Quote:
Originally posted by GSD17
I have to work every other weekend so my chances are 50%-50%

Ditto
Old 08-22-2007, 06:58   #77
Donkey

Quote:
Originally posted by FM12
Donkey: Welcom back! There's a tactical shop out on the Wetumpka hiway, cant remember the name of it, check the yellow pages...Also, there is a new walter craig store on N. boulevard, their prices are a little high though. Then there's Gulf States, but dont know if they sell to civilans (not knowing you status) I usually have a few for sale and am in Montgomery almost weekly, whatcha looking for?
Thanks alot, it's good to be back. yeah i checked the yellow pages and the only thing listed was a pawn shop, not to sure if i want to buy from one though. im active duty air force. well first would be a M9/92/96, my wife loves that pistol, but i am open to anything that shoots really. she also likes walther P99's.

thanks for your tips, il go check acouple out this week.
Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:00   #78
Donkey

Quote:
Originally posted by AVcop
Anybody that can do their time here (in Bham) and get out has certainly accomplished something.
thats something i hear all to often. im glad theres people up there like you trying to make it safe though.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:02   #79
FM12
I need AMMO!

OK, Donkey, dont have a M9 or Walther, check the othewr retail outlets, stay in touch, Ken
Old 08-22-2007, 09:42   #80
Donkey

Quote:
OK, Donkey, dont have a M9 or Walther, check the othewr retail outlets, stay in touch, Ken
yup no problem, im only $200 short of my wifes requirements before i can start spending money.

only reason why i say those is because those are the only two she has ever shot before. im sure if i put anything in her hand that isnt a pocket pistol she would love it.

if anyone has spares to sell let me know
Old 08-22-2007, 11:53   #81
W Turner

Checking in from the Decatur area in North Alabama.

1. I'm in the Decatur area, but can drive to B'ham easily, Montgomery if I had to.
2. Only Saturdays I KNOW I can't do it are the 4th Sat. of each month. Other than that it's a matter of preference (not the 3rd saturday in October)
3. How about an IDPA style match for those that want to shoot? Maybe even incorporate some carbine and shotgun side matches for fun. I have run an IDPA match before, although I am not a certified RSO.
4. $20 or so seems reasonable. A little more if a Tshirt (XXXL for me) is included.
5. already addressed above
6. Been a member here for a while now so no problems there.

I would suggest we wait until October or maybe even early November for weather reasons.

Bull
Kalashnikov Klub #0511
W Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:13   #82
Donkey

so i've been looking online for shooting ranges in montgomery and the only one i found with a pistol range is private. does that mean you have to buy an annual membership? i would call but there is no phone number.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:02   #83
FM12
I need AMMO!

Bull: Thnaks for the info, thats the kind of response I need to try to figure out who/when/where. Ken
Old 08-23-2007, 06:00   #84
Donkey

well i couldnt find 6 questions in your post:
i can shoot whenever, as long as im not golfing.
it doesnt matter to me how we shoot, whether it's comp style or just shooting for fun and jaw jackin.
i guess where doesnt matter, although i would love it to be in montgomery
i forgot the rest(only one cup of coffee so far)

and today i might be ordering a 92F and a Springfield GI .45 in OD green. found a litlle gun store on ATL highway right outside gunter called, "the arms outpost" guy was pretty cool and called his reps for prices right then and there. might buy a mil surplus rifle from him today as well. i spending money
Old 08-24-2007, 06:02   #85
Joe D

AVcop, we have started having a Thursday night shoot once a month at Steel City. Pretty good LE turnout last night. I was glad to see that. Shot 4 stages. Match starts at 6pm. We plan on doing this all year. I can't wait for the night shoots when the time changes.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:04   #86
Donkey

well yesterday i picked up a kimber Custom TLE/RL II and a ultra carry with two boxes, going this saturday to a range off old wetumka hwy probably.
Old 08-24-2007, 22:39   #87
AVcop

Send a message via Yahoo to AVcop
Thanks for the info, Joe. Thursdays are tough for me, I work my off duty job on Thursdays. Maybe I can take off one a month when I know yall are meeting. Where is Steel City?
Old 08-25-2007, 14:46   #88
Joe D

www.scssa.org
We also shoot IDPA the 2nd Saturday each month.
Old 08-26-2007, 13:59   #89
hankfan79

Quote:
Donkey: Welcom back! There's a tactical shop out on the Wetumpka hiway, cant remember the name of it, check the yellow pages...Also, there is a new walter craig store on N. boulevard, their prices are a little high though. Then there's Gulf States, but dont know if they sell to civilans (not knowing you status) I usually have a few for sale and am in Montgomery almost weekly, whatcha looking for?

If I am not mistaken, the store off Old Wetumpka Highway was called Tactical supply. I spoke with a friend at a Gun Show and he stated that they went out of business(or they were on their way). Stay away from Walter Craig. He bought out what used to be called Jay's outdoors. Their prices are rediculous!

+1 for Gulf States

Custom--Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator
hankfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 21:16   #90
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Where is Gulf States?

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 23:10   #91
FM12
I need AMMO!

East Shirley Lane, kinda behind Capitol Chevrolet
Old 08-27-2007, 06:31   #92
Donkey

Quote:
Originally posted by hankfan79
If I am not mistaken, the store off Old Wetumpka Highway was called Tactical supply. I spoke with a friend at a Gun Show and he stated that they went out of business(or they were on their way). Stay away from Walter Craig. He bought out what used to be called Jay's outdoors. Their prices are rediculous!

+1 for Gulf States
yeah tactical did close. i talked to a guy who used to work there this weekend at the range off lower wetumpka.

well WC has cheap ammo prices atleast for blazer .45 and the kimber i bought new at a store on atlanta and colliseum(spelling?) was cheaper at walter craig by $20 lol.
Old 08-27-2007, 18:08   #93
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Last time I went by Tactical he was still open, just under a different name. Redmond something or other..

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:56   #94
Donkey

oh, well il probably try to go by it and check out the prices. anyone know where to buy some bulk .45ACP? i plan on reloading very shortly but me and my wife shoot alot and it gets expensive buying by the 50 round box.