though) from the yuppies driving their expensive sports cars but I see this more often than not from soccer moms driving their minivans full of kids on the way to school or some kiddie sporting event. Most of them are on their cell phone while doing it too. I can't believe these people are driving so irresponsibly with their children in the car.
mpholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:30   #12
boby

Quote:
Originally posted by IPDBrad
I am always amazed at how stupid people drive whenever I get out of the police car and drive the wifes car. I never realized how polite people become when they see a police car.

Of course, people doing all of those things are saving so much time.
Agreed. The first time I got in a CVP car I was amazed at how much nicer everyone around you is.

Kind of makes me want to buy a crown vic but they guzzle gas...
boby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 14:10   #13
epsylum
Boolit Hoze

Quote:
Originally posted by boby
Agreed. The first time I got in a CVP car I was amazed at how much nicer everyone around you is.

Kind of makes me want to buy a crown vic but they guzzle gas...
My dad had a Mercury Marauder for a couple of years. It was funny seeing people change lanes to get out of the way and them slowing down/mashing the brakes to get back under the speed limit because they thought it was a police car.

I wish he still had it. That was a cool car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
epsylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 16:33   #14
Indy_Guy_77
Thread Killer

I'm GLAD that I'm seeing more on the roads, especially 465.

What really burns me up, though, is when I have my cruise set at 65 and am passed quite easily by IMPD...without them being on an emergency run.

Too bad there's not a website where citizens can register driving complaints against cruisers!

-J-
Indy_Guy_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 17:54   #15
FThorn
TV/Movie Club

Last edited by FThorn; 06-25-2007 at 18:12..
FThorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 19:10   #16
boby

One day I to will hopefully gain the skill of looking at a police cruiser and instantly knowing its destination!
Old 06-25-2007, 20:29   #17
IPDBrad

Yeah, you know those cops. Always driving too fast when you see them, but they never arrive fast enough when you call.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:17   #18
Loucks

As far as I'm concerned, the more IMPD on 465 the better! That just leaves fewer to cover "Super" 70 while I'm on the way to work.
Loucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:01   #19
Z34Lee
Rush is Right!

Send a message via AIM to Z34Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Z34Lee
I almost never leave Marion county anymore on my normal commutes. I use College Ave, Meridian, 38th, and 10th streets everyday. There are a few things I notice daily. One is not staying in your lane. Meridian, College, and 10th are all very narrow. Don't make it worse by swerving over lanes! Another is constant red-light running. It's not hard to stop in time. Occasionally you catch the tail end of the red light, but I must see people blow through when it's red before they even hit the intersection at least 3 times a trip.
Top Guns .357 Sig Club #432
.40S&W Club #432
H,F,& C Club #432

"Reckon so" - The Outlaw Josey Wales
Z34Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:35   #20
boby

Quote:
Originally posted by Loucks
As far as I'm concerned, the more IMPD on 465 the better! That just leaves fewer to cover "Super" 70 while I'm on the way to work.
Careful on super 70, I got two tickets in uniform on the way to work the race. If they didn't have mercy for me I don't think anyone else is going to get any mercy either lol....