Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:51   #1
Jbar4Ranch
B-Western Hero

Send a message via ICQ to Jbar4Ranch
Replacing Firefox bookmarks

How do you do this?? I can export my bookmarks to a folder, and if the bookmarks name already exists, it tells me so and asks if I would like to replace the existing file with the new one. OK, so far so good. But when I want to import the bookmarks file to Firefox, there doesn't seem to be any provision to replace the existing bookmarks in the Firefox browser, they are appended to the existing bookmarks instead, and I end up with both the existing bookmarks and the new imported bookmarks. I can't see any way to delete the existing bookmarks as a whole, and have to go through and delete them one by one.
Jbar4Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:21   #2
Blitzer
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to Blitzer Send a message via Yahoo to Blitzer
You are correct.

Maybe try looking on the Firefox help or user feedback sites?
Old 07-05-2007, 16:28   #3
malkore

C:\Documents and Settings\[your profile name]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[some random md5hash\bookmarks.html

that's the location for your bookmarks file. You may need to enable viewing system folders to see that location.
Walther p22 (carbon fiber)
Sig Mosquito
malkore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 20:27   #4
FastZ

I believe he already knows where the .html bookmarks file is. His problem, to me anyways, seems to be something I've ran into a time or two myself. The best thing I can recommend man, is to delete the bookmarks in Firefox before you upload the old ones or new ones or whatever ones are in the .html file you are trying to append or use to replace whatever bookmarks are on Firefox to begin with.

Anyways, you dont have to delete each bookmark "one-by-one". When you go to Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks, just click and highlight the first bookmark you want to delete, scroll down to the last bookmark you want to delete, hold down the SHIFT key and click that last bookmark. This should highlight every bookmark between the first one you highlighted and the last one, to include the first and last ones. Then delete them all at once. Then go and upload the replacement bookmarks.

That's the only way I know of. Hope it suffices.